Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members, this may take some time. My friend placed an order in April and received his SKY the first week of Sept. Of course the car comes in with the additional $505.00. He writes a letter to Julie with all documentation. He receives a call back from Saturn Corp. that Price Protection does not apply and no money is due. They were polite but no cigar. Just passing this info on...so whatever info u have on Price Protection...it is up to the individual dealership and their integrity.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Is the wearing of an bandanna required in white collar stick-ups?

:confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Members, this may take some time. My friend placed an order in April and received his SKY the first week of Sept. Of course the car comes in with the additional $505.00. He writes a letter to Julie with all documentation. He receives a call back from Saturn Corp. that Price Protection does not apply and no money is due. They were polite but no cigar. Just passing this info on...so whatever info u have on Price Protection...it is up to the individual dealership and their integrity.
No, it's GM's policy not the Dealerships. So your freind got a line of BS or explained everything wrong in the letter to Jill and didn't have all the info needed. But there are RULES GUIDLINES that have to be followed by the dealer. For those who didn't see GM newest guildlines Sky Spy just posted them. It is not the dealerships integreity or the dealerships that decide !!

You can't just write Saturn and say I paid 500.00 more for my car.:eek: :eek:

If your friend has all the documentation that is needed in the guidlenes he should contact GM corporate.

Here it is:

NEW Price Protection Message!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was release to all Retailers as of yesterday announcing the Price Protection for the next year starting on Oct 1st, 2006 to Oct 1st, 2007.

I have edited things that are not "need-to-know."

Quote:
1. PROGRAM NUMBER/NAME/TEMPLATE TYPE:
CORPORATE PROGRAM NUMBER: ******
CORPORATE PROGRAM NAME: 2007 MODEL YEAR GM PRICE PROTECTION
PROGRAM

2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
A PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT IS ISSUED TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING THOSE ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH, CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).

-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

3. PROGRAM TIME PERIOD (DELIVERED):
OCTOBER 1, 2006 THROUGH OCTOBER 1, 2007

4. ELIGIBLE MODELS:
REFER TO DIVISIONAL PRICE INCREASE NOTIFICATION.

NOTE: PRICE PROTECTION IS PAID AUTOMATICALLY AT DELIVERY TIME.

9. OTHER PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
A. PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:
-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE IINCREASE.
-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

I. PRICE PROTECTION MUST BE REFLECTED ON BILL OF SALE AND CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM IS REQUIRED.

10. GENERAL POLICY GUIDELINES:

B. GM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, AMEND, REVISE OR REVOKE ANY PROGRAM AT ANY TIME BASED ON ITS SOLE BUSINESS JUDGMENT. FINAL DECISIONS IN ALL MATTERS RELATIVE TO THE INTERPRETATION OF ANY RULE OR PHASE OF THIS ACTIVITY REST SOLELY WITH GM.

Hope that helps out some!!!

Regards,

BA
SKY RedLine (#4)
Deposit - 4/11/06
Ordered - 5/27/06
Order # KFDHH7
Code - 2051 (Order Changed) 6/13
Silver Graphite w/ Red Leather
Manual Tranny
Chrome Wheels
1CD Monsoon
XM Radio
Spoiler

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He wrote the letter correctly and included all the documentation...he also stated that Corporate also called the general manager of sales of this dealership...it was a "no go".

You would love to believe what u r saying is true but it is now a thing of the past....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
He wrote the letter correctly and included all the documentation...he also stated that Corporate also called the general manager of sales of this dealership...it was a "no go".

You would love to believe what u r saying is true but it is now a thing of the past....
I don't know but I would say he doesn't have all the info that was needed. But would have to see the email to say for sure. But I'm 95% sure. It is not up to the deaaler . It is up to General Motors !!

I might be wrong but untill I see all the info I would say that is not the case. First the Dealer request it if you notice in the Rules. Which wasn't the case. Did you or he read all the Rules ???

·
Registered
98 Posts
No, it's GM's policy not the Dealerships. So your freind got a line of BS or explained everything wrong in the letter to Jill and didn't have all the info needed. But there are RULES GUIDLINES that have to be followed by the dealer. For those who didn't see GM newest guildlines Sky Spy just posted them. It is not the dealerships integreity or the dealerships that decide !!

You can't just write Saturn and say I paid 500.00 more for my car.:eek: :eek:

If your friend has all the documentation that is needed in the guidlenes he should contact GM corporate.

Here it is:

NEW Price Protection Message!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was release to all Retailers as of yesterday announcing the Price Protection for the next year starting on Oct 1st, 2006 to Oct 1st, 2007.

I have edited things that are not "need-to-know."

Quote:
1. PROGRAM NUMBER/NAME/TEMPLATE TYPE:
CORPORATE PROGRAM NUMBER: ******
CORPORATE PROGRAM NAME: 2007 MODEL YEAR GM PRICE PROTECTION
PROGRAM

2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
A PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT IS ISSUED TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING THOSE ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH, CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).

-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

3. PROGRAM TIME PERIOD (DELIVERED):
OCTOBER 1, 2006 THROUGH OCTOBER 1, 2007

4. ELIGIBLE MODELS:
REFER TO DIVISIONAL PRICE INCREASE NOTIFICATION.

NOTE: PRICE PROTECTION IS PAID AUTOMATICALLY AT DELIVERY TIME.

9. OTHER PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
A. PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:
-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE IINCREASE.
-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

I. PRICE PROTECTION MUST BE REFLECTED ON BILL OF SALE AND CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM IS REQUIRED.

10. GENERAL POLICY GUIDELINES:

B. GM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, AMEND, REVISE OR REVOKE ANY PROGRAM AT ANY TIME BASED ON ITS SOLE BUSINESS JUDGMENT. FINAL DECISIONS IN ALL MATTERS RELATIVE TO THE INTERPRETATION OF ANY RULE OR PHASE OF THIS ACTIVITY REST SOLELY WITH GM.

Hope that helps out some!!!

Regards,

BA
SKY RedLine (#4)
Deposit - 4/11/06
Ordered - 5/27/06
Order # KFDHH7
Code - 2051 (Order Changed) 6/13
Silver Graphite w/ Red Leather
Manual Tranny
Chrome Wheels
1CD Monsoon
XM Radio
Spoiler
The 505.00 is for the redline embroidering on the seat. Saturn did not know how much they were going to charge for that at the time. They were price protected.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Deluke, you know my story ... but as I read all these threads I must admit I get turned around but need and want to understand.

When a customer gives a deposit to a dealer and gets only a copy of the "Vehicle Purchase Agreement" and a "Cash Receipt", it is my understanding there is no price protection until the dealer actually submits it to GM and receives an GM order number.

Correct?

And if so, is it GM or the dealership that made that puchase order placement policy?

Some of us in this waiting room maybe upset with the wrong policy maker.

Not knowing the process or who set it up it ... creates worse problems and bad vibes .... appreciate your insight.
:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Originally Posted by GetAboutRL
When a customer gives a deposit to a dealer and gets only a copy of the "Vehicle Purchase Agreement" and a "Cash Receipt", it is my understanding there is no price protection until the dealer actually submits it to GM and receives an GM order number.

Correct?

And if so, is it GM or the dealership that made that puchase order placement policy?

In laymen's terms you must have an ORDER Number Assigned to your name dated BEFORE the priced changed... This will be a Price Protected Order.

Originally Posted by marlboromike

I don't understand how this could be the case... There is a very simple process for the Retailer to provide the Customer with Price Protection and it does NOT cost the Retailer ANYTHING!!!

I would Try to speak with the Regional Manager about this or just call the Saturn Customer Care Line and do not stop calling until you get to speak with a Supervisor or a Manager who will actually care for this. I have seen instances where GM has sent the elegible customer a Refund after the fact when the Retailer didn't Price Protect them... :rolleyes:

Regards,

BA...

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Old news, I got hit with the $505 hit when I picked up my Sky in August--But in my case it was not an original order, I picked up on a cancelled buyer--Heres the thread--http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7290

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Old news, I got hit with the $505 hit when I picked up my Sky in August--But in my case it was not an original order, I picked up on a cancelled buyer--Heres the thread--http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7290
From the quote above refferencing my original post...

That's why!!! :banghead:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Deluke, you know my story ... but as I read all these threads I must admit I get turned around but need and want to understand.

Correct?

Not knowing the process or who set it up it ... creates worse problems and bad vibes .... appreciate your insight.
:thumbs:
====================================================

Sky Spy ... or ... Deluke ... heck anybody ....
Please reread my questions above ... is it GM, the Regional Sales Manager or the dealer who decides which sales submission policy to follow?
There does not appear to be a uniform nationwide policy from what I have read on this forum. This certainly is not a good policy if true and most unfair to those who are victimized in what appears to be a white collar crime by some dealers.
Many on this forum with a long standing deposited order .. and yet ... no price protection, take it or leave it opition add on's, no communications, base cost increase is not an option to customer. Folks who are picking up their cars are telling us they had to pay up or walk away. Walk away and get in the end of a long waiting line at another dealers is an option, but does nothing to discourage that dealer from just sticking it to the next customer.

And trying to get a "who's who" GM vip list with phone/email address to see if the dealer is following GM policy ... or is violating it .... is like impossible.
So, Who decides ?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
since I wrote this late lastnight it got lost ..this is a bump.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
In laymen's terms you must have any ORDER Number Assigned to your name dated BEFORE the priced changed... This will be a Price Protected Order.

I don't understand how this could be the case... There is a very simple process for the Retailer to provide the Customer with Price Protection and it does NOT cost the Retailer ANYTHING!!!

I would Try to speak with the Regional Manager about this or just call the Saturn Customer Care Line and do not stop calling until you get to speak with a Supervisor or a Manager who will actually care for this. I have seen instances where GM has sent the elegible customer a Refund after the fact when the Retailer didn't Price Protect them... :rolleyes:

Regards,

BA...

Sky spy I have a question. In the old policy you were still price protected if you had the deposit and all the correct forms signed prior to the increase. Dis they do away with this ??? I know the dealer had more work and forms to fill out but it was still possible. Is this not so ??

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
====================================================

Sky Spy ... or ... Deluke ... heck anybody ....
Please reread my questions above ... is it GM, the Regional Sales Manager or the dealer who decides which sales submission policy to follow?
There does not appear to be a uniform nationwide policy from what I have read on this forum. This certainly is not a good policy if true and most unfair to those who are victimized in what appears to be a white collar crime by some dealers.
Many on this forum with a long standing deposited order .. and yet ... no price protection, take it or leave it opition add on's, no communications, base cost increase is not an option to customer. Folks who are picking up their cars are telling us they had to pay up or walk away. Walk away and get in the end of a long waiting line at another dealers is an option, but does nothing to discourage that dealer from just sticking it to the next customer.

And trying to get a "who's who" GM vip list with phone/email address to see if the dealer is following GM policy ... or is violating it .... is like impossible.
So, Who decides ?
It is General Motors Policy. They decide.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Sky spy I have a question. In the old policy you were still price protected if you had the deposit and all the correct forms signed prior to the increase. Dis they do away with this ??? I know the dealer had more work and forms to fill out but it was still possible. Is this not so ??
Unless GM has release an ADDENDUM to the exerpt posted above, there is no mention of what you sayin the new Price Protection Policy for Oct/06 ===> Oct/07.

Regards,

BA...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
It is General Motors Policy. They decide.
I agree!!!! THis comes from GM and NOT the Retailer... :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Unless GM has release an ADDENDUM to the exerpt posted above, there is no mention of what you sayin the new Price Protection Policy for Oct/06 ===> Oct/07.

Regards,

BA...

Yes I didn't see it in the new policy but it was in the old policy. Thanks !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts