Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friendly reminder of posting etiquette for the Sales section:

Etiquette for posting
It is inappropriate to throw cold water on the For Sale threads posted by other members or a vendor by attacking the price or quality of the SKY, parts or service being offered for sale or suggesting alternate sources for the item.

If you don’t like the price or the item being offered, move on.

It boils down to this: If your contribution to a For Sale thread does not advance the sale of the item being offered, you’re probably in the way and shouldn’t be in the thread. If you don’t like the deal, you should take it to e-mail or IMs.

NOTE TO USERS OF THE FOR SALE SECTION

All postings are not for discussion. This section can be thought of as an online classified ad.

All transactions are "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware), and it is the responsibility of the buyer to research their sale. RESEARCH, QUESTIONS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE SALE POSTED, DISCUSSION OF 'FAIR PRICE', ETC. CONDUCTED WITHIN A FOR SALE THREAD ARE CONSIDERED THROWING COLD WATER ON THE SALE AND ARE NOT ALLOWED. There are many sources for researching and discussion such topics. Just don't do it here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just tried to inform some old guy why I thought a set of wheels were advertised as "RARE" and the OP went all ape **** on me via PM:confused:

:lol:

Bert

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yes, is common decency to not warn each other when items are priced too high.

The other week a used item was sold for a price even higher than the new item. Of course I did what every forum member should do, keep silent and let our friend pay too much.

I felt real good about doing the right thing.
The rule doesn't prevent you from giving advice to the seller in a private message or email, just says not to comment in public.

:willy::skep:

·
Registered
12 Posts
some people just have no, LIVES and nothing better to do with there time but HARASS others and think its OK to do so.. and for the genius with the comment about LIFE SUPPORT.. you really need to get a grip!!!

·
7,037 Posts
some people just have no, LIVES and nothing better to do with there time but HARASS others and think its OK to do so.. and for the genius with the comment about LIFE SUPPORT.. you really need to get grip!!!
NYPDMOUNTED = New York City Mounted Police
Be very careful guy, he pays your wages and buys the oats for your ride.... :lol:

:jester:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
some people just have no, LIVES and nothing better to do with there time but HARASS others and think its OK to do so.. and for the genius with the comment about LIFE SUPPORT.. you really need to get grip!!!
That's kinda funny! If you're saying what I think you're saying (it's a bit difficult to parse), MM was saying the same thing as you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reminder..

We have enough hard line sales in our life without having to put up sales scavengers on our blog. If these people can't sell their product in the real world they need to be reminded to lay off of pounding people on this blog. And there is nothing wrong with reminding them of that. Now let's move on..

A friendly reminder of posting etiquette for the Sales section:

·
7,037 Posts
We have enough hard line sales in our life without having to put up sales scavengers on our blog. If these people can't sell their product in the real world they need to be reminded to lay off of pounding people on this blog. And there is nothing wrong with reminding them of that. Now let's move on..
:wtf: Where in Hell did this guy come from! :devil:
The Doc is replying to an "Etiquette Reminder" thread that ended before his membership began... :willy:

:lol::glol::lol:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Hey welcome back, post some more...:D:cheers::skep:

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
I talked a bit to Doc in PM and I believe his issue was if someone is asking a ton for their items here on the forum (blog) that members should be able to call them out on it.

Personally I don't have a problem either way as I feel that if something is overpriced it won't sell and thus the seller with either lower the price or not sell it. Kind of takes care of itself. However, rules are rules and I didn't make (all) of them. LOL

But I also see Doc's position on saving the uninformed from being taken advantage of. Reality is though that there is plenty of information here to figure out if a price is fair or not and we have posts here all the time asking about whether or not the price of something is in line with what the market normally bears.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Robo...

See you on the 19th..

Doc
:cool:
I talked a bit to Doc in PM and I believe his issue was if someone is asking a ton for their items here on the forum (blog) that members should be able to call them out on it.

Personally I don't have a problem either way as I feel that if something is overpriced it won't sell and thus the seller with either lower the price or not sell it. Kind of takes care of itself. However, rules are rules and I didn't make (all) of them. LOL

But I also see Doc's position on saving the uninformed from being taken advantage of. Reality is though that there is plenty of information here to figure out if a price is fair or not and we have posts here all the time asking about whether or not the price of something is in line with what the market normally bears.

·
Super Moderator
5,793 Posts
How do you start a message?

I can't figure it out.

Maybe I'm a moton.

[email protected]
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know what a "moton" is, but I don't think you are one of those, either.

> Go to the tool bar at the top of the page where is says FORUMS and a drop down will appear.
>Move down to, say, Saturn Sky Discussion and another menu will appear
>Select, for example, General Saturn Sky Discussion and click it
> In the upper left is a button titled >Post New Thread. Click it
>Fill in a title and write a message
>Go to the bottom of the form and click SUBMIT NEW THREAD

It may take a while to show up because your first posts have to be approved by the Super Moderator and he isn't always here.

You should really take your email address out of your signature. There are bots that cruise around looking for addresses to send spam to.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The rule doesn't prevent you from giving advice to the seller in a private message or email, just says not to comment in public.

:willy::skep:
How does telling the seller that they are ripping people off, help the buyer?

Seems posting on a for sale listing, that hey you can get this new for less, or this price is out of line with market pricing, should be ok. Buyer can explain why they want more, or not comment. I see no harm in keeping the classifieds from becoming a rip off for those who don't know better.

Would rather see the classified's here be kept safer for the buyers, then a free market rippoff place for sellers.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
How does telling the seller that they are ripping people off, help the buyer?
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I'm also not the one that set up the rules for this forum.

Leave to a new guy to dig out the gems from the past, this thread is only 4-5 years old.

:dunno:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts