Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i need some information here was wondering if any one can help me know this is normal. I here a slight squeak coming from each corner of the car by the trunk when i hit and kind of bump or anything like that. I also noticed there there is a slight wistle of air coming in and i looked at where the to side glasses meet the car towards the back part there is an indent of the moulding where it seems air can leak in does any one else have these problems let me know. thank you. you guys are awsome

·
Registered
422 Posts
Slight sqeaks

First you should controll the rear wheels. Maybe they are rubbing the wheel wells. There are some threads discribing that problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C20LET_50 said:
First you should controll the rear wheels. Maybe they are rubbing the wheel wells. There are some threads discribing that problem.
what do you mean control the rear wheels it seems as if that problem as been fixed on my car

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Could be the squeak is coming from, if the top is stored, from not pushing it down after collapse in trunk? Mine makes a kinda of light noise if I don't take the 3 seconds it takes to push down on each side of the top. When I go over a moderate bump that is. As for the air noise, hey it is really a roadster, not a coupe, the top is only a necessity on those days when mother nature determines it is a non roadster day.:lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
the squeek is the top
it sits on a felt and under that felt is metal and the felt wears out with the movement of the top and make a hole then the pins of the top rubs againest that metal which makes the squeeks
i have put around that metal electical type and the squeeks have stop for now
but you do need to let your local saturn service know of this problem

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
bigd2114 said:
I here a slight squeak coming from each corner of the car by the trunk when i hit and kind of bump or anything like that.
I have that too... a very subtle "squuueee--eeek" if you go over a large bump in the road, almost like the squeek bounces with the car. It might be the top, but it sounds like it comes from more of the outside of the car -- any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Have only 447 miles on the car, so no noticable noises yet. However, if you have noticable seal spacing around the top or windows, I would take it to the dealer. Mine is real tight, with no wind noise, which is actually kind of amazing for a rag top.:thumbs: At least when compared with the other rag tops I have driven.:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i pinpointed the noise to a spot where the trunk hits a thing that pushes it up look about 1 ft in from each side and there is something that raises the trunk so its flush i think its that, that is making the noise

·
Registered
63 Posts
Many of us Sol members have had this problem come up.
When you pull your top down, notice the 2 alignment pins that stick out on both sides. These go into your windshield header.
When closed and in your trunk, they fit close to a metal frame. This frame, if like the Sol's, will have velcro fuzz stuck to it. it has moved from wearing and time.
Fix this with new velcro or something of your choice that won't wear off as easily.
Do a search on the Sol board for actual pictures.

·
Registered
277 Posts
bigd2114 said:
Hey i need some information here was wondering if any one can help me know this is normal. I here a slight squeak coming from each corner of the car by the trunk when i hit and kind of bump or anything like that. I also noticed there there is a slight wistle of air coming in and i looked at where the to side glasses meet the car towards the back part there is an indent of the moulding where it seems air can leak in does any one else have these problems let me know. thank you. you guys are awsome

Yes, I have both of these issues. As to the air noise, it is a rag top and not worried. As to the squeak, thanks for all of your tips above.!!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Yep... i have noticed a bit of air noise on each side of the top... but that is to be expected..... just adjust the velcro..... it should help.. SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Sun roof

In a strong wind out towards Sandusky Ohio I have had a wistling noise comming from my sun roof on an Acura Legend - not too surprising to hear of wind noise on a convertible - still would be nice if they had time to a computer simulation or even a real wind tunnel test to detemine the best size and shape of weathstripping and such to minimize that kind of thing.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Yep... i have noticed a bit of air noise on each side of the top... but that is to be expected..... just adjust the velcro..... it should help.. SkyBaby-07
Hi Skybaby, how did you adjust the velcro? Is it velcro that makes the top or the cloth top area(the part of the top that is inside the the trunk) tighter?

I had the squeak and found that it was the pins not sitting on the felt on the L brackets. They were just rubbing against the metal, causing the squeak when I hit a bump in the road. It just takes me a few seconds longer to fully push the top far down enough to put the pins in the felt and not just lie against the metal.
2000+ miles and still lovin' my Sky! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts