34U - Sunburst Yellow - $195
MX0 - Auto Trans - $850
PD5 - 18" Chrome Wheels - $795

Yes, these are official.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
AWESOME!!!

notice at the bottom where it says "Each retailer is responsible for setting its own selling price"

So much for "saturn doesn't do that" it looks like they have the ok to do it if they like from the upper level. Man, I should of got that in writing.

If this is "Official" why is the base price different than what GM announced yesterday?

edit-- ah, nevermind I think I figured it out... your price doesn't include the 575 destination charge.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I would imagine that each dealer has a number (multiplier) that they add for their ovehead etc... I have shopped Saturns a few times and there is a 200-600 dollar difference from place to place on the "MSRP". I think that is where the "Dealer can set their price" disclaimer sits.
I am NOT a Saturn dealer -- but I bet that is what it means.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I would imagine that each dealer has a number (multiplier) that they add for their ovehead etc... I have shopped Saturns a few times and there is a 200-600 dollar difference from place to place on the "MSRP". I think that is where the "Dealer can set their price" disclaimer sits.
I am NOT a Saturn dealer -- but I bet that is what it means.
Usually those price differences on the manufacturers sticker is because of a price increase or decrease from the manufacturer from the time one car came in and another one, that is a government required sticker and MSRP is the manufacturers price not the dealers/retailers price... their price changes would be on a add-on sticker.

Saturn has always stated that the retailer has final sayso over the selling price, this is nothing new. the thing is they have never needed to mark up a car before because they were usually priced at a good level where the dealer can make a resonable profit.

Now the way no Haggle policy is, and that is different than the pricing policy, is when the Dealer sets the price, thats it, you cannot haggle that price... but you can still haggle over your trade in value...
I am not a Saturn dealer either but I have researched this and talked to a couple dealers and that is how it works...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh No, sounds like a car salesman

SkyMan 07 said:
.....Saturn has always stated that the retailer has final sayso over the selling price, this is nothing new.........Now the way no Haggle policy is, and that is different than the pricing policy, is when the Dealer sets the price, thats it, you cannot haggle that price... but you can still haggle over your trade in value...
I am not a Saturn dealer either but I have researched this and talked to a couple dealers and that is how it works...
I have to differ with you as to Saturn's policies (at least in Southern California) as I have bought three Saturn's in the past and always went by sticker price without a dealer markup. I also received the Employee discount on all of them as they were out of dealer stock (and fully loaded). I do not trade in my vehicles so that doesn't interfere with the final price that I am charged. I do not use financing either. Saturn has always meant MSRP to me!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
eldeeko said:
I have to differ with you as to Saturn's policies (at least in Southern California) as I have bought three Saturn's in the past and always went by sticker price without a dealer markup. I also received the Employee discount on all of them as they were out of dealer stock (and fully loaded). I do not trade in my vehicles so that doesn't interfere with the final price that I am charged. I do not use financing either. Saturn has always meant MSRP to me!
I did not say they do it I said they have always had the option to do it....It has been on their web site for years that the retailer sets the final price, it is up to them if they want to go with MSRP or not... In fact I have bought one for less than MSRP they had one of those red tag sales...
PS if you got the employee discount then you did not pay MSRP... just as I said the retailer has the option....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I thought that the XM Sattelite Radio was free the first year, or was that On Star?
on star is free for the first year, not XM

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
OnStar is free for the first year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have to agree with SkyMan....

I just looked it up and that disclaimer is on the 05 and 06 Relay price sheet. Not exactly a vehicle that would command a dealer price hike.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Official Price Sheet!!!

Since all the info on this price sheet has been posted already... :eek:

Here is the Actual Price Sheet... :cheers:

Regards,

:crazy: S.D. :crazy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hey Sky Dealer,

what is your dealership doing with GM employee discounts for the Sky?

you guys accepting them?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
usmc said:
Hey Sky Dealer,

what is your dealership doing with GM employee discounts for the Sky?

you guys accepting them?
If GM giveth, we will doeth!!! :cool:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Very odd, you can't get the radios without getting the Monsoon upgrade with it as well. That was a $395 seperate option on the Solstice if you didn't want it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
Very odd, you can't get the radios without getting the Monsoon upgrade with it as well. That was a $395 seperate option on the Solstice if you didn't want it.
If you think about it, there are many things that are optional on the Solstice that come standard on the Sky, so why should the radios be any different... Besides I would never buy an upgrade stereo without the Monsoon system...
My monte carlo has one and it sounds fantastic... but they didn't call it a monsoon in it... It was just listed a 200 watt amp with sub woofer...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
brentil said:
In Canada you can get the radio without the speaker system, as at the top of the page of options I received from the dealer listed the monsoon speaker system as an option. I thought at first it was inclusive if I took the US8 option.It is listed on the sheet as Advanced Audio System UQ3.I have inquired with the dealer for clarification in any case.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts