Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As yall be knowin that Skybaby is the number one poster. And Mike of Marlboro is a close second, but Skip is now entrenched in third place. What this all means is Skip has got to get a life instead of bein on this here forum so dang much...Skip....:):D:)

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Look out Skip, I am on your heals. :D And you started many months before me.......I slowly took John D, and then Ernest...........(Enter Jaws music here) Duuuuuhhhhhhhhhh da, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh daaa..........dummmm dummmm dummm dummmm dummm dummmm. :willy::D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Maybe when I retire?

Gosh darn guess I do have a life, way back in the pack, to busy out driving I guess. Don't stop Skipper I also look forward to your Southern Charm :cheers:

TulsaSky
:jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Uhoh.. does that mean... I AM A LOSER? with NO LIFE? lolol.... Oh well. I dont mind. luv ya SkyBaby

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
And all that is well and good, AS LONG AS THIS POST DON'T COUNT.. :D:cheers: But I do agree, I think we ALL need to get a life and away from this place.. :D Luckily, I have 3 or 4 other forums that I have the honor of harassing..

PS: I never much pay attention to this topic, until the "counters" bring it up..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
And all that is well and good, AS LONG AS THIS POST DON'T COUNT.. :D:cheers: But I do agree, I think we ALL need to get a life and away from this place.. :D Luckily, I have 3 or 4 other forums that I have the honor of harassing..

PS: I never much pay attention to this topic, until the "counters" bring it up..
Well.... I didnt bring it up this time.... Just put in my two cents worth. That is it...SkyBaby Cant wait to meet ya Frank. Have a great week

·
Registered
5,438 Posts

The sad fact is I too belong to a few other forums for other interests. :leaving:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Well.... I didnt bring it up this time.... Just put in my two cents worth. That is it...SkyBaby Cant wait to meet ya Frank. Have a great week
Oh yea babes, it should be fun... :thumbs:

The sad fact is I too belong to a few other forums for other interests. :leaving:
Yea, I belong to a H2 forum, a detailing forum, a Audio/Video forum (I love high tech gear, like LCD TV's (to a lessor extent plasma), Blu-Ray players/movies, Amp/Receivers, speakers etc etc..) Photography forum.. lets see, ah yea a couple of coin forums, (don't go to those like I use to however).. I think that is it off the top of my head.. Oh of course this one & solstice forums.. :willy:

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Oh yea babes, it should be fun... :thumbs:

Yea, I belong to a H2 forum, a detailing forum, a Audio/Video forum (I love high tech gear, like LCD TV's (to a lessor extent plasma), Blu-Ray players/movies, Amp/Receivers, speakers etc etc..) Photography forum.. lets see, ah yea a couple of coin forums, (don't go to those like I use to however).. I think that is it off the top of my head.. Oh of course this one & solstice forums.. :willy:
Hey MB...we have much in common, I too am a Audiophile/Home Theater/Movie Nut.

I have currently about 300 Blu-Ray/HD-DVD, about 1,400 standard DVD, 250 Laserdiscs (that's right and a player that still works).

My System is a:
- Samsung 52" LED LCD
- Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH 7.1 A/V Receiver
- B & W 600 Series Speakers All Around 7 Channels with 3 Subs in 2 ranges.
- Samsung Blu-Ray Player Model BD-P1400 & BD-P1500
- Toshiba HD DVD HDA-30 (3 of them)
- Pioneer Elite Standard Digital DVD Player & Pioneer Laser Disc Player
- Tivo HD
- Xbox
- Nintendo Wii

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Hey MB...we have much in common, I too am a Audiophile/Home Theater/Movie Nut.

I have currently about 300 Blu-Ray/HD-DVD, about 1,400 standard DVD, 250 Laserdiscs (that's right and a player that still works).

My System is a:
- Samsung 52" LED LCD
- Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH 7.1 A/V Receiver
- B & W 600 Series Speakers All Around 7 Channels with 3 Subs in 2 ranges.
- Samsung Blu-Ray Player Model BD-P1400 & BD-P1500
- Toshiba HD DVD HDA-30 (3 of them)
- Pioneer Elite Standard Digital DVD Player & Pioneer Laser Disc Player
- Tivo HD
- Xbox
- Nintendo Wii
Holy Cow Batman, You and I MUST somehow meet one day..:lol:
My Blu-Ray collection is still in its infancy if you will, I say about 20-25 movies, maybe more & growing, BUT each and everyone one of them has incredible video & sounds, DVD's, I would speculate around 200+, (I never counted my stuff :lol:), Another 2-300+ VHS, about the same # for Beta (remember those?) I Still have a Super Beta Sony VCR player that still works, A Toshiba BIG Disc Laser Disc, and about 25-30 of those Big multi-disc movies, (One of my fav one of those is Tora Tora Tora). All my players still work, being that I am in electronics something wears out, I buy the part and replace it, like a roller or something.. I won't tell ya what I have in the garage "inactive" if you will, HOWEVER, :D,

This is my current setup that is in my ACTIVE "Theater System" and currently hooked up :cheers:. (BUT, I am considering hooking up some of my old equipment and bringing those media(s) "out of the boxes" they are currently residing in..:D)

Sony 52" Sony KDL52XBR4 LCD << The best picture on a TV I have EVER ever seen.. (No longer made, but still in heavy demand).
Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH 7.1 A/V Receiver
Sony PS3 << My Blu-Ray Player :D
Direct TVHD
Klipsch Speakers 5.1 Way RF-82B RC-62B RS-52B
1 Dynamo Sub- Woofer only a little one BUT powerful never the less.

Have the old analog Turn Table for LP records, which BTW, I am converting all my LP's to WAV's, then burning them onto a CD for a permanent record.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Holy Cow Batman, You and I MUST somehow meet one day..:lol:
My Blu-Ray collection is still in its infancy if you will, I say about 20-25 movies, maybe more & growing, BUT each and everyone one of them has incredible video & sounds, DVD's, I would speculate around 200+, (I never counted my stuff :lol:), Another 2-300+ VHS, about the same # for Beta (remember those?) I Still have a Super Beta Sony VCR player that still works, A Toshiba BIG Disc Laser Disc, and about 25-30 of those Big multi-disc movies, (One of my fav one of those is Tora Tora Tora). All my players still work, being that I am in electronics something wears out, I buy the part and replace it, like a roller or something.. I won't tell ya what I have in the garage "inactive" if you will, HOWEVER, :D,

This is my current setup that is in my ACTIVE "Theater System" and currently hooked up :cheers:. (BUT, I am considering hooking up some of my old equipment and bringing those media(s) "out of the boxes" they are currently residing in..:D)

Sony 52" Sony KDL52XBR4 LCD << The best picture on a TV I have EVER ever seen.. (No longer made, but still in heavy demand).
Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH 7.1 A/V Receiver
Sony PS3 << My Blu-Ray Player :D
Direct TVHD
Klipsch Speakers 5.1 Way RF-82B RC-62B RS-52B
1 Dynamo Sub- Woofer only a little one BUT powerful never the less.

Have the old analog Turn Table for LP records, which BTW, I am converting all my LP's to WAV's, then burning them onto a CD for a permanent record.
Nice! I see you have found the Pioneer Elite Line, they are a great value. I had one back in the early 90's and then in 99 I switched over to Nakamichi. That unit was even better, but they do not make it anymore for the US. So last year when I decided I needed 4+ HDMI inputs and a New Receiver, I went back to Pioneer. 7:1 Surround is killer man. My B&W Speakers cost me a fortune ($8K) over a couple of years I put together:

2 Standing front speakers with individually amped Stereo Subs, a very large center channel, 2 THX Certified Dipole Side Speakers, 2 Small Rear Speakers, and a Monster Sub to go lower than the smaller subs that are in the front speakers. I placed the Sub behind the TV centered....NICE!

If you never heard B&W Speakers, man I cannot even describe the clarity. Sounds like sword clanging, there is nothing more crystal clear I tell you.

Here is the speakers I have:

View the 600 Series speakers at Bowers & Wilkins - The World?s leading speaker brand.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Nice! I see you have found the Pioneer Elite Line, they are a great value. I had one back in the early 90's and then in 99 I switched over to Nakamichi. That unit was even better, but they do not make it anymore for the US. So last year when I decided I needed 4+ HDMI inputs and a New Receiver, I went back to Pioneer. 7:1 Surround is killer man. My B&W Speakers cost me a fortune ($8K) over a couple of years I put together:

2 Standing front speakers with individually amped Stereo Subs, a very large center channel, 2 THX Certified Dipole Side Speakers, 2 Small Rear Speakers, and a Monster Sub to go lower than the smaller subs that are in the front speakers. I placed the Sub behind the TV centered....NICE!

If you never heard B&W Speakers, man I cannot even describe the clarity. Sounds like sword clanging, there is nothing more crystal clear I tell you.

Here is the speakers I have:

View the 600 Series speakers at Bowers & Wilkins - The World?s leading speaker brand.
Very Very nice. Isn't it amazing how the speaker makers web sites are so beautiful?:D Here is the the website for the ones I own. Altho I did not spend the kind of money you did, I am quit happy with these Klispsch for the same reason you bought yours, clear , no , crystal clear sounds from my babies also. My setup is basically the second ones down the left side, the RF-82 HT. Floorstanding Systems

Well I think the Pioneer receivers are one of the best ones made (altho Denon, Yamaha, Marantz & Onkyo owners would dispute that :lol:) . I was an Onkyo owner & fan for many many years, but found out while researching my next power house, that they have been having heat issues with their high end units at the time on my AVS forum. I also had to have at least 4 HDMI connections, altho only currently using 2. The Pioneers you & I have, have been discontinues (as you know), and no longer made, replaced with their newer Elite rivals & replacements. I considered buying the VSX-94TXH, but decided that I don't need the internet connection part, which as you know is basically the only differences bwt the 2 we own. Also, when I walked into the tweeter store and saw that they were blowing them out at $799 (List I think was $1199 which blew me away I was ready to pay the 1200, OR the $1400 for the 94) vs $1400 or so they wanted for the 94, it became a no brainer for me. I just could not justify another $5-600 for the 94 for just the internet connection..... When I saw the 799 price, THAT made up my mind.. I took the money difference and upgraded to the speakers I really wanted..

On a side note, you know that Circuit City is going bankrupted? They are now in liquidation, will be making final sales and their webpage is shut down today..:eek: One less place to shop and look for a bargain. Guess I'll be going more & more to best buy..

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Very Very nice. Isn't it amazing how the speaker makers web sites are so beautiful?:D Here is the the website for the ones I own. Altho I did not spend the kind of money you did, I am quit happy with these Klispsch for the same reason you bought yours, clear , no , crystal clear sounds from my babies also. My setup is basically the second ones down the left side, the RF-82 HT. Floorstanding Systems

Well I think the Pioneer receivers are one of the best ones made (altho Denon, Yamaha, Marantz & Onkyo owners would dispute that :lol:) . I was an Onkyo owner & fan for many many years, but found out while researching my next power house, that they have been having heat issues with their high end units at the time on my AVS forum. I also had to have at least 4 HDMI connections, altho only currently using 2. The Pioneers you & I have, have been discontinues (as you know), and no longer made, replaced with their newer Elite rivals & replacements. I considered buying the VSX-94TXH, but decided that I don't need the internet connection part, which as you know is basically the only differences bwt the 2 we own. Also, when I walked into the tweeter store and saw that they were blowing them out at $799 (List I think was $1199 which blew me away I was ready to pay the 1200, OR the $1400 for the 94) vs $1400 or so they wanted for the 94, it became a no brainer for me. I just could not justify another $5-600 for the 94 for just the internet connection..... When I saw the 799 price, THAT made up my mind.. I took the money difference and upgraded to the speakers I really wanted..

On a side note, you know that Circuit City is going bankrupted? They are now in liquidation, will be making final sales and their webpage is shut down today..:eek: One less place to shop and look for a bargain. Guess I'll be going more & more to best buy..

Yeahhhhhh Man, I am very familiar with the Klipsch....very nice also. I have Klipsch Computer speakers, and they are very nice! I hear you on the 94. I basically went for it because I was able to snag it at $925....super cheap. Yea, it sucks Circuit City i going out, but I have had issues there and the one by me has a bunch of jerk off's working there. But it does hurt bargain hunting. Best Buy is so expensive unless you make them price match or catch a rare sale. We have a place local called PC Richard & Sons, hich only has a few stores but helps out with price matching.

I tell you though, The nice thing about buying high end audio is the speakers are just so well built they keep the same model and series for years. I bought the first part of my set-up back in 2000 and just last year bought my 7th channel speakers and they are the same make and model. So the spec is exacta and they fit right into the existing system.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The new HD TV system just coming out is "Laser"!
I saw where it is priced around $6,000. My 65" HD set is old now (1080i) but back then I paid $11,000 and shortly afterwards saw the price tumble like the stock market. :eek: So this time I am going to wait a bit.

Plus only "Direct" actually provides a 1080P signal to date. Why get too far ahead of the curve. :cheers:

Hey, did we all get off topic? :banghead::hijack:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I saw where it is priced around $6,000. My 65" HD set is old now (1080i) but back then I paid $11,000 and shortly afterwards saw the price tumble like the stock market. :eek: So this time I am going to wait a bit.

Plus only "Direct" actually provides a 1080P signal to date. Why get too far ahead of the curve. :cheers:

What topic? This topic IS off topic anywayz.. :D

·
Registered
5,438 Posts

My Blu-Ray is full 1080P so we are not really ahead of the curve having 1080P cable TV's. But I hear the new laser technology is awesome. I am very happy with my 52" LED LCD so I am good for 7-10 years. I will buy the laser version once they get cheap! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts