Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Sky base with power windows and power mirrors came without fobs. How do I know if the car is equipped with power door locks? I cannot find an interior power door lock switch to operate.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
I believe that RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) was standard on all Skys. Look for AU0 in the RPO code list on the inside of your glovebox door.
Inside door lock switches were not added until later in the production run.

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
My 2007 Sky base with power windows and power mirrors came without fobs. How do I know if the car is equipped with power door locks? I cannot find an interior power door lock switch to operate.
This is indeed a trait of the early model 2007 Saturn Skys. You get use to it but all Skys came with power door looks. This is how your Key fob can unlock them. :D

What's the last five of your VIN? We can tell you when your car was built...

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
Your car was one of 66 Skys and 76 Solstices built on 26 April 2006, and was originally sold in Florida.
The build quantity excludes export cars, Opel GTs, and G2Xs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for helping me with all my questions. As for this one, I will assume I have power door locks that work exclusively with a key fob. Interesting that I own a 2007 built in April 2006. I scratch my head wondering why GM switched model years so early in the previous year resembling the RV industry.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
Thanks everyone for helping me with all my questions. As for this one, I will assume I have power door locks that work exclusively with a key fob. Interesting that I own a 2007 built in April 2006. I scratch my head wondering why GM switched model years so early in the previous year resembling the RV industry.
My '07 was built in February 2006, and the earliest that I know of was produced in December 2005.

The '07 Sky is an unusual case in that there are no '06s even though they produced alongside 2006 Solstices. The most reasonable explanation I have seen is that GM changed their powertrain warranty for the 2007 MY and wanted all of the Skys to fall under it. They never "switched" model years to 2007 since there was no 2006 MY.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts

I have so many questions coming in future threads. Sorry for flooding this forum with them.
That's what the forum is for, actually.

Something that may save you time (and future criticism from some) is to search the forum before asking your questions. There isn't a lot that you are going to want to know that hasn't already been posted. You should also join Solsticeforum.com, since our cars are mechanically equivalent and share just about everything that isn't body or interior related, and some things that are.

For parts I suggest a search on carparts.com. You won't find most of what you have asked about in a search, but you will find cars that are being parted out along with contact information for the wreckers. A call to them will get you a lot of what you need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what the forum is for, actually.

Something that may save you time (and future criticism from some) is to search the forum before asking your questions. There isn't a lot that you are going to want to know that hasn't already been posted. You should also join Solsticeforum.com, since our cars are mechanically equivalent and share just about everything that isn't body or interior related, and some things that are.

For parts I suggest a search on carparts.com. You won't find most of what you have asked about in a search, but you will find cars that are being parted out along with contact information for the wreckers. A call to them will get you a lot of what you need.
I know, I know. I should be searching past posts. But I love the live interaction, and also getting the latest solutions. And old posts can offer old sources that may be gone today.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
I know, I know. I should be searching past posts. But I love the live interaction, and also getting the latest solutions. Old posts offer old sources that may be gone today.
Ah, but you can have both. Find the solution then ask (when applicable) for any updated information. It satisfies everyone, gets you quicker answers, maintains live interaction, and generates additional comment when you post to a 10-year-old thread. Perfect!

Something else you can find is information about how to add a door lock control switch. The BCM has the input and programming available, so all you need it the proper switch, some wire, and a little time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Something else you can find is information about how to add a door lock control switch. The BCM has the input and programming available, so all you need it the proper switch, some wire, and a little time.
Interesting! I will keep that in-mind if I get irritated from not having the power lock switch. I did stumble upon a picture of where it is located, just forward of the power window switches.

Thank John!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts