Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked my Redline up at 3:30pm today here in Mississauga (just outside Toronto). I have problems already. My airbag electrical indicater is telling me that my airbag is not working properly. I also have wind blowing in my ear because the roof & the window are not sealing properly. What a great start to a buzz of a ride.:brentil:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just picked my Redline up at 3:30pm today here in Mississauga (just outside Toronto). I have problems already. My airbag electrical indicater is telling me that my airbag is not working properly. I also have wind blowing in my ear because the roof & the window are not sealing properly. What a great start to a buzz of a ride.:brentil:
Is it Airbag off light?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the real world--Both sound like very minor problems--The airbag error you should of seen when you started it up there--:eek: The other you found out when you drove off--now take it back and they will fix it--BTW, welcome to the "first drive away club"--:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The light was not on when I left. As for the wind part, I could not get any real speed because of traffic (this is the Greater Toronto Area) at 4pm.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
There will always be some wind noise. That said, when you put the top up, make sure that the little "peg" on the bottom of the top seal is landing in the corresponding "hole" right behind the door. Sometimes it doesn't seat properly and the window on that side won't seal properly. Make sure you have your windows rolled down a bit when putting the top up, also.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is all good. I know that it can be fixed in no time. As for putting the windows down, makes sense. I notice on the rear of the top at the pegs that you are talking about, there is a velcro adjuster. I tried that, to no avail.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
It is all good. I know that it can be fixed in no time. As for putting the windows down, makes sense. I notice on the rear of the top at the pegs that you are talking about, there is a velcro adjuster. I tried that, to no avail.
Wrong pegs. The one's I am referring to are right on the bottom seal for the top and land behind the door.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The light was not on when I left. As for the wind part, I could not get any real speed because of traffic (this is the Greater Toronto Area) at 4pm.
My question is if the IP says theres an airbag problem. Most people mistake the airbag sensor system saying the airbag is off for a problem...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you very much!!! I see what you are talking about. I will have to check it later. It is pouring! Please don't leak:nono:

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Light on the Dash the indicate the Airbag is FOR THE PASSENGER not the driver. If it is off it means noone is in the passenger seat. Was anyone with you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my Redline last Moday. After a nice drive that night I noticed road noise coming from the drivers door window. Dealer is ordering a new window sealfor between the door window and the rag top. It is also making it difficult to open the drivers door at times. It causes a pressure seal to form.

Good luck with the car

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm having this problem with my base sky. Someone is in the passenger seat and sometimes the airbag "off" light is lite.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I'm having this problem with my base sky. Someone is in the passenger seat and sometimes the airbag "off" light is lite.
Mine does that too. I had OnStar run a diagnostic once when it happened and they said everything was fine. The Service Manager at my local dealer said it was probably a bad sensor or a bad wiring connection under the seat. It's on my list of things to look at when the car goes in tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts