Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those future Sky owners who ordered their cars before the 6/26/06 price increase, be sure that when you pick up the car that the old MSRP is listed (as opposed to the MSRP after the price increase); it took me a little bit to convince the dealer that I should pay the price as of the order date.

Also, for those in states where the sales tax varies by county, check the sales tax rate that is on the purchase docs; this can also save you a couple hundred if the dealer screws up.

Finally, as it has rained constantly in the 12 hours since I have owned the car (go figure), be careful on wet pavement, as the car is very light and quite quick and can fishtail out when going hard.

Once you get the car, it is really fun to drive, no wonder all the previous owners have been :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is the sales tax based on the county you buy in or the county you live in?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not an issue for me but my sales order form clearly stated that I was responsible for any price increase imposed by Saturn Corporate up to the delivery date. I guess you should read your agreement and cry foul to see if they charge you the increase or not?

·
Registered
145 Posts
sales tax is generally where you live (address where you register the car) not where you buy it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Very interesting..... we bought the VUE in january.... and the sales tax was in the county from which we bought.. and when the sky came in... they charged the tax rate for the county of which we live..... what is up with that? it did differ a bit..... SkyBaby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts