Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, I posted about a CAI and got blasted:banghead:
if a bend in a intake is so bad why do all modern engines
have intake tracks that near 180 deg bends before
innering the chamber?
And what difference does it make how the filter sits because
where it is, is dead air, the grill is closed in front of the filter.
its only up there to get air from infront of the radiator.
and how has seen a RAM AIR INDUCTION....on a SKY anyway?
I'am not cutting one or the other:nono:

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
For your questions on intake bends from the factory, if the factory always "got it right" we'd have no need to modify anything.

Bends are bad, no doubt, but there is always going to be a certain amount of bends required when dealing with cars like this. Let's face it, if we could do a straight intake it would be sticking out a hole in our hood.

In the other thread I mentioned there probably is not a huge power difference between the too. Only way to tell for sure is to put the stock air box on a car, dyno it. Then put the Kappa intake on and dyno it. Then put the GMPP intake on and dyno it. Then you'll have an idea of their power differences. Of course, if we had scanners we could also recored IAT (Intake Air Temp) and MAF (Mass Air Flow) and see if there are any increases between the two. Both intakes take a 90 into the TB (Throttle Body) after the MAF so it should be a pretty good indication of improvement.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Talking About Me????

FLASKY said:
Boy, I posted about a CAI and got blasted:banghead:
if a bend in a intake is so bad why do all modern engines
have intake tracks that near 180 deg bends before
innering the chamber?
And what difference does it make how the filter sits because
where it is, is dead air, the grill is closed in front of the filter.
its only up there to get air from infront of the radiator.
and how has seen a RAM AIR INDUCTION....on a SKY anyway?
I'am not cutting one or the other:nono:

You must be talking about me!

I am not going to go into detail about everything you posted...it's just clear you don't have good knowledge of induction systems and most likely Motors in general...and you know what...so what....many people don't...Some People who drive VIPERS don't even know where to put the windshield washer fluid...again, who cares!

HOWEVER...

When someone POSTS UNEDUCATED INFORMATION to other members to read that perhaps will allow them to make unwise choices in the future that's where knowledgable members come in.

The last thing any of us want is a member of this Forum getting screwed over by an uneducated post about something somone knows almost nothing or very little about...

This whole CAI conversation could go back and forth again and again...

Everyone wants to be right! Personally I could care less if I win this argument or not.

My last comment on this whole situation is this...

I post GOOD information on subject that I know a hell of a lot about and NOT on things I know little about...and when I don't know something I create a post asking others about it.

I would never want it over my head If I gave BAD information out to other members....and I know you wouldn't either!

There are many factors to COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEMS...I could go on forever about them...they are not as simple as you think. And the only way you would know that is if you worked on them every week.

So lets chill out about all this and take a deep breath.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
HP Boost

I'm one of those guys who doesn't even pop the hood if the car breaks down.....so someone please tell me......how much HP is added with the CAI?

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Monsonn 6-Disk
Manual Trans

Still waiting....................

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hp Gain

MAC you will most likely see a 5-10HP gain from the CAI system installing as is.

There are several CAI systems currently on the market:

KAPPASPHERES CAI :D

K&N's CAI :)

GM's CAI :)

These are the best 3 in that order on the market today...tomorrow...who knows.

Look them all over and ask questions before you choose which one best fits you.

Alohas :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts