Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should probably ask this on the other forum.. but anyways.

Has anyone heard of the insurance rates for the sol. I know some insurers go by model as well as driving record and was curious if anyone new if these car where expensive to insure.

If not the sol, sports cars, coupes so on so forth.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Well I am sure that there are a lot of variables, however, I did price insurance on the Sol and it came out to be about $500.00 more for the same coverage as my 2004 ION Quad Coupe. Which tells me that it will not be as expensive as I would of thought for a two seater.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Insurance

It will also depend on your age and gender. Risk equations say younger males cause more accidents than us older type. One nice reason to be an old f*rt. :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Since there are full VIN #'s floating around at the solstice forum you could always use one of those if you insruance angency requires one. However some insurance agencies don't require VIN #'s to do insurance quotes. Just call your agent and ask.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sky_vue said:
I should probably ask this on the other forum.. but anyways.

Has anyone heard of the insurance rates for the sol. I know some insurers go by model as well as driving record and was curious if anyone new if these car where expensive to insure.

If not the sol, sports cars, coupes so on so forth.
There is a thread about this subject on the Solstice forum. The amount varies greatly based on age/gender , location and insurance company. :cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just Got Off The Phone W/ Progressive And

My Rate On My New Solstice Is An Extra $800

Annually. This Will Be A Third Car So I Did Get A
Disc. I Am 57 And Have Not Been Caught Doing
Anything Wrong Lately.
They Tell Me That The Policy Allows Exact Replacement
If The Vehicle Is Totalled But I Want To See That In
Writing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does anyone think $1500 a year would be in the ballpark for a 25 year old? If not, a Daily Driver is looking better and better.....

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Does anyone think $1500 a year would be in the ballpark for a 25 year old? If not, a Daily Driver is looking better and better.....
Unfortunately inrsurance is greatly dynamic in nature.
  • How's your credit score?
  • Any incedents in the last 3 years?
  • Good driving history?
  • Number of cars on policy?
  • Other policies with the same company?
  • Married?
  • etc etc

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Old Farts get good response

My agent said.. "With your age and record.. you may not even notice it." In fact he said -- If I want -- keep the 97 Saturn as a "Bad Day" car he guarentees the SKY will be next to nothing to insure...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts