Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened the other night, I was dreaming about my car and in the dream I kept hearing a Squeek, it so happened when I looked it was that pesky felt that the top pins rest on when the top is down had slipped again. well in my dream I got some of the stuff you can dip your tool handles in to insulate and protect them and put on it, it is a very tough plastic coating when it cures... so today I got some of the black and applied it in place of the felt... after it cures tomorrow I will try it out and let you know, I may have to put another coat on it to make it better but before I do I thought I would try one coat first... I wil let you know how it works,

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Squeek!!!

Well there was no squeek when i put the top down today, now i need to see how durable the coating is... still in the testing phase...:thumbs:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very cool

·
Registered
41 Posts
fix

Tim,

Sounds like a great idea. I hope it works out for you.

I haven't noticed the squeak on mine, but I did note that it does not go all the way down on that L-bracket. Mine sit on top of the L and despite my best efforts will not go behind it to rest on the bottom of the L - where I suspect it is supposed to rest. Anyone have a fix for that problem?

Jonm

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Please keep us posted on how well it is standing up. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jonm said:
Tim,

Sounds like a great idea. I hope it works out for you.

I haven't noticed the squeak on mine, but I did note that it does not go all the way down on that L-bracket. Mine sit on top of the L and despite my best efforts will not go behind it to rest on the bottom of the L - where I suspect it is supposed to rest. Anyone have a fix for that problem?

Jonm
for me I took a small cresent wrench (4") and sized it to fit the thickness of the L bracket and then just bent it slightly down until the pin would slide easily all the way down...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marklynn70 said:
Please keep us posted on how well it is standing up. :cheers:
so far no wear is noticable.... I drove around a few hours today with the top down... no wear and no squeek....:) BTW This morning I put a dab on the tip of each alignment pin, Let it cure for about 5 hours...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tim...could you snap a few pics of your "squeak fix"? And also the name of the product you used and where I could find it? This squeak is driving me crazy! :crazy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
nscrbug said:
Tim...could you snap a few pics of your "squeak fix"? And also the name of the product you used and where I could find it? This squeak is driving me crazy! :crazy:
Well duh there is the post... Skip...not thinking rite or left.....:cheers: :cheers:If it was not rainin out I would snap a few shots of the troublesome bracket....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Please see thread about SQUEAK...Skip....:cool: :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts