Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it okay to ask about fair market value for a 2008 Redline manual transmission with about 20-22K miles?

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
It is certainly OK to ask, but don't count on getting a definitive answer since there are a lot of opinions. I have seen comparable cars with asking prices from $10k to $18k, but condition varies and no one knows if they sold or for how much. Assuming yours is in excellent condition I would expect it to go for the top third of that range.

What color is it? Rare colors sometimes go for more. Options affect the price some, but not much, especially with the Sky since it was pretty fully equipped to start with.

And, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you - I am looking to purchase one and it is a white Redline with the red accented seats. Seeing it Saturday. From the pictures it looks in excellent condition. Low mileage.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,132 Posts
Have a friend that is selling a 2007 Ior 8, not certain. They dropped it at Play Toys, in Yucaipa, CA. They are advertising it for 12,900. It is a very nice car. Silver with Red and Black interior. If Play Toys, sells the car my friend gets 10K. They can sell it at anytime to a direct buyer, they paid a fee for having it on the floor for 6 months, not a large fee though, I think it was only 150.00.

I believe it is an auto, which normally cost a little more. I would really like to buy it and put it away, but with the money dropped in the yellow car, the wife would kill me.

I think 18 K is okay if the car is truly perfect. But if you spend that much be sure you pay for claimed value insurance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts