Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I would like to remind you Delnari that both forums have policies against sharing insider information. http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16368&postcount=15

If this is official insider information that was not meant to be shared then you could be getting yourself, your source, and the forums in trouble with GM. So please keep this in mind before posting information like this if it is confidential.

·
Registered
109 Posts
brentil said:
I would like to remind you Delnari that both forums have policies against sharing insider information. http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16368&postcount=15

If this is official insider information that was not meant to be shared then you could be getting yourself, your source, and the forums in trouble with GM. So please keep this in mind before posting information like this if it is confidential.
Thanks, brentil. :cheers:
Mum's the word.. :lol:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I never post insider information. I do talk with those who have talked with the production management team, and they share the information freely. I never give information out that I was told to keep "under my hat". If that was true I would have shared some really secret information from Mallett Cars. :eek:

My source for this information was presented at the dealer meeting in Altanta last week by the Saturn Sky executives. Nothing top secret here, just scheduling information from the execs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Insider Information ...

Delnari said:
I never post insider information. ... I was told to keep "under my hat". If that was true I would have shared some really secret information from Mallett Cars. :eek:
I completely understand that ... It is so very hard to know good details and not to be able to share it with everyone else on here. Clearance is an absolute must "first" before you can "officially" release any of it! If you lose your credibility then you will loose all your great inside contacts.

Keep up the great work! :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is GM going to do to this forum if someone shares in side information here. Will they refuse to sell every one out here a Sky, or is it a legal matter? :confused:

·
Registered
432 Posts
flaj said:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is GM going to do to this forum if someone shares in side information here. Will they refuse to sell every one out here a Sky, or is it a legal matter? :confused:
i imagine they wont do anything to us, but whoever leaked it will be looking for a new job at best.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Flaj,

First, I've added links to the FAQ and the Forum rules to my signature. In the rules/guidelines/ thread, there is an entry on inside information. Last post, I believe.

GM can make an official request to obtain posting information (usually the IP address from which you post, which is enough to track your post to a server, which, when combined with other information, like when you posted etc., can lead back to you). This information is used to determine if you work for GM, a GM subsidiary, a GM supplier, or GM affiliate of some sort.

Posting "proprietary" or "confidential" or "secret" information, i.e. information not readily available outside the business environment of the company, gets the attention of those that lurk sites looking for information security breaches. Information breaches are usually plugged, and the source of the information can be (and has been) tracked down. Discipline to the poster can result. This discipline can be moderate (a mark in personnel record) to severe (firing the individual).

A company like GM can also do other stuff - if the breach is bad enough, they can (not saying they will or if there is a precident, just saying it is possible) create a LOT of problems for a forum. The end result may be a neutering of or even shutting down a forum in the process of tracking down breaches.

Also, many times, especially for automotive enthusiast forums, the members WANT to be heard by the people that WORK AT THE COMPANY THAT BUILDS THE PRODUCT. This site and the solstice sister site have a lot of lurkers - many of them are legitimately GM employees that want to see the reaction of potential customers. IF (again, not saying it has happened, just saying it is possible) GM gets upset enough, they can just shut off employee access to individual sites. The end result is employees no longer would be able to peruse our opinions, posts, likes, dislikes, heated discussions, concerns... etc.

So, take a look at the forum rules, the links to the articles, and digest this verbose post.

Hope that helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts