Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has indicated that he cannot make changes to my preliminary order which was assigned in late June. I have been contemplating a change from the 6 disc CD changer to the single disc changer. I am a little concerned about the reliability issues of the 6 disc changer and I am thinking the single disc changer would be more reliable, not to mention I would save about $300. I am also planning on using my Ipod most the time anyway.

The dealer has indicated he cannot make a change to my preliminary order, I am wondering if he is just saying this because he doesn't want to bother with a change or that he would be losing profit on the additional $300 of accessories. I was under the impression that until my order was matched to an allocation, changes could be made. For example if the allocation requires a modification because of a constraint issue, isn't this a change?

Therefore my question is - Can changes be made to a preliminary order number prior to it be assigned to an allocation? Any feedback from someone in the know would be appreciated.

Deposit on Base SKY 3-25-06 (#3)
Switched to Redline 4-27-06 (#1) MSRP
Preliminary Order No. KGBXXQ (6-23-06)
Silver Pearl
Red/Black Leather
Polished Wheels
Manual Tranny
6 Disc CD w/XM

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
FastFreddie said:
My dealer has indicated that he cannot make changes to my preliminary order which was assigned in late June. I have been contemplating a change from the 6 disc CD changer to the single disc changer. I am a little concerned about the reliability issues of the 6 disc changer and I am thinking the single disc changer would be more reliable, not to mention I would save about $300. I am also planning on using my Ipod most the time anyway.

The dealer has indicated he cannot make a change to my preliminary order, I am wondering if he is just saying this because he doesn't want to bother with a change or that he would be losing profit on the additional $300 of accessories. I was under the impression that until my order was matched to an allocation, changes could be made. For example if the allocation requires a modification because of a constraint issue, isn't this a change?

Therefore my question is - Can changes be made to a preliminary order number prior to it be assigned to an allocation? Any feedback from someone in the know would be appreciated.

Silver Pearl
Red/Black Leather
Polished Wheels
Manual Tranny
6 Disc CD w/XM
Usually yes, the order can be changed untill it is picked up by GM. Maybe your was picked up and your dealer isn't telling you. Just a thought. Have you gotten an event code recently ?? Ask your dealer for the event codes.

Some solstice people said they changed it up untill code 3000 but I really can't confirm if it's possible.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
FastFreddie said:

Silver Pearl
Red/Black Leather
Polished Wheels
Manual Tranny
6 Disc CD w/XM
My dealer mistakenly selected polished wheels for my pre-lim order. he was able to change it to the chrome i wanted while it was still a pre-lim order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts