Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Hank is Here said:
Has any pricing on the Sky been announced by GM yet?
Not yet, other than starting under $25K. How far under remains to be seen. Some people have based guesstimates on Solstice pricing and come up with numbers starting around $23K, but it's pure speculation.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
reedred said:
Not yet, other than starting under $25K. How far under remains to be seen. Some people have based guesstimates on Solstice pricing and come up with numbers starting around $23K, but it's pure speculation.
The Sky uses less shared parts with other car lines than the Solstice does, so I would add the base price of the Solstice, plus 1000 dollars for the unique parts for the Sky, then all the option prices from the Solstice that are standard on the Sky and come up with a base price around 24K, but that is also a guesstimate....

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's just too early to tell. Even if the base is $23K, $24K, I bet most people will want at least some of the extra cost options too (if not most). Most Sky's probably will carry pricing over $25K as equipped. Heck, load up a Solstice with everything and you can get it over $25K.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I agree, I am figuring 25-26 loaded ... but we probably will not be able to "build" one until Jan 06.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I figured after TTL that I would be lucky to walk out the door at 30k.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yesterday I entered teh Sky sweepstakes at www.saturn.com and in the fine print the approximate value of the car they are giving away including the Yahoo music package is $27,000. It alludes to all standard features plus only the music package as extra. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I went to the Sky showing in Knoxville today, the truck driver said he was told that the official priceing will come out in about 2 weeks, along with official allocations, but he also said that ALL saturn dealers will get the same number of cars in the first allocation reguardless of the size of the dealership... aproximately 2 a month. plus they will be built and sent to the dealers in lots, no special orders for a while, it will be first come first served... when one comes in the first on that dealers list will be called and told what they have and ask if he or she wants it, then if they turn it down they will call #2 and so on and so forth...
There will be a First 500, one per dealership, with a special badge with an ID number, and special equipment not available on other Skys.
Well that is what he said, and I thought I would pass it on ...
PS he also said there is a special event Scheduled at the Wilmington plant for Jan 29th for the Saturn executives and GM brass....

·
Registered
304 Posts
classic66vair said:
I went to the Sky showing in Knoxville today, the truck driver said he was told that the official priceing will come out in about 2 weeks, along with official allocations, but he also said that ALL saturn dealers will get the same number of cars in the first allocation reguardless of the size of the dealership... aproximately 2 a month. plus they will be built and sent to the dealers in lots, no special orders for a while, it will be first come first served... when one comes in the first on that dealers list will be called and told what they have and ask if he or she wants it, then if they turn it down they will call #2 and so on and so forth...
There will be a First 500, one per dealership, with a special badge with an ID number, and special equipment not available on other Skys.
PS he also said there is a special event Scheduled at the Wilmington plant for Jan 29th for the Saturn executives and GM brass....
Well kiddies, we heard it here first and hopefully will know a lot more in two weeks. So the idea will be if the dealers follow their list that you will get a call and if it is not the color you want you prolly pass, but where does that leave you in rotation for the next one, desireably still in same position.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When is SEMA? They might be announcing before so all the aftermarket Solstice products can badged SOL/SKY.

·
Registered
328 Posts
classic66vair said:
:cheers: Sounds like a good plan :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
achieftain said:
Well kiddies, we heard it here first and hopefully will know a lot more in two weeks. So the idea will be if the dealers follow their list that you will get a call and if it is not the color you want you prolly pass, but where does that leave you in rotation for the next one, desireably still in same position.
The dealers will have the option to either drop you to the end of the waitlist or leave you there and you be the first called on each one coming in...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
you guys crack me up

funny how when anyone in the self proclaimed "in the know" crowd on this forum mentions something about dates its taken serious. When any of us regular folk mention anything to do with dates, allocations...etc.. we get told over and over again in multiple posts that we are wrong and that ---

"My dealer has talked to Jill directly and also her boss, there has not been any numbers given for how many will be produced for certain, when production will start or which dealers will get theirs first or even how many each dealer will get. He told me as soon as he knows something I will know it..."

but now that we heard from a truck driver, it must be true. Interesting how the truck driver knows all this and Jill (and her boss) haven't heard a word.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I take NO one serious :willy: .. :D I went through HELL with my Sol deal :rolleyes: , so I will not believe anything until I see the Skys on the street. :cheers:

PS I still do not like that long "CB" antenna and the On*Star / XM combo .... :willy: maybe it will grow on me? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I am very interested in seeing what the badging will look like. :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Lost Sol said:
I take NO one serious :willy: .. :D I went through HELL with my Sol deal :rolleyes: , so I will not believe anything until I see the Skys on the street.
Me either. Here's why:

So I went to the Auto Expo at Nassau Coliseum (Long Island) last night. I asked about delivery, etc.- the COLLEGE STUDENT Saturn rep that was there told me that a) this is a production car, b) it's 177 (not 170) hp, c) 0-60 in 7.2 seconds, d) it should be available in April, and e) here's a booklet about it (booklet featuring 2006 Saturns, no mention of the Sky.)

a I believed, and d I felt was as accurate as any other date that we don't really know was. There was also no mention of anything that the truck driver told Classic (thank goodness.)

After about 6 seconds, I wished Brentil and his ring had been with me. It was incredibly obvious to me, my friend that I dragged along, and I think even the Saturn guy, that I knew way more than he did about the car, so he decided to show me up. He said (while looking around conspiratorially) "so, have you sat in one yet?"

I about (uh... pooped) my freaking pants. Thank God I kept a straight face. I actually managed not to say "Of course not! The few cars out there are handmade prototypes worth about $250,000 apiece!!!"

What I said was "no." He looked around like he didn't want to get caught, pulled back the tensa-barrier and LET ME GET INTO THE CAR. Again, I almost had to go home and change. I had the friend that went with me take pics of me sitting in a Sky . I almost had to buy the Saturn guy breakfast.

I learned two things: the car feels incredibly wide inside- we're both pretty chunky and were totally comfortable, but visibility will be better for people taller than me (5'6").

The bad news is that I borrowed a camera for the excursion and have to return it to get my pics out. I'll do that sometime this weekend, but first I have to go skeet shooting with Mother. Really.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Proof that it's always safe to keep a spare pair of underwear handy.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
funny how when anyone in the self proclaimed "in the know" crowd on this forum mentions something about dates its taken serious. When any of us regular folk mention anything to do with dates, allocations...etc.. we get told over and over again in multiple posts that we are wrong and that ---

"My dealer has talked to Jill directly and also her boss, there has not been any numbers given for how many will be produced for certain, when production will start or which dealers will get theirs first or even how many each dealer will get. He told me as soon as he knows something I will know it..."

but now that we heard from a truck driver, it must be true. Interesting how the truck driver knows all this and Jill (and her boss) haven't heard a word.
Well since we never hear anything on this forum, i thought i would pass on anything I hear, I identify the source and i also mentioned this
All i am saying is i don't pass on what i hear reguardless of the source, but only from someone I know works for Saturn....

Edit: I just got an E-mail from my dealer on this subject, he said he has not heard any of this officially yet but as soon as he gets written information on it or hears it from Saturn corporate he will just consider it rumor...

·
Registered
727 Posts
usmc said:

We just have to weigh everything that is said against everything that has been said in the past. Some people seem to have sources that are more reliable and accurate than others, and there is no shortage of "others" on the internet who think they heard all the answers and couldn't be farther from the truth.

In fact, on the Sol forum, we have seen GM executives quoted in print who ended up having said the wrong thing. If you cannot trust the horses mouth, who can you trust? :willy:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts