Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was updated 10/21/06. Posted by Small Dealer , I thought I would bring it over to give the Sky owners more info.

Small Dealer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFORMATIONAL POST. NO REPLIES IN THIS THREAD PLEASE. ANY QUESTIONS START A NEW THREAD. THANK YOU

Thought I would start a read only single location thread for open items that people are looking for updates on. If you want to make a motion to add an item, PM me, I will add it. Keeps it cleaner Do not intend this to be a thread where "updates" on service issues are posted, but will see what happens.

OPEN

POWER SEAT HEIGHT ADJUSTER UPDATED 10/21
We now have a date!

Quote:
Solstice Power Seat Height Adjuster ... (AF2) Driver 2-way power seat height adjuster is not currently available, but is being phased in for 2007MY. Initial production of AF2 as standard equipment is expected to begin on November 14, 2006.

Look for updates possible each Friday late in the day.

This feature doesn't have a RPO code so it can not be added or subtracted from an order in the system and will have no effect on an order beign "picked up". It is not like a constrained item.

New Information

Here is a notice that Saturn Retailers received September 20th about the Sky. Not sure if the "upgrade" information will apply to the Solstice but thought all should see. There is a more firm target date then the Pontiac message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Message
Seat Height Adjuster
We previously communicated that the Seat Height Adjuster would be introduced beginning with SKY units produced in September. This date is now forecasted to be November 1st. This feature will be standard equipment on all base and Red Line SKY vehicles.

Vehicles produced after June 26, 2006 can support the height adjustable seat and be retrofitted by replacing the driver seat. Vehicles built prior to that date do not have the necessary wiring harness necessary for the height adjustment.

Again, no more information then this. The interesting part will be to see how much is involved in "replacing the driver seat". Will it be just parts of the seat track or the whole seat frame?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Your question at the end is a good one. I was a bit disappointed that my SKY did not get that seat height adjuster standard. However, after driving it, I'm not sure I needed it now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm about 6'2" and can't see the gauges completely. They view gets cut-off at the top and it's hard to read how fast your going or when you should shift. I have only sat in the Sky at the dealer but it was enough to notice. Either the seat goes lower or the tilt steering goes higher. :thumbs:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had been so worried about the seat height (being only 5'4"), but I actually can see fine. It is a little skechy when backing up, but I'm not sure it is worth paying to have the seat replaced for that. Anyone have a guess as to what it will cost to swap seats?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had been so worried about the seat height (being only 5'4"), but I actually can see fine. It is a little skechy when backing up, but I'm not sure it is worth paying to have the seat replaced for that. Anyone have a guess as to what it will cost to swap seats?
I would only do it if I absolutly had too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
According to my dealer, our Sky is scheduled to be built 11/15... or there abouts. Sure would be nice to have the adjustable seat. My wife is ALMOST 5'.... I always kid her... if she was any shorter she'd have to cut holes in her underware for her arms.....:D ........ Ops. :banghead: she will probably see this.:eek:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
You might end up being the test car, Hotglue!

Oh....and you're wife is gonna be a bit miffed if she sees your post... :)

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I'm about 6'2" and can't see the gauges completely. They view gets cut-off at the top and it's hard to read how fast your going or when you should shift. I have only sat in the Sky at the dealer but it was enough to notice. Either the seat goes lower or the tilt steering goes higher. :thumbs:
I have the same problem and I totally agree with your post. Donno if it will ever satisfy "us big dudes", for my wife it don't matter, she don't read the gauges anyways:lol: Once in awhile she'll notice she's outa gas--:lol: Then she comes home and tells me, babes I need gas--But the cut off of fuel gauge & speedo, bothers me some, but I'm living with it. I donno if the auto seat will go any lower, if so, I will haveta look into retrofit, altho I would hate to spend that money on a seat that does not do what us "big guys" need--We'll see. I'll have to see one with the seat installed already to see if it helps--Also, looks like my Sky falls into the area that "my Sky has the power harness there--I hope--:thumbs: PS the shifting part doesn't not apply to me since i have an auto--:thumbs: BTW, saw a Sky unloaded today from transport truck, Midnight Blue, tan top and with blk/tan interior--It didn't have the auto seat--

·
Registered
388 Posts
Seat Adjuster

"Everything goes great with Caramel"

Silver graphite
5- speed
6 CD Monsoon
Spoiler
Red leather

...Another reason why this prolonged wait...is to my advantage....my order IS NOT...currently in the system......(On order awaiting the next dealer allocation)..........Since I'm 5'[email protected] pounds......The seat adjuster would be a nice addition.....(I've driven automatic trans equipped....BASE and REDLINE....cars...and would benefit from that new power option......

:deadhorse

·
Registered
491 Posts
I thought i would NEED the height adjuster, but after test driving it i had no problem seeing. I guess an extra inch or 2 would make it better, but not exactly a "must have", although since my RL hasnt been built yet, i will most likely have an adjuster, anyways.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Turn down- if redline doesnt have the seat height adjuster?

Got a call this morning from my dealer saying they have a redline that arrived in my color. My question is would you turn it down if it doesnt have the seat height adjuster? I am 6'0 and my wife is 5'8".
Does this give more leg room or is it something more for shorter people?
This is the first one they have received and I havent gotten a preliminary order yet so if it is close to what I will be ordering I would like to jump at it.
Thanks
Yamahauler

·
Registered
388 Posts
Take It

Got a call this morning from my dealer saying they have a redline that arrived in my color. My question is would you turn it down if it doesnt have the seat height adjuster? I am 6'0 and my wife is 5'8".
This is the first one they have received and I havent gotten a preliminary order yet so if it is close to what I will be ordering I would like to jump at it.
Thanks
Yamahauler
.."EVERYTHING GOES GREAT WITH CARAMEL"

MY ADVICE....TAKE IT...

:deadhorse

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks
Yamahauler

I agree with Caramel. I'm 6'1" and the seat height adjuster is useless. In fact, I wish the seat could sink more into the floor.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
5' 10" no adjustment needed.

Grab it

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Took It!

Went to the dealer to look at it and had all the options I was looking for.
Red outside, black leather inside, 5 speed manual with monsoon,satelite, spoiler, and chrome wheels.
Just for those who are interested it did have the seat height adjuster on it.
The vin is 1G8MG35X87Y118436 for those who can decipher the build date from that.
Yamahauler

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Went to the dealer to look at it and had all the options I was looking for.
Red outside, black leather inside, 5 speed manual with monsoon,satelite, spoiler, and chrome wheels.
Just for those who are interested it did have the seat height adjuster on it.
The vin is 1G8MG35X87Y118436 for those who can decipher the build date from that.
Yamahauler
To find your build date - Open the door ( i believe drivers side) and look at the sticker on the inner wall where it latches. Should say build date there as well as other info

·
Registered
422 Posts
.....Just for those who are interested it did have the seat height adjuster on it.
Yamahauler
Build date should be mid of Nov., end of week 45 or beginning of week 46-06.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer. Good news. Bad News.........The good news is that 2 R/L's just came in and both had the power seat height adjustment. The bad news neither one was mine :cryin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seat height adjuster

Just curious as to whether the seat height adjuster was an on again/ off again feature. I haven't been able to find any new posts or information if it was short lived. Bill

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I believe it was added half way through the 2007 production.

As far as I know, it has remained in place. I know that some people didn't even realize that they had it, as it is located in a strange place (under the drivers right leg).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts