Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are still in the dark as to a production date for the Sky. We should however be able to calculate an approximate date if we look at the numbers. We need to know how many Solstice's will produced and how many have been produced so far. Then we need to know how many units are being produced per week and that should tell us when the current production run of the Solstice will be complete.

Can anyone fill in some of the numbers? I've always seen 20,000 units as the production number for the Solstice (at least on this site).

Even if you estimate the average production per week and start from the known production start date of the Solstice it should give us a better idea of when the Solstice production run will stop.

Remember to carry the two and add a week or so for anything they need to do at the plant to switch over to full production of Sky's

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
Well we are still in the dark as to a production date for the Sky. We should however be able to calculate an approximate date if we look at the numbers. We need to know how many Solstice's will produced and how many have been produced so far. Then we need to know how many units are being produced per week and that should tell us when the current production run of the Solstice will be complete.

Can anyone fill in some of the numbers? I've always seen 20,000 units as the production number for the Solstice (at least on this site).

Even if you estimate the average production per week and start from the known production start date of the Solstice it should give us a better idea of when the Solstice production run will stop.

Remember to carry the two and add a week or so for anything they need to do at the plant to switch over to full production of Sky's
Sir the Sky and Solstice production will be intermixed, there will be no full production of just the Sky.... I don;t know where you got the idea they they will stop producing the Solstice..... The 20,000 figure is for a normal production run of solstices ina model year, and it is just approximate anyway, they could build more or less.....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just going by what I've read on this site in the past!

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Sol

I was on the Sol Forum they say the Sol is only 16000 for the first run, and the Sky only 10000....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
When I spoke to my Saturn Sales rep yesterday he mentioned -- only 6000 SKY on this run and 10000 after September when teh 2007 "normal" model year is to run. He DID say that was speculation and that all they know of for sure are the 6-10K being built now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
rick112 said:
Can anyone fill in some of the numbers?
The local paper says that the plant's production will be aprox. 150 units a day when 3rd shift is added.

I wish I could tell you more but I'm not allowed.

·
Registered
474 Posts
bob said:
The local paper says that the plant's production will be aprox. 150 units a day when 3rd shift is added.

I wish I could tell you more but I'm not allowed.
You must remember that the 150 units produced a day with the 3rd shift will be a TOTAL of all Solstice and Sky car produced. They are both being built at the same plant in Wilmington, the 3rd shift will increase production but not necessarily "speed up" the First Sky delivery. Just ask the Solstice people! :)

I predict that the first pre-ordered Sky will be delivered sometime April/May. I just hope future Sky owners don't have nearly as many "waiting" headaches as their Solstice cousins!

Good Luck to all of you and as was once said on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood - "SPEEDY DELIVERY" wishes to you all! :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts