Saturn Sky Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Mine is hooked up to the brake lights. It isn't on when I'm backing up....until I hit the brakes. I haven't taken it off since I got it so I ride with it on and the top up quite often. There really isn't a problem. You can always see cars behind you with their lights on....if their lights aren't on and it's dark out, you wouldn't see them anyway!

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
that picture of the world trade center...I don't believe it would work well on a Windscreen but definitely has alot of potential for businesses and anniversaries....beautiful memorial.

·
Registered
108 Posts
New design installed

Robert sent me our new design WR the other day. I hooked it up this weekend and have a couple pictures. Looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not trying to start trouble, really!!!

Okay, so I'm making up a "wish list" for the wife (my birthday is in December!). I've seen the Kappasphere SKYshield, and now in this thread I'm seeing a lot of the Wind Restrictor brand. So which is better? I see that the WR offers laser engraving & illumination, where the KS one doesn't. What else makes it different than the KS, and vice-versa? Any advice posted here soon will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Robert sent me our new design WR the other day. I hooked it up this weekend and have a couple pictures. Looks great!
Beautiful!! Love it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got this from Robert a week or so ago, and we really like it. It's a copy of a Picasso line drawing titled "La Paloma Azul" (the blue dove). Not surprisingly, we choose the blue LEDs. The power consumption is so low, we opted to run it off a small battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have my WR on all the time. At night with the top up or down at the low level of illumination if a car is behind you their light more than drown out the light from your vision. I have never had a problem backing even with the power at high.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I have my WR on all the time. At night with the top up or down at the low level of illumination if a car is behind you their light more than drown out the light from your vision. I have never had a problem backing even with the power at high.
I think the etched design may be a big factor. Mine is a large bright blue block that takes up a lot of prime real estate right in the middle of the WR. I definitely have to turn it off before I back into my driveway. On the road, it's not an issue.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Robert just sent me a pic of my finished v2 WR. He did an awsome job. Being sent as I type this.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Any more to add to this thread? It's nice having them all in one place!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dont you guys have problems with the wr with the top up? I can not keep my on with the top up.I have no problems taking it down after i put the top up,but if there's a way to keep it on at all times that would be great.can someone please help me out :willy:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am waiting for Robert to send me a draft of my design. As Saturn is unknown here in the UK I have chosen to use an image of the planet Saturn instead. I'll be posting pics as soon as I have them.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts