Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen anything relating to my problems. The first question I have is the Saturn web site. You are suppose to be able to enter your vin number and get an account and be able to keep posted on service/recalls and other assorted details of your car. I have this for my Buick. So far, 5 months, I have been unable to log on and Saturn only says to wait 2 weeks, which they have been saying for 20 weeks. Anybody have any info on this site? My second problems is this. When I'm in my sky, with the top up in place, a sunny day, the instrument panel (gas guage, speed/tach, etc) is quite dark. What would be ideal would be to cover the light sensor, no problem, the dash lights would be on, but prevent the DIC and Radio lights from dimming. I believe, but am not sure, that if I shorted out the dimmer I could accomplish that, right? If that is true, one other question, how can I best get at the wires to do that, at the dimmer or at some other point?

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Have you tried to turn the headlights "ON" and move the dimmer to "Full Bright" ? I assume that you have, and that it helped you to see the instruments. I guess you do not want to have to turn the headlights on and off ? Rather than "shorting out" the dimmer, why not just keep it at "Full Bright" ?

Its odd, I have never had this issue with the instruments under any lighting conditions. Radio/DIC, yes. Instruments, no.

Why would you have the top up on a sunny day ? I thought that was illegal, or immoral, or something.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
As far as the web site to register your SKY -- the VIN has been a fiasco. They have not got it right yet. I have another Saturn and all is fine there - it's just teh new SKY VIN that i snot working. They keep promising :brentil:

As far as the lighting problem. I have no such complaint on my SKY as far as dark gauges (I have read a few, so it is noy you.. Perhaps it's me?? Na-ww-w)...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
No problems here with the gauges. The radio and DIC on a bright sunny day with the top down...now that's another story. :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
As far as the web site to register your SKY -- the VIN has been a fiasco. They have not got it right yet. I have another Saturn and all is fine there - it's just teh new SKY VIN that i snot working. They keep promising :brentil:
I have much the same problem...but with my wife's Vue. My son's Ion (purchased in March) and my Sky (purchased in April) are in the database, but my wife's Vue (pruchased one week after my Sky) is still not there. And don't ask online chat for help...they say they're sorry, you need to contact customer assistance...ummm, I thought that's what I was doing. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with the instrument panel too dark once I got the brightness turned up.
I think I'd explore ways to tastefully cover the light sensor before I'd consider shorting things out.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with the instrument panel too dark once I got the brightness turned up.
I think I'd explore ways to tastefully cover the light sensor before I'd consider shorting things out.
I have to admit I shuddered when I saw the line "short it out.." Too many years in the electrical fields to ever think of that as a solution...

Yesterday, a cloudy day in Chicagoland (at least when I was driving) and while teh gauges were not lit (it's daytime!!) they were easy to see.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Turn your fog lights on, it lights your the gauges.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nothin' beat 'at 'em there dancin' Hula Girls 'fer a sensor cover!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts