Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have your car on order and it come's in at the higher price, don't forget GM price protects their car's. ( All that I know of anyway ) but I think your Sky would of already had to of been picked up. You still get the lower price even though it comes in with the new higher price.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Could you please explain that policy? I do not know about it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
People who ordered their car at the old price, the order was picked up and put into the system but when the car comes it will most likely have the new pricing with the 505.00 increase. The old price is price protected. If you want to go into detail please see a post I copied from Small Dealer on the Solstice forum. If you want more info go to the Solstice forum and do a search for Price protection. Alot of info on quite a few post.

I say this because alot dealer's will try to get the increase from you.

Generic Price Protection Program Templete

Quote:
1. PROGRAM NUMBER/NAME/TEMPLATE TYPE:
CORPORATE PROGRAM NUMBER: 06-20
CORPORATE PROGRAM NAME: 2006 MODEL YEAR GM PRICE PROTECTION
PROGRAM

2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS AND LIGHT
DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING THOSE
ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:
-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE
DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH,
CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).
-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE
DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.
-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So if I'm still sitting on code 3000 :brentil: We will have to pay the increase :banghead:
I guess if they add the seat adjustment that won't be that bad :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OLDMX4 said:
So if I'm still sitting on code 3000 :brentil: We will have to pay the increase :banghead:
I guess if they add the seat adjustment that won't be that bad :confused:

No ,your car will be price protected at the old price. But they will probably try to get the increase from you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
deluke said:
No ,your car will be price protected at the old price. But they will probably try to get the increase from you.
It's really sad that some dealers work this way. Our dealer sent us e-mail the day the price went up, and assured us that we 'were' price protected. We didn't even have to ask.

·
Registered
127 Posts
deluke said:
Please - no need to shamelessly bash all dealers. Either your order was price protected because your dealer was on the ball or it wasn't because your dealer dropped the ball.

The dealer doesn't get the price increase, Saturn does. Its not a 50/50 split its a 100/0 split with the 100 going to the manufacturer. Its in the dealer's best interest to price protect your order so you have $500 additional dollars to spend on upgrades, service plans, or accessories which represent profit to the dealer.

Now - there could be a highly unethical Saturn dealer out there - I just don't know of any who would try what you're suggesting.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSC_Summit said:
Please - no need to shamelessly bash all dealers. Either your order was price protected because your dealer was on the ball or it wasn't because your dealer dropped the ball.

The dealer doesn't get the price increase, Saturn does. Its not a 50/50 split its a 100/0 split with the 100 going to the manufacturer. Its in the dealer's best interest to price protect your order so you have $500 additional dollars to spend on upgrades, service plans, or accessories which represent profit to the dealer.

Now - there could be a highly unethical Saturn dealer out there - I just don't know of any who would try what you're suggesting.
Who's bashing all dealers ?? But most dealer's a usless when it comes to the Solstice or Sky. If nyou want to see bashing, let me know I'll shou you some.

·
Registered
127 Posts
deluke said:
Who's bashing all dealers ?? But most dealer's a usless when it comes to the Solstice or Sky. If nyou want to see bashing, let me know I'll shou you some.
You are bashing all dealers by implying that dealers are going to try and cheat you out of $500.

I'm glad you feel dealers are useless. Oh wait - they're the ones placing and tracking the order for you. Unless you know how to place an order from Saturn directly I guess they're not exactly useless. Also - should you have any warranty issues I guess you can take your vehicle directly to the plant because again, dealers are useless.

Alright - I'm feeling a bit fiesty - go ahead and start bashing. I want to see what you got.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SSC_Summit said:
You are bashing all dealers by implying that dealers are going to try and cheat you out of $500.

I'm glad you feel dealers are useless. Oh wait - they're the ones placing and tracking the order for you. Unless you know how to place an order from Saturn directly I guess they're not exactly useless. Also - should you have any warranty issues I guess you can take your vehicle directly to the plant because again, dealers are useless.

Alright - I'm feeling a bit fiesty - go ahead and start bashing. I want to see what you got.
No I'm not bashing all dealer's !! And, most dealer's are useless, yes, when it comes to the Solstice and Sky ! There are plenty of people who will agree to this on this forum and maybe even some saturn dealer's at that. The customer's know more then most dealer's do.

And if you don't call that useless then there is something wrong with you ! After going back and reading some of your post you must be a salesman, so that explains alot of your BS.

Your not being fiesty, your being foolish and trying to start trouble, but I'm done with you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well - I guess we have it then - the truth. I am a dealer and therefore I am full of B.S.

At least I know where you stand - I wasn't sure before. Dealers are useless because you know more than them about the SKY.

Fortunately, you are done with me. In the end, like most arguments on the internet - it comes down to your own personal definitions. I think I have a few of yours correctly.

Useless - knowing less than someone else

Dealer - full of BS and will try to cheat you

Have a wonderful day!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SSC_Summit said:
Well - I guess we have it then - the truth. I am a dealer and therefore I am full of B.S.

At least I know where you stand - I wasn't sure before. Dealers are useless because you know more than them about the SKY.

Fortunately, you are done with me. In the end, like most arguments on the internet - it comes down to your own personal definitions. I think I have a few of yours correctly.

Useless - knowing less than someone else

Dealer - full of BS and will try to cheat you

Have a wonderful day!:thumbs:
:nopity: :nopity: :nopity:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
deluke said:
But most dealer's a usless when it comes to the Solstice or Sky. If nyou want to see bashing, let me know I'll shou you some.
I, for one, feel that a dealer was indespensible in the process of getting me my SKY. Far from being useless, a dealer was the only avenue that I knew to obtain the car that I wanted. The truth of the matter is that dealers need consumers and consumers need dealers. The best for all parties is when the relationship between a dealer and a consumer is one based on mutual courtesy and respect.

Before you go blasting "most" dealers, perhaps you should examine in turn the amount of courtesy and respect that you are showing to them. Your posts here display extreme arrogance and a complete lack of compassion towards dealers making you appear to be the consumer side equivalent of all that you loathe in dealers.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
jdigiant said:
I, for one, feel that a dealer was indespensible in the process of getting me my SKY. Far from being useless, a dealer was the only avenue that I knew to obtain the car that I wanted. The truth of the matter is that dealers need consumers and consumers need dealers. The best for all parties is when the relationship between a dealer and a consumer is one based on mutual courtesy and respect.

Before you go blasting "most" dealers, perhaps you should examine in turn the amount of courtesy and respect that you are showing to them. Your posts here display extreme arrogance and a complete lack of compassion towards dealers making you appear to be the consumer side equivalent of all that you loathe in dealers.
:nopity: :nopity:

If you reread my post you will see I'm not blasting ALL dealer's. When you read about all these add on's I guess it the good dealer's that are making you get something you don't want. Right ?? And I suppose these good dealer's work for Good Dealership's. There are a lot of good dealer's out there I've said it a hundred times, they aren't all bad but there are plenty around. When you go into a dealership you expect the dealer to know more about a car you want to buy not the customer know more then the dealer. Or don't you ??? I know I do ! Point taken I hope.

These Salesmen selling the Sky should go on the internet and find out everything there is to know about the the sky. They should go into forums to find out about the car. My relation with my dealer is great he would ask me if there is anyting new that I heard. He calls me all the time to update me. But how many dealer's have you heard of that call the people that have ordered a Sky at least once a week to keep them updated on their order.

Yes, you need a dealer to put in the order, but that doesn't make him a good dealer. And if you think that does make him a good dealer, you have alot to learn.

And you have a handful of dealer's here on the forum .They are great trying to give info as soon as they can. Like Sky Spy, everyone would be lost with out them. But there are alot of bad with the good.

And I don't mean to tick people off, but at least I call a spade a spade.

And I like how a simple little statement like the "dealership's trying to get the increase price out of you "turned in a thread about me blasting dealer's, how some of you trouble makers read thing's in the wrong way is beyond me.

And most dealer's are useless when it comes to answering question's about the Sky and Solstice.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you all don't mind me interjecting for a moment... (and even if you do mind, since I am a mod)...

What I feel Deluke was saying is that there are a lot dealers and/or salespersons who are not well informed about many of the particulars of the products they are selling. Like it or not, this is true. Salespeople are just that, salespeople. They are skilled in selling automobiles to potential customers and closing the deal. However, most customers are not as demanding of the kind of product knowledge and details that big enthusiasts (such as those that gravitate to internet forums) generally demand. Many may not even know where to find certain information on an individual basis. Why? They generally do not, or never have really needed the info to close the deal.

I have to tend to agree with that. Most dealers I have been to do not have a lot of people on the floor with a lot of detailed, intimate knowledge of every vehicle there. They know the basics, the stuff to get Joe Customer into a Queen Size Family Truckster. It just is what it is... Doesn't mean all dealers are not all that helpful? No. Also, does it mean they are all extremely helpful and knowledgeable? Again, no.

However, what I really, REALLY cannot understand is why everyone is degenerating this thread into a flame war, which is the real reason I posted. People are making this issue personal, and there is no need for it. It is also against the rules. Just discuss the facts please. We can all respectfully disagree with each other without throwing around barbs and attacks, or going out of our way to get under people's skin and cause trouble. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yeah...what he said.... :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
deluke said:
:nopity: :nopity:

If you reread my post you will see I'm not blasting ALL dealer's..
Deluke, actually from what I have seen, anytime someone posts some info they go from the dealer you bash both them and the dealer. So while you occasionally say from time to time some dealers, as I have read your posts you bash all dealers, and even bash individual dealers without knowing anything about them. Example: You bashed my dealer without knowing him and you have SSC_Summit without knowing him. I have dealt with him and met him personally, bought my step daughters car from him and can tell you he is a stand-up guy and has answered any question I asked honestly.

You have a lot of good information, and posting warnings about what dealers may do is good. But your posts are too generalized, arrogant and inflamatory. If you could tone that down people would react less.

If you disagree with me that is fine. But if you keep posting the same way, then you should keep expecting people to react the same way.

'Insanity is doing the samething expecting different results.'
Ben Franklin

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
If you people call these to remark's bashing then I think that is strange. This is how it started.

People who ordered their car at the old price, the order was picked up and put into the system but when the car comes it will most likely have the new pricing with the 505.00 increase. The old price is price protected. If you want to go into detail please see a post I copied from Small Dealer on the Solstice forum. If you want more info go to the Solstice forum and do a search for Price protection. Alot of info on quite a few post.

I say this because alot dealer's will try to get the increase from you.
I made these remark's because some people were getting over charged when they increase the price on the Solstice.

This isn't bashing from where I can see. But then SSC started. Why I don't have any idea. And the more I explained the more Some of you people took it the wrong way.

At least FFoemula88 and Skytime knew what I was trying to say.

·
Registered
746 Posts
deluke said:
No I'm not bashing all dealer's !! And, most dealer's are useless, yes, when it comes to the Solstice and Sky ! There are plenty of people who will agree to this on this forum and maybe even some saturn dealer's at that. The customer's know more then most dealer's do.

And if you don't call that useless then there is something wrong with you ! After going back and reading some of your post you must be a salesman, so that explains alot of your BS.

Your not being fiesty, your being foolish and trying to start trouble, but I'm done with you.
Boy thats the truth. Getting anything from my dealer has been impossible. When I wanted to order the Redline they said they didn't know everything yet. Having been on the forum I was able to print out the dealerworld book that listed all of the options. Only then did they put my order into workbench. When we knew pricing on Friday my dealer had no clue. I told them it was on Saturn.com and where to find it. They could not give me an offical quote until yesterday. I have been assigned 3 different sales people since early April and none of them have known what I knoe before I tell them. This site is great but salesman and delaers who want to know about their products should be monitoring sites like these.

My Rant
Blue

·
Registered
421 Posts
Fascinating thread. And I've read and learned a lot over the last couple weeks. How to order, what to pay, how long the expected wait, who the people are that are buying (and waiting) for Sky's...

Point is, Saturn has what I call a moment of truth. Possibly for the first time since Saturn first launched as a "different king of American Car Brand," it has something really special. Not just different, but Special (read hot).

Saturn, and their dealer network had time to prepare. Time to teach their salesforce about the product, how to handle requests (with limited information).

I found one dealership that was prepared, one salesperson who was informed, and in one phone call (less than five minutes) I ordered an RL. Boy would I like to take an order like that in my business!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts