Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just responding to Moni 6...and thier horrible dealership experience...what is the forum response on CIVIL e-mail or letter campaigns to bad dealerships and/or Saturn on behalf of wronged forum members......is this our place? The letters would have to be in a civil tone..business like..no flames etc. What is the Moderators response on this one as well as forum members....Do we go here?........I'm just very steamed...I think that dealerships behavior hurts Saturn...and inderectly all of us.......In the words of George Costanza (Seinfeld) (SHOUTING) "WE ARE LIVING IN A SOCIETY HERE!!!!"......

Chris and Diana.... Lol :thumbs:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Chris and Diana, I feel the same way. This behavior is NOT what Saturn was based on. One of the reasons I have bought Saturns is that I can trust that my dealer makes a fair profit and I get a fair price. Over the years, Saturn has had picnics and "reunions" for Saturn owners. With dealers screwing customers, those Saturn meets would turn into bitch sessions complete with a lynch mob.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I also agree with it would be nice if the forum would react.

But reality is the only action a crook understands is the spotlight of the media (he hinds for a day or two) or a big stick being carried by a lawyer.

Letters or emails expressing displeasure from me in Albany, New York ... to a dealer cross country have little impact. A guy like that will just smile as the next customer gives in and says 'ok' to his bait and switch.

Now GM could take action ... but will they. Short term quick profit vs. loyality and future customer base.
Always follow the money ... even up the food chart.
I am sure you will find many devils sitting at Board meetings. :jester:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It would be very dangerous to get involved in something like what you suggest! :nono: Without hearing both sides of a story you can't tell what the real truth to a story is! And it is probably somewhere in the middle.

Please review Brentils previous posts on the issue.

·
Registered
388 Posts
chris67 said:
I was just responding to Moni 6...and thier horrible dealership experience...what is the forum response on CIVIL e-mail or letter campaigns to bad dealerships and/or Saturn on behalf of wronged forum members......is this our place? The letters would have to be in a civil tone..business like..no flames etc. What is the Moderators response on this one as well as forum members....Do we go here?........I'm just very steamed...I think that dealerships behavior hurts Saturn...and inderectly all of us.......In the words of George Costanza (Seinfeld) (SHOUTING) "WE ARE LIVING IN A SOCIETY HERE!!!!"......

Chris and Diana.... Lol :thumbs:
Thanks for your support. Forum members are awesome! I think I'm going to start off with writing a letter to GM corp. and to our dealership. I don't know how far that will get me but it's a start. Maybe if enough customers from my dealership gave them bad customer service reviews they might change. It's ironic because the salesgirl said she normally makes $100 commision per car. With the dealer add ons she will make $600. That was her reasoning why the manager was doing that- to let the salespeople make more money. Because of their greediness and being deceitful I would never recommend them to anyone and I would never buy another car from them. Now they just lost me and other customers. In there attempt to make more money they are losing it in the long run.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
We do not promote the use of these forums to attack any particular entity (nothing ever stays civil). Therefore we would not permit these forums to be used as a method to send attacks via phone, email, mail to any dealer just because they treated someone wrong. My personally feeling about dealerships is that if you don't safeguard your investment yourself in writing and various other methods then you shouldn't be shopping there in the first place.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
moni6 said:
Thanks for your support. Forum members are awesome! I think I'm going to start off with writing a letter to GM corp. and to our dealership. I don't know how far that will get me but it's a start. Maybe if enough customers from my dealership gave them bad customer service reviews they might change. It's ironic because the salesgirl said she normally makes $100 commision per car. With the dealer add ons she will make $600. That was her reasoning why the manager was doing that- to let the salespeople make more money. Because of their greediness and being deceitful I would never recommend them to anyone and I would never buy another car from them. Now they just lost me and other customers. In there attempt to make more money they are losing it in the long run.
Saturn Sales reps are salaried.....

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
And what leads you to say that?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
snaponbob said:
And what leads you to say that?
At least in the begining they were -- may have changed. They originally did not work off commission...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
100% not true

·
Registered
203 Posts
brentil said:
We do not promote the use of these forums to attack any particular entity (nothing ever stays civil). Therefore we would not permit these forums to be used as a method to send attacks via phone, email, mail to any dealer just because they treated someone wrong. My personally feeling about dealerships is that if you don't safeguard your investment yourself in writing and various other methods then you shouldn't be shopping there in the first place.
Point well-taken. I am in the "buying process" but this will be my 4th Saturn from my dealership and if they pulled something like this I would just walk away. Saturn would lose as well as the dealership.

·
Registered
517 Posts
rick112 said:
It would be very dangerous to get involved in something like what you suggest! :nono: Without hearing both sides of a story you can't tell what the real truth to a story is! And it is probably somewhere in the middle.
Hit the nail on the head!

·
Registered
342 Posts
rick112 said:
I agree with your first part... it is wise to hear both sides of a story... but
I doubt your assertion that "it is probably somewhere in the middle"... and even if it WAS "somewhere in the middle" in this case, that would still be despicable and deserviing of GM and/or legal action against that dealer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Folks, even if you sit beside the dealership principle in Sunday School, GET IT IN WRITING AND SIGNED. Bottom Line, not every srtate honors verbal contracts and by teh time your car comes in the chances are better than 50-50 taht your alesperson will be elsewhere. It is the nature of the business. But you have to do it one bad deal at a time, this forum is not the avenue to coreect what you think went wrong. Only to advance advise on how you as an individual wronged consumer approach the resolution of the situation.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the feedback everybody!

Rick and Brentil are right!.... WE are here to help each other out....but not go bashing about...which could damage what is really a very good thing......THIS FORUM! And heck It sure has kept a lot of us reasonably sane during this process! ......I was just so mad this morning....If we all just gave a little more...it just makes life a little better each day!

Chris :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
unfortunately it take a few bad apples to upset the cart.... but, just do what you feel is right for your situation and govern yourself, that is about all you can do, besides learning from yours and others mistakes in life.... i agree with the... GET IT IN WRITING.. but, not always trustworthy angle. .. well, that is my 2 cents worth. When you are relying on emotions when you make a decision, it is usually not the right one. Have a calm , rational head when you interact with anyone in life. Some learn that the hard way, things are said or done before the entire truth is out, or it is mistaken by the way it is perceived. Try not to react... but be proactive. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
At least in the begining they were -- may have changed. They originally did not work off commission...
They still are salaried.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
agirltrucker said:
They still are salaried.
A salaried salesperson is going to sit on their butt. An automobile sales person does not work the hours they do just for the pleasure of doing what they do. I have asked Saturn sales people about their compensation packages, and it is not salary-only.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
forum, forum, forum.....

Please keep in mind, that there are several, and I mean, SEVERAL surveys that go out to the buyers following their purchase of a new car. If you don't know this, you will - FOR SURE. From JD Power to Saturn and the ones in between, your answers to those surveys (though long and time consuming) go a long way. I know this because my dad for a short period of time was a car salesman. That information you put on the survey heavily affects the dealerships and the manufacturer to the highest level. Any negative response that you put on there is truly addressed with the person, dealership, manufacturer you are noting. It's true. And those surveys are really important. The negative feedback gets back to whomever it reflects. So if you feel that you were wronged, but not wronged in a horrible way that would require additional force or legal action, I recommend you start there. And be honest. If your salesperson smelled or something, leave that out. When you say bad things about your sales person it affects their bonuses and income. So be sensitive to who you point the finger at so the wrong person doesn't get adversly affected.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just to clarify how Saturn salespeople are paid...

Every Saturn store is independantly owned - they have franchise agreements with Saturn corporation - but how they pay their salespeople is up to them.

There may be a few Saturn salespeople out there on salary, but the vast majority are on some type of commision plan. That plan may be based on profit, it may be based on number of vehicles sold, or some combination.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts