Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my beautiful Sky on Friday and I love it! I noticed today that the trunk lid isn't aligned properly. The left side fits too tightly against the tail light and catches when the trunk is opened or closed. I tried searching the site and couldn't find this particular problem. I'm going to take it by my dealer tomorrow, but wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
me too

When I picked mine up the trunk lid didn't line up either. One side didn't want to close flush up by the seats. The dealer fixed the problem with making a few quick adjustments. I haven't had a problem since the fix.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to know it was an easy fix. Mine should be too. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I am having the same problem. I called the dealer and they said to bring it in this week and they will adjust it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Count me in on having had this problem too. And like everyone else, just took it in to the dealer and they fixed it. Good as new...:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'll be closely checking allignments when I pick mine up.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I find that the top has to be down securely in the trunk on both sides then the trunk closes flush. I won't know for sure if this is a problem with stowing the top until baby goes in for service. I have a list of thing to be check:thumbs:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nighttripper said:
I find that the top has to be down securely in the trunk on both sides then the trunk closes flush. I won't know for sure if this is a problem with stowing the top until baby goes in for service. I have a list of thing to be check:thumbs:
I know what you are referring to and you are right. But this is different. The trunk lid is rubbing the tail light when I open/close it. Sounds like it should be nothing to fix though. I'm running it over to the dealer at lunch.

Thanks for reassuring me everyone!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine Too

Mine hangs up when its hot outside... I will be taking it in to have it adjusted... Sounds like this is pretty common...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Mine has been in multiple times... they don't seem able to fix it.
bring it somewhere else then. At the Mecca tour, the plant guys were walking around the parking lot fixing alignment issues for owners. Average time spent to fix the problem.....10 mintues! The dealer just doesn't know what they're doing:nono: Looks like you gotta find another place for service.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
bring it somewhere else then. At the Mecca tour, the plant guys were walking around the parking lot fixing alignment issues for owners. Average time spent to fix the problem.....10 mintues! The dealer just doesn't know what they're doing:nono: Looks like you gotta find another place for service.
Did you see them do one? I was curious if the liner needs to come off to make the adjustment.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Did you see them do one? I was curious if the liner needs to come off to make the adjustment.
I witnessed several, and no it does not. adjustment in the hinges and some good ole fashion elbow grease....just ask Reed :lol: :lol: Poor guy almost fainted when they yanked on his bumper to realign it properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts