Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new wheels on order and the spokes are black powder coated. They dont come in chrome. I want to change them to silver/chrome and think powder coating might be the way to go. Eastwoods has some small powder coationg kits with dual voltage so that I coulod coat over the black. Will these kits do items as big as wheels??? Can I cure them in the kitchen oven...if my wife is not home...??? What temperatures are needed to cure them,??
What would it cost to get them done professionally?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be worth it because the equipment including an oven would cost almost that much and then I would have to do a lot of labor.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I paid $75 Canadian a few years ago for each wheel to get them powder coated or $300 for the set of 4. I dropped them off and picked them up a few days later.
I live in Arizona and was quoted $1000 for a set of 4 wheels...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
That would be worth it because the equipment including an oven would cost almost that much and then I would have to do a lot of labor.
Apart from anything else, there's no way you could fit a wheel in a regular kitchen oven.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who said "regular"?

Reactions: CoopSky

·
Administrator
6,876 Posts
Who said "regular"?
We powder coat small parts in a toaster oven. If it fits you can do it, but you don't want to do it in an oven you plan to cook food in afterwards.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, my wife was really pissed after I cooked a crinkle instrument panel for my airplane, but a week later the smell was gone and she wasnt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts