Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talk online yesterday with a saturn rep. I had asked her about Saturn and there commitment to NO markups on there MSRP, Mainly because thats saturn policy. She said the dealers are privately owned and operated, and that they don't condone it , but it is out of there hands. Now how rediculous is that line of crap.

Anyway i wanted to know what most of you paid for your Cars. Of course they ar supposed to msrp for about $23,900 or so, but thats not relistic so just looking for a bit of info.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Jill Ledzack (GM for Saturn) said that if there was any dealer charging over MSRP that Saturn would do everything in thier power to make sure it doesn't happen. Just contact as high as you can go if they want to charge more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pricing?? How much did you pay???

I talked online yesterday with a saturn rep. I had asked her about Saturn and there commitment to NO markups on there MSRP, Mainly because thats saturn policy. She said the dealers are privately owned and operated, and that they don't condone it , but it is out of there hands. Now how rediculous is that line of crap.

Anyway i wanted to know what most of you paid for your Cars. Of course they ar supposed to msrp for about $23,900 or so, but thats not relistic so just looking for a bit of info.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
goodlord187 said:
I talk online yesterday with a saturn rep. I had asked her about Saturn and there commitment to NO markups on there MSRP, Mainly because thats saturn policy. She said the dealers are privately owned and operated, and that they don't condone it , but it is out of there hands. Now how rediculous is that line of crap.

If you go through a lot of the posts on this topic you will see we all paid a wide range of prices. There is still a considerable number that paid MSRP and got the car as they ordered without having any trouble at all.

Getting the CAR at MSRP isn’t the only thing to be concerned with however. Some dealers have mandatory add-ons they tack on to the car, and not just Saturn brand upgrades, and sometimes these upgrades come with a higher markup than MSRP also.

Your best bet is to visit area dealers and have them clearly define and record for you the price you are getting and with what options. Chances are you should find one who is willing to follow Saturn's pricing policies and won't tack on any unwanted extras.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I think MSRP was 23,490$ for mine...... or around there..... then all the extras...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
goodlord187 said:

MSRP plus tax and $86.00 doc fee... Oh and license...
25,225 with the options I had, right from the price list.:thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
ruledawg said:
Jill Ledzack (GM for Saturn) said that if there was any dealer charging over MSRP that Saturn would do everything in thier power to make sure it doesn't happen. Just contact as high as you can go if they want to charge more.
Good luck, we all tried that and we all got the same answer from Saturn Corp. They hate that it's happening, but out of their hands since the dealers are privately owned. No getting around it, you pay or you can walk away. That's the attitude of the Dealers. Too bad they R putting a black mark on Saturn. Good luck!!

Theresa

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
MSRP. No markup. No dealer add ons. No pressure to buy any extras. Saturn of Mobile, Al. is outstanding.

·
Registered
248 Posts
MSRP vs. Dealer Add-ons

I have a long story about MSRP & my SKY ... PM me if you want details ... but another forum member relayed to me his story ... he went to the local dealer ... dealer was insisting upon several "dealer required add-ons" ... at prices set by the dealer ... this forum member refused and sent a letter to Jill L. stating his displeasure with the local dealer ... a few weeks later, the local dealer called the forum member and told him that they had just ordered the Sky the forum member was wanting and there would be no dealer add-ons!

Co-incidence? I dunno ... but the forum member believes that Jill L. pulled some strings.:thumbs:

(The forum member has not taken deliver of his "no add-ons" Sky yet ... but he is expecting it soon.)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Unless you live in California it shouldn't be a problem ordering a car at MSRP with no add ons.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
After all my aftermarket add on's mine came to $29,000. Put 1/2 cash down. And no dealer mark up here...:nono:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a note from a friend in CO (who after seeing my Sol is ordering a Sky). - Said the dealer in Highlands Ranch (S. Denver), CO is charging $4,000 markup. - (Sad, it's kind of like the Saturn dealerships admitting that their previous cars weren't worthy of mark-ups... but now that they've got the Sky - they're going to act like "any other" car dealership & take advantage of finally having a HOT car.) May have to do some research re: Jill L's assistance.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MSRP for me ~$26,200 +tax, tag, and an annoying $245.00 doc fee. The doc fee was on my buyer's order, so it wasn't a surprise.

Don't forget that the $23,600 MSRP is for zero options. You could order one that way if you like.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just mentioned in similar thread that I paid MSRP (~$26,200) plus tax, tags, and $245.00 doc fee.

·
Registered
438 Posts
GaryH said:
MSRP. No markup. No dealer add ons. No pressure to buy any extras.

Same for me!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Same for me!!!

I got the same exact deal at MSRP and options.
Total before Tax and Title 26020.00

·
Super Moderator
11,511 Posts
Same thing here almost. Got it for MSRP plus a motion senseing alarm for $350 or so. The alarm had been marked up but I told them that I wasn't paying their markup on it. I'm sure it costs less than $350 and that was their normal price for it but I'm glad I got it...I can leave the top down and the alarm will still go off if someone is reaching in it. But other than that, no markups. You can do it. Also, Saturn of Riverside will not do any dealer markups if you get a car from them. I had one on order there but needed one (yes, needed) before that one could arrive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey...
sorry i am about to mumble a bunch since i have issues with above mentioned dealership...(Saturn of highlands Ranch in CO)

i did post about those dooshbags in Highlands... I tried to order from them. In denver greater area all the dealerships that i called Highlands, longmont, denver, aurora etc like 5 of them have a PREMIUM. some just bogus like ground effect or $2k pinstriping, some of them a little bit more legit like emboroiding and "appearance package" CAI, clear bra in all just a way to make more profit.
Highlands dealership is within half a mile from ferari dealership, treats the sky as if it is a ferrari, but gives less service than say kia. When I was told about their addon, and some fish story I went "the kid from brooklyn" style. pretty much told the dealer to shove the car up their rear and along with their slogan "people first". Don't get me wrong, but i don't deal well with a pushover sales guy. I mean I can get off my high horse, but when the guy was falsifying facts (msrp, delivery, total production numbers etc) i just blew up in his face...but as i learned the same owner, but different managers for the dealerships. I am actually will buy my redline from Phil Long's dealership, but sure as hell not from those liars. I was offered the 4k package but i was allowed to drop it...come to think Highlands dealership is actually 2 miles closer, but I have to go across front range, vs colorado springs is a country whining roads or a 75mph interstate...whatever happens-for the best! oh yeah Springs dealer is alocated 32 sky"s" for 2007
ilber<-another proud colorado resident

·
Registered
388 Posts
Got my car for MSRP plus the options. They originally wanted to add $2,000 worth of bogus extras, but I told them that I didn't want the car if they did that so they agreed not to put the extras on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
$27,500 just for the car with lots of the factory options. Then add in $3000 greed factor that included a sweeper alarm and early warning lojack. Then add in the paint, cloth, leather sealant. Add in the after market extended warranty (6 years/100,000 miles) and tax and license. Mine came up to $35,000 when all was said and done. With as much as I love this car I must admit it was money well spent.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts