Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to saturn of Fraynham MA. Power seat is a planned 2008 available option. No way to tell wether or not 2007 will get anything more than the manual crank. The later your car is in the build year the better the chance for the option.(my .02) The height adjustable seat was supposed to be getting installed starting after the factory comes back from break. Does anyone know if they've started installing them yet?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
According to saturn of Fraynham MA. Power seat is a planned 2008 available option. No way to tell wether or not 2007 will get anything more than the manual crank. The later your car is in the build year the better the chance for the option.(my .02) The height adjustable seat was supposed to be getting installed starting after the factory comes back from break. Does anyone know if they've started installing them yet?

It is planned intrim for 2007. Suppose to start being put in the beginning of September sometime. That was the last update.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is great that they plan to install them but I would love to hear that they are installing. Eliminating for those of us under 6 ft a concern.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
My wife is 5' even and she has no issues at all seeing out of the Solstice when she drives.

·
Registered
366 Posts
lol, I thought the people under 6 feet had the better view. With the top up if I sit upright, 30% of my view is of the inside of the soft top :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been in a soltice but at 5'7 I would have liked a little more height for better visability over the hood of the sky. The other difference might be that my other ride is a ram 2500 with alot of visibility. I adjusted to the the sky pretty quickly but better visibility means safer driving not just avoiding idiots on the road but things inthe road that could kick up and mess up the car. The more you see the more you can avoid

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I haven't been in a soltice but at 5'7 I would have liked a little more height for better visability over the hood of the sky. The other difference might be that my other ride is a ram 2500 with alot of visibility. I adjusted to the the sky pretty quickly but better visibility means safer driving not just avoiding idiots on the road but things inthe road that could kick up and mess up the car. The more you see the more you can avoid
:agree: :agree:

I was never able to drive our base Solstice but when I sat in the drivers seat to get the feel, it was pretty darn low. Would like it to be a little higher for better vision also.

·
Registered
230 Posts
5'2 and no problems

I am only 5'2 and was hoping that mine would be delivered with the height adjuster, but it wasn't. I don't have a problem seeing - really it feels like it was made for me! I think that I can see better than my husband who is 5'10 - maybe I am just used to being low in a car because of previous vehicles. I tend to keep my seat in more of a vertical position (not grandma clenching the steering wheel straight :D ) instead of tilting it back, so maybe I get a better view because of that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
:agree: :agree:

I was never able to drive our base Solstice but when I sat in the drivers seat to get the feel, it was pretty darn low. Would like it to be a little higher for better vision also.
For the smaller ones of us who are feeling to low in the seat it should be possible to put some shims between the seats bolting to raise it up an inch or so.
Could be different hight adjustment at the front and back side of the seat.
Maybe some longer bolts needed.

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Maybe as a dealer installed option they could pass out phone books to sit on @ only $199 each.

·
Registered
991 Posts
My wife is 5' 1' and did not like the low seat height in the SKY, so I hope my Redline has the adjuster (code 3400). You know, I hear it all the time about peoples height in relation to seat height. You can be 6' tall and have a shorter torsal then a 5' tall person, etc, etc. So height of person is important, but body porportion is more important. (Long legs or not)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
As I remember it form old posts, the power drivers seat was supposed to be in cars built after the summer shut down. I have yet to find the button in mine! :lol: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Maybe as a dealer installed option they could pass out phone books to sit on @ only $199 each.
In California the phone book option (RPO-PB1) would be a dealer add on but would be $1995.00. After all, consistancy IS important.

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
In California the phone book option (RPO-PB1) would be a dealer add on but would be $1995.00. After all, consistancy IS important.
But I'm sure it would be a much thicker phone book at least, and they might even throw in a Yellow Pages for that price.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
But I'm sure it would be a much thicker phone book at least, and they might even throw in a Yellow Pages for that price.
Like hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got from Santa Clarita and I saw what a California addendum sticker looks like. The only thing that they "throw" is a buyer in a ditch!:lol: :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the power drivers seat I've heard is going to be a paidfor option. the manual cranked seat is the one they are throwing in.(should of been there to begin with) I haven't had a car as my primary transport for almost 10 years. My wifes tribute on the weekends maybe but mostly trucks from pick-up to 30 ft strait. Large front windows looking down over the road. The front bumpers aren't visible of course but adding a couple inches for that little bit that you can't see is not a big deal. Can you see the front hood on your car? or put it this way how many feet are you blind in the front?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
the power drivers seat I've heard is going to be a paidfor option. the manual cranked seat is the one they are throwing in.(should of been there to begin with) I haven't had a car as my primary transport for almost 10 years. My wifes tribute on the weekends maybe but mostly trucks from pick-up to 30 ft strait. Large front windows looking down over the road. The front bumpers aren't visible of course but adding a couple inches for that little bit that you can't see is not a big deal. Can you see the front hood on your car? or put it this way how many feet are you blind in the front?
What many people (myself included) are experiencing is The Hood. The SKY has a very Vette style hood. It is flat in the center, flaired up at the wheels and long. At 5' 10" I do not have that much of a problem. However, there is really nothing to "see over" unless your eyes are 2 inches below the top of the dashboard. What people are not used to is seeing:
A) The length of the SKY hood, which -- by raising your seat really does not change, and
B) The two raised wheel wells.
This could be disconcerting to those whose eyes are an inch perhaps only three higher than the dash top. Again they are something below your eyes and really do not take away any forward view. Perhaps sitting high would make a person "feel" a bit more secure, but it really will not improve their forward view by much at all.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The power seat heightner is not an option. It will be standard equipment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts