Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought this over from the Solstice forum about price increase. Will the Sky follow ?? I say probably yes.

8/28/06 Price Increase and Price Protection Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFORMATIONAL POST ABOUT PRICE INCREASE AND PRICE PROTECTION PROCEDURES. NO REPLIES ABOUT IF THE INCREASE WAS NEEDED PLEASE. JUST PROCEDURE QUESTIONS. THANK YOU

PRINT - CUT AND SAVE FOR DELIVERY TIME

Looks like Pontiac may be announcing a price increase later today, that includes the Solstice. It hasn't been announced as of yet, so I changed the wording in a Chevrolet announcement to get the thread started. Will come back later and change anything as needed.

I have put toghether this information. If it sounds familiar to some, it is because I took much of it from posts I made after the December 2005 price increase.

Quote:
Subject: 2007 Pontiac Interim Price Change Effective 8/28/2006

Pontiac will announce revised 2007 model year Suggested Retail prices effective with vehicles produced on or after August 28, 2006. The revised Suggested Retail prices will affect the Solstice, Vibe, G6, Grand Prix and Torrent. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GM Dealerworld under Sales &/Or F&I Tabs effective August 28, 2006.

All qualified bona fide sold retail orders entered in VOMS on or before August 27,2006 and delivered to the original customer after that date will be price protected. These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however, the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.

Here is some of the Price Protection Guidelines. When they use the term "Model Year" it is a clander reference not a production year reference. These types of programs run the duration of a "Model Year" on the calander, October 1st to September 30th. You will see this program expires September 30, 2006. Somtime before that point it should be replaced by program 07-20, which will be for the 2007 "model Year" and run October 1, 2006 to September 30, 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM 06-20-1 (edited by Small Dealer)

Program Number: 06-20-1
Program Name: CORPORATE PROGRAM 2006 MY GM PRICE PROTECTION PROGRAM

2. Program Description:

THIS IS A REVISION TO AND A REPLACEMENT OF PROGRAM NUMBER 06-20
(ADMIN MESSAGE NUMBER BAI20051519). SATURN DIVISION IS BEING ADDED
TO THESE GUIDELINES. CHANGES ARE INDICATED WITH A POUND (#) SIGN.
ALL OTHER GUIDELINES REMAINED UNCHANGED.

A PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT IS ISSUED TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS
AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING
THOSE ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE
DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH,
CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).

-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE
DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

3. Program time period:

# APRIL 17, 2006 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2006 (DELIVERED)

4. Eligible models/required options/order types and allowances:

ELIGIBLE MODELS:
REFER TO DIVISIONAL PRICE INCREASE NOTIFICATION.

5. Method of application/incentive code/ final date for submission of applications and resolution of rejects:

METHOD OF APPLICATION:

- AUTOMATIC VIA ORDER RECORD ('DLVY TO' INFORMATION MUST EXACTLY
MATCH THE 'ORDER BY' INFORMATION.)

- CUSTOMER NAME IS REQUIRED ON ALL SOLD ORDERS.

NOTE: IF CREDIT HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE
REPORTED VEHICLE DELIVERY DATE, CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT AT X-XXX-XXX-XXXX prompt X. AT THAT
TIME, THE DEALER BUSINESS CENTER WILL DETERMINE IF ADDITIONAL
INFORMATION IS REQUIRED. IF NECESSARY, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
WILL BE REQUESTED FOR VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY:

- COMPLETED ICR FORM REFERENCING INCENTIVE CODE 'PPT'

- SIGNED AND DATED COPY OF THE CUSTOMER PURCHASE ORDER
INCLUDING PRICES

- SIGNED AND DATED COPY OF THE CUSTOMER BILL OF SALE/LEASE
AGREEMENT

9. Other Program Guidelines:

A). PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND
DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE.

-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

B). OPEN ACCOUNT CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED AUTOMATICALLY BY DEALER
ACCOUNTING FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF A SOLD ORDER IF PROGRAM
PARAMETERS ARE MET, I.E., ELIGIBLE ORDER DATE/TYPE/MODEL/OPTION
CONTENT, ORDERING/DELIVERING NAME MATCH, ETC.

C). DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE ON ORDERS THAT ARE PRICE
PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE (FLEET WITH FVX/VQ, ETC.). ORDERS
ENTERED MORE THAN ONE CALENDAR DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE WILL GENERATE INVOICES AT AN INCREASED PRICE LEVEL. PRICE
PROTECTION, WHERE APPROPRIATE, CAN BE REQUESTED ON THESE ORDERS
ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS IN GUIDELINE 5.

E). IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT AT X-XXX-XXX-XXXX prompt X.

F). A DEALER SHOULD REQUEST A CHARGEBACK OF ANY MONEYS PAID AUTOMATICALLY
THAT ARE NOT DUE BY COMPLETING AN INCENTIVE INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
(ICR). THE VIN AND INCENTIVE CODE 'PPT' SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH AN
EXPLANATION OF THE SITUATION.

H). UNLESS A VEHICLE IS PRICE PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE, THE DIVISION
REQUIRES THAT THE VEHICLE BE DELIVERED PRIOR TO PAYMENT OF PRICE
PROTECTION.

I). PRICE PROTECTION MUST BE REFLECTED ON BILL OF SALE AND CUSTOMER
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM IS REQUIRED.

J). DEALERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF ALL PRICE
PROTECTION CREDITS.

K). DELIVERY DATA MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO PAYMENT.

Keep in mind that the procedures I have refered to are just for automatic price protection payment to the dealership (so they can pass it on to the buyer). Price protection can still be obtained in certain cases through an application process.

Based on the price protection guidelines, that have I been posting from, there are actually two types of price protection, "automatic" and "work hard at it".

Automatic has several requirements. The sold ordered must be taken before the price increase takes effect. The order must be placed in VOMS within a day of the price increase. It must be entered as a retail sold order with a buyers name and address. The car must be delivered as soon as possible. It must be delivered in the name and address of the buyer as listed on the order in VOMS. If all these take place then the dealership will automatically received credit for the increase in price from GM/Pontiac.

Work hard at it would be any situation that dosen't meet all the requirements for automatic. Because it is applied for manually, it requires more paperwork and it has to be completed correctly. There must be a buyers agreement with prices executed before the price increase date. The car must be delivered/sold at the old price. The buyers agreement/incentive acknowledgment must list the price protection. All that is submitted along with a special form to GM for consideration.

Now last year some site members ran into this situation with price protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Dealer
I have thought of a situation where a dealership may believe that a otherwise qualified buyer should not get the benefit of price protection. If the sales agreement is for "MSRP" or "Sticker" but not a dollar amount. The dealership could feel that they are deserving of the new higher "MSRP" or "Sticker" price, since a dollar value was not promised.

In this case if ordered properly, the dealership will be receiving reinbursement for the price increase. So in effect they will be getting more then that said they would be willing to take for the sale.

Anyone in this situation should just tell the dealership that they know they are receiving the money and that it should be passed to you in the form of the lower older MSRP.

To make sure that you are price protected you will need at minimum:
1) A signed Purchase Agreement dated bfore the price increase and listing the old price.
2) The car delivered at the old price.
3) Signed Bill-of-Sale showing delivery at the old price.
4) Signed Incentive Acknowledgement form listing Price Protect as being recieved.
5) Signed Odometer Statement for the date of delivery.

It would help if there was Autobook print outs with the order information and pricing, dated before the increase. If the order was correctly in VOMS or Dealer Workbench as a Retail Sold order before the increase. If the car is delivered to the same name and address that it was ordered in.

INFORMATIONAL POST ABOUT PRICE INCREASE AND PRICE PROTECTION PROCEDURES. NO REPLIES ABOUT IF THE INCREASE WAS NEEDED PLEASE. JUST PROCEDURE QUESTIONS. THANK YOU

·
Registered
804 Posts
Seeing that they already raised the price by $500....

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've been told the R/L pricing went up $1000 MSRP from $27,895 to $28,895. Not sure on the base model.
That kills me! How can they mark the RL up $1000 when they have customers who are on waiting lists based on the original value. Like me, I have been waiting more then a year for this car on a list. This is NOT building my trust and NOT making me want to buy again from GM. At this rate, there is a sale over at the Honda dealer and he has two gorgeous silver 2006 S2000s. I think I may walk over for a test drive.......:mad: :brentil:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That kills me! How can they mark the RL up $1000 when they have customers who are on waiting lists based on the original value. Like me, I have been waiting more then a year for this car on a list. This is NOT building my trust and NOT making me want to buy again from GM. At this rate, there is a sale over at the Honda dealer and he has two gorgeous silver 2006 S2000s. I think I may walk over for a test drive.......:mad: :brentil:
Don't blame GM blame your dealership for not putting in a preliminary order !

·
Registered
366 Posts
I imagine they've realized the demand for the vehicle and will put some of the increase into ramped up production. Which as someone waiting for one is both nice and sad at the same time (don't want to have a car that's as common as a ford taurus was back in the day).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I imagine they've realized the demand for the vehicle and will put some of the increase into ramped up production. Which as someone waiting for one is both nice and sad at the same time (don't want to have a car that's as common as a ford taurus was back in the day).
I don't believe you will EVER have to worry about that happening.

·
Registered
366 Posts
All depends on where you live but I could see it happen. I guess the saving grace is that it will never work as a car for single car homes.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Confirmed!!

I was able to confirm the Saturn Sky RL price increase from the online assistant. See the email below::mad:

Hello,

I was able to confirm the price increase. I apologize as we not notified
sooner. It looks to be an increase on all vehicles across the line-up. I
wish I had better news as I know this means you will probably not be
purchasing. I appreciate you interest and perhaps there is something
that you can arrange with your location.

Take Care,

XXXXXXXX
Saturn Online Assistant

·
Registered
366 Posts
Except that I doubt this is really going to affect many people's decision to purchase. Which is what saturn is banking on. Also, if one person decides not to as a result, there are 12 other people in line that will be happy to take it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Has anyone noticed the Saturn website has not been updated with the new pricing yet? I have my dealer checking on my status right now, but knowing my luck, they probably have not actually entered my order yet. :banghead: I will be sure that they do now. I do have to agree though, it is bad practice to have a price increase before you even make the product available. :nono: This will be me for next few months (or year) waiting on my Redline. :willy:

Right know I am #3 for Redline right behind BLUERIDGE SKY. I got to meet Mr and Mrs BLUERIDGE SKY one day at the dealership, great couple by the way and they have their Redline in price protected I believe. We are both hoping #1 drops off the list so we can move up. :jester: I spoke with the dealer yesterday, and he 8 Skys on order and has delivered three so far this year. This would lead me to believe he is considered a smaller dealer an allotments may be slow coming, we will have to wait and see. :cheers:

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dealer just called me back. When they entered my specs early this morning, the dealer system kicked back a price before the increase.:D They are telling me they are "99 percent sure they will be able to hold the price". That one percent chance still scares me, but hey at least I know they will try to work with me.

BTW, on the Saturn website under pricing and specs the new price is shown. Under build your own, it is still the old pricing.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My dealer just called me back. When they entered my specs early this morning, the dealer system kicked back a price before the increase.:D They are telling me they are "99 percent sure they will be able to hold the price". That one percent chance still scares me, but hey at least I know they will try to work with me.

BTW, on the Saturn website under pricing and specs the new price is shown. Under build your own, it is still the old pricing.

I know it's been said that you have 1 day to put the order in. I don't know how reliable this info is but from someone who usually know what they are talking about.

Well I pulled it from the guidelines I posted from Small Dealer.

9. Other Program Guidelines:

A). PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND
DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE.

-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm safe

Checked with the dealership...I'm down to no. 4 on the list and price protected. My husband and I talked about this months ago - it's simply supply and demand; plus this car is a steal at the price with the upgraded materials; it was only a matter of time before they raised the price. A low end beamer has vinyl seats and it's $10,000 more! Upside it's getting closer; downside I'll get my cool new covertible sometime in November; and it will be cool if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Except that I doubt this is really going to affect many people's decision to purchase. Which is what saturn is banking on. Also, if one person decides not to as a result, there are 12 other people in line that will be happy to take it.
Yeah, but thats not how you build a loyal customer base. Take for instance: I have NEVER purchased an american car before, I have been waiting on a Sky RL for over a year now, I had seen the Aura and thought: you know, Saturn is so good to me, I think the wife might need an Aura. Now that Saturn has decided to jerk me around. I'm sticking with Hondas. I woudl have been a crossover. I would have been a return customer, more then likely for many vehicles. But instead, they have lost 2+ purchases for an additional $1500.00. Seems pretty stupid. I guess I shouldn't have put so much stock in them. I have gotten the same bad treatment from import dealers for years. The difference is, the imports are reliable, and usually are on the lots. I think I will stick with reliable, this greed thing from dealers has put a bad taste in my mouth. They really need to re-work the way dealers work, so that the salesman, who often times turnover in a year, are motivated to build a loyal customer base. This would help their bottom line be more predictable. Anyway, enough rambling, there's a sale at honda and they have a silver 2006 S2000....:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts