Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturn's home page when it shows the Sky claims an MSRP of 24,635.
The Sky pages still show the original price of 23,690.

Anyone else catch this?
Is there an appx 1k MSRP bump for the new build year?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
cerberus said:

Anyone else catch this?
Well it does say "NICELY EQUIPPTED at 24,635*" not "STARTING AT" like the other cars show, I'm not sure if this is why there is a price difference.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1994SC2 said:
Well it does say "NICELY EQUIPPTED at 24,635*" not "STARTING AT" like the other cars show, I'm not sure if this is why there is a price difference.
Yeah, part of why I asked. I checked up for a minute based on the "Nicely equipeed" part.
If I remember right, thought the Sol went up around 800 between years.
The full line on the page says "Nicely Equipped at 24,635. MSRP*",
which starts to sound like the base model at MSRP, nicely equipped.
Don't know.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I ordered my Sky in January. I'd better be getting my car at the origional MSRP.

·
Registered
255 Posts
rick112 said:
I ordered my Sky in January. I'd better be getting my car at the origional MSRP.
Rick - If anybody deserves to get their Sky soon as possible, you do. I'm not sure I could have the patience you have. Hope you get your's real soon.:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
Rick - If anybody deserves to get their Sky soon as possible, you do. I'm not sure I could have the patience you have. Hope you get your's real soon.:thumbs:
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. It will come. I almost gave up though. I also thought about canceling the order and then ordering a Redline for next spring. I'd have been able to get my boat this year.

But one of my reasons for getting the Sky besides the great looks is the price. I don't want to pay the extra few grand for the extra HP.

I have to say that now that I am a mod I sometimes have to watch what I say. I wouldn't want to set a bad example. HEHE... I'd have to edit myself or worse ban myself.:jester:

It sometimes is very frustrating. For those of you who have just joined the waiting list. Try to keep yourself busy with other things. Don't drive yourself or your dealer crazy. Remember that your dealer wants to sell you a car! As quickly as possible.!

·
Registered
304 Posts
cerberus said:

Anyone else catch this?
If you go to the build your own section, it still starts at 23,690.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. It will come. I almost gave up though. I also thought about canceling the order and then ordering a Redline for next spring. I'd have been able to get my boat this year.

QUOTE]
:cheers: I am gonna get So drunk when you get your car...:cheers: [You stay sober so you can go driving]
Besides we are namesakes....:cool:
Soon ----> rick112:driving:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't give up - it truly is worth the wait.

·
Registered
482 Posts
rick112 said:

But one of my reasons for getting the Sky besides the great looks is the price. I don't want to pay the extra few grand for the extra HP.

I have to say that now that I am a mod I sometimes have to watch what I say. I wouldn't want to set a bad example. HEHE... I'd have to edit myself or worse ban myself.:jester:

It sometimes is very frustrating. For those of you who have just joined the waiting list. Try to keep yourself busy with other things. Don't drive yourself or your dealer crazy. Remember that your dealer wants to sell you a car! As quickly as possible.!
Man Rick I couldn' live without my boat. I use it just about every weekend, 10 months a year. I have to wonder how much use you would get out of yours considering where you live. I have a hard time justifying the cost of up keep sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Manual vs Auto?

Current Sky Pricing and Specs page shows $23,690 for Manual and $24,540 for Automatic.

If only $800 more that could be to pay for things like the seat height adjuster and maybe a power door lock button and maybe for some retooling to fix a few of the small problems the first model year has seen.

If they increase it $1000 or $2000 - then the price of the Red Line would likely also increase and be more likely to push the RL into GTO/S2000 pricing territory.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Current Sky Pricing and Specs page shows $23,690 for Manual and $24,540 for Automatic.

If only $800 more that could be to pay for things like the seat height adjuster and maybe a power door lock button and maybe for some retooling to fix a few of the small problems the first model year has seen.

If they increase it $1000 or $2000 - then the price of the Red Line would likely also increase and be more likely to push the RL into GTO/S2000 pricing territory.
Well hell, if it goes to GTO territory I might as well get me a 2nd goat instead :banghead:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Well... I have a feeling I know what "Nicely Equipped" means... since that is the cost of my car which is on a transport and on it's way.

Base of 23,690
Add Premium Trim for 750
Add LSD for 195...
Voila... 24,635

·
Registered
432 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
Well... I have a feeling I know what "Nicely Equipped" means... since that is the cost of my car which is on a transport and on it's way.

Base of 23,690
Add Premium Trim for 750
Add LSD for 195...
Voila... 24,635
Folks, we have a winner!!!:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Our GM told us that the prices would go up for the next build year, but didn't say how much. This is also the same person that said it would be 3-4 months to get our car when we put our deposit down in March, and it took 3 months just to get an order #.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
moni6 said:
Our GM told us that the prices would go up for the next build year, but didn't say how much.
If I am thinking correctly... the next build year will start July 2007.

·
Registered
388 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
If I am thinking correctly... the next build year will start July 2007.
That would seem logically correct.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Saturn website still lists the old radio prices as well. It has dropped now to
less than $200 but the site still hasn't been updated.

I was told that the next production year prices will be going up but that as far as as they knew the upcharge hasn't been announced yet.

Skylar

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Skylar, the official factory web site, "SATURN.COM" is very slow to respond to almost everything. It feels like it's run by corporate attorneys. Good news is, the site will be completely overhauled shortly.

HORNET

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
2nd Goat

GMinTheDriveway said:
Well hell, if it goes to GTO territory I might as well get me a 2nd goat instead :banghead:
Before the Sky was announced I was considering a new GTO to put in the garage next to my 1964 GTO. And some day soon I hope to have some time and money to fix up the 64 and get it back on the road.

I have heard that the 2006 may be the last of the new GTO - but have also heard that there might be a ground up redesign for 2007.

Makes me think I should extend my current lease by 6 months and wait to see what happens early next year before I decide.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts