Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Ment to post a couple of days ago

1st proto type!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with the cheapest trunk gap type...it's tinted and has Redline in silver on it...see my sig below

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi Bacon,

Last January when we picked up our Sky, it had the lower priced thin trunk-gap wind restrictor on it. I believe it is the same as you recently purchased. At the time I did not know anything about it.

At the dealer during the purchase inspection, the trunk would not open. Though we heard the release make noise, the dealer and I both thought there was a mechanical failure. After pulling up while pushing the button, we finally managed to open the trunk. It was then that we learned of the interference caused by the wind restrictor. Fortunately I had a screw driver handy so I removed the restrictor and mounts at the dealer which solved the problem. Needless to say I discarded it.

I recently installed the more expensive wind restrictor that mounts more forward using Velcro tape. It is a very nice product. So far so good. I got the plain clear version to keep the cost down. As far as functionality, it helps, but not as much as my wife and I hoped for. It seems to be more effective when the door windows are up. I consider it 50% effective, and 50% for styling which is very complimentary.

If anyone wonders, our wind restrictor does not interfere when putting the convertible top up or down.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Bacon,

Last January when we picked up our Sky, it had the lower priced thin trunk-gap wind restrictor on it. I believe it is the same as you recently purchased. At the time I did not know anything about it.

At the dealer during the purchase inspection, the trunk would not open. Though we heard the release make noise, the dealer and I both thought there was a mechanical failure. After pulling up while pushing the button, we finally managed to open the trunk. It was then that we learned of the interference caused by the wind restrictor. Fortunately I had a screw driver handy so I removed the restrictor and mounts at the dealer which solved the problem. Needless to say I discarded it.

I recently installed the more expensive wind restrictor that mounts more forward using Velcro tape. It is a very nice product. So far so good. I got the plain clear version to keep the cost down. As far as functionality, it helps, but not as much as my wife and I hoped for. I consider it 50% effective, and 50% for styling. It seems to contribute a lot better when the door windows are up.
I’m still on the fence about buying/installing one. Thanks for your observations. We’re not too far from each other ...... perhaps I’ll see you and your Sky on the road.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Can you say Road Trip? In my best Rod Serling...... Imagine a Sunny 😎 Spring Day.... winding roads....and no traffic.....where Saturn 🪐 Sky’s rule the roads.... entering a dream 🤔..... no, you’ve just entered the Skylight Zone....
Spring would be a great time for a road trip.... perhaps to Galena....

·
Registered
653 Posts
perhaps to Galena....
It's funny that you mentioned Galena. We were there a week ago today for fall colors. It was a great ride. We left the Galena Territory as the sun was nearing the horizon. It got dark and cool near Rockford so we gassed up, put the top up, and bee-lined it home on I-90.

·
Registered
210 Posts
We have a second home in Rome Wisconsin (approx. 40 miles North of the Dells).... last weekend.... colors were the best we’ve seen in years.... 🍁 l🍁 🍁 or perhaps 🤔 it was the top down drive in the Sky.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts