Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
RG, Excellent write up!
One thing confuses me in the write-up. You never mentioned the door lock actuators. Presume you car did not have them? Also, did you determine the BCM signals to the Actuator to Lock and Unlock?
All Skys were shipped with power door locks and RKE. It is only the interior lock/unlock buttons that were missing from the early cars.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Make much more sense now!
I bought my early made Sky without interior door lock switches and with a single key and no fobs. Without my knowledge at the time, my Sky had a messed up BCM. It took some doing to figure out why other obvious things were not working, for example my brake lights and cruise control which was also related to the BCM. Because I had no means of working the power door locks, I did not know if I even had them. After much investigation and help from this forum, I concluded my Sky did had them. Replacing the BCM properly programmed during instllation, and new programmed fobs was the solution to many of my Sky's problems including working power door locks and the security system. But I wanted more. I wanted power door lock switches inside the car for ease of passenger and driver exit, hence my project to install them.

So my story fits perfectly with JohnWR's explanation that every Sky came with power door locks. It's just not obvious without the inside door switches and without working fobs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wow what great info. If I can find door panels and the proper harness, I'll do it. I think for now I'm going Velcro an extra key fob somewhere on the center console. I programmed three of them. One for my key chain. One for my wife's key chain. And the third one I'm going leave in the car just to unlock the doors. I like to leave the car running when putting the top up or down or stop or whatever.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts