Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been informed that production was due to start on the SKY on Tuesday 14th February 2006 and that the first batch of Sky's will be held by saturn for a 2 week period, Then they will be dispatched to the Dealers accross the country so All dealers will recieve them at the same time. Approx dispatch date week ending march 11th 2006. wooohooooooooo :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Salesman said:
Just been informed that production was due to start on the SKY on Tuesday 14th February 2006 and that the first batch of Sky's will be held by saturn for a 2 week period, Then they will be dispatched to the Dealers accross the country so All dealers will recieve them at the same time. Approx dispatch date week ending march 11th 2006. wooohooooooooo :thumbs:
thats what the Saturn online rep told me today also...:thumbs: :driving:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Looks like I might might be getting mine in mid March, just like I said. Maybe, possibly. I figure i have to be close to the top, well maybe in the middle, as I have had 2 TPW come and go, I wonder if I will go above 030 this next week, any guesses? Dealer image, order date 1/09/06.

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ernest said:
Looks like I might might be getting mine in mid March, just like I said. Maybe, possibly. I figure i have to be close to the top, well maybe in the middle, as I have had 2 TPW come and go, I wonder if I will go above 030 this next week, any guesses? Dealer image, order date 1/09/06.

ERNEST:thumbs:
my guess is that you will see you 030 jump to heres your VIN -- code 33 or 38

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ernest & Usmc ...

Assuming that KappaMan must be 'very careful' in what he says ... and knowing that he is always 'very precise' in what he says ... I think you could reasonably infer from his comment above ...

Hmmmm... sounds like "Spring 2006" to me ;) :lol:

that he is 'lending some credence' to Ernest's mid-March prediction for his Sky delivery:thumbs: ... what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Are these X-vin's or full production VIN's

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
bubbacc said:
Assuming that KappaMan must be 'very careful' in what he says ... and knowing that he is always 'very precise' in what he says ... I think you could reasonably infer from his comment above ...

Hmmmm... sounds like "Spring 2006" to me ;) :lol:

that he is 'lending some credence' to Ernest's mid-March prediction for his Sky delivery:thumbs: ... what do ya'll think?

I agree, and we don't only have the "reading between the lines" but also the pics showing skys at the factory, people reporting seeing car carriers full of skys on the road, the cust svc rep stating production has started
(not that I give any validity to what those online ppl say but they are all saying the same thing, indicating to me that they were told by someone else that they could, cause we all know, they read from a script and don't really know anymore than what their floor supervisor tells them)

If I were a betting man (wait! I am a betting man!) I would put money that the demos will be delivered mid march timeframe. And they they will officially announce production soon. My opinion is that they are holding off on publicly announcing production till they are done producing the dealer demos. Then they can announce official production and start producing images for the general public. (those of you who were lucky enough to get a demo image for your order don't count as "general public". your special!)

I really think that even though the Sol people went thru h*ll to get their cars, that we are going to get lucky and actually have deliveries happen in April which is Spring! (again, except for you lucky few that will get your cars in the demo batch, you bstrds :D will have yours by the end of March, in my opinion)

disclaimer:
all above remarks are of MY opinion only! I don't have "inside" information or claim to be "in the know". This is pure speculation based on all the reliable and not so reliable sources of info we all share on this and other forums.
let the flaming begin!!! but seriously, on the betting thing... any takers?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Druid-2 said:
Are these X-vin's or full production VIN's
Noone has a Vin yet.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
Noone has a Vin yet.
Just got a note from My dealer, He says those in the pictures are still the pre production cars used for testing and for quality of build inspection.. :(

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
disclaimer:
all above remarks are of MY opinion only! I don't have "inside" information or claim to be "in the know". This is pure speculation based on all the reliable and not so reliable sources of info we all share on this and other forums.

LOVE THE DISCLAIMER...:thumbs: .... I may have to make my own version..... if that is ok.... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Just got a note from My dealer, He says those in the pictures are still the pre production cars used for testing and for quality of build inspection.. :(

That is what i was told tooo, SkyMan...... bummed me out.... BUT WHY SO MANY?...... i should ask... CAN I HAVE ONE FOR A LAWN DECORATION?... oopsy... showing my hillbilly side.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
I agree, and we don't only have the "reading between the lines" but also the pics showing skys at the factory, people reporting seeing car carriers full of skys on the road, the cust svc rep stating production has started
(not that I give any validity to what those online ppl say but they are all saying the same thing, indicating to me that they were told by someone else that they could, cause we all know, they read from a script and don't really know anymore than what their floor supervisor tells them)

If I were a betting man (wait! I am a betting man!) I would put money that the demos will be delivered mid march timeframe. And they they will officially announce production soon. My opinion is that they are holding off on publicly announcing production till they are done producing the dealer demos. Then they can announce official production and start producing images for the general public. (those of you who were lucky enough to get a demo image for your order don't count as "general public". your special!)

I really think that even though the Sol people went thru h*ll to get their cars, that we are going to get lucky and actually have deliveries happen in April which is Spring! (again, except for you lucky few that will get your cars in the demo batch, you bstrds :D will have yours by the end of March, in my opinion)

disclaimer:
One other good indicator is the Saturn website having the build your own sky available now... that means that actual cars are very close to either being built or are being built... does anyone know for sure when that was first put on the webite?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
One other good indicator is the Saturn website having the build your own sky available now... that means that actual cars are very close to either being built or are being built... does anyone know for sure when that was first put on the webite?
I think that was yesterday... that is what the online chat lady said...because it gives the excited people a chance to see "their" cars... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
SkyBaby said:
That is what i was told tooo, SkyMan...... bummed me out.... BUT WHY SO MANY?...... i should ask... CAN I HAVE ONE FOR A LAWN DECORATION?... oopsy... showing my hillbilly side.... SkyBaby-07
Only if you remove the wheels, and place the car on CONCRETE blocks.

[any good Appalachian-American knows that cinderblocks and cement blocks deteriorate too quickly, in a matter of a few years... removing the remaining classiness of your original lawn decoration... for a good, long lasting (longer than your teeth) lawn decoration like the SKY - only the best, CONCRETE... don't EVEN talk to me about wood, they don't make fireplaces out of wood, you need something much better than that for a car like the SKY... </rant> :lol:]

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Its very possible that they are qa/testing cars. but as you already know, there is no way for your dealer to know that. His guess is as good as ours.

but the person who saw cars on a carrier... thats the one tidbit of info that kinda started to sway me in the direction of my above posted opinion.

who knows, my bet is still a delivery date of 4/1-4/15 for us regular folk.( that is also what I put on the poll a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
Its very possible that they are qa/testing cars. but as you already know, there is no way for your dealer to know that. His guess is as good as ours.

but the person who saw cars on a carrier... thats the one tidbit of info that kinda started to sway me in the direction of my above posted opinion.

who knows, my bet is still a delivery date of 4/1-4/15 for us regular folk.( that is also what I put on the poll a few weeks ago.
those on the carrier may have been going to the crusher...or for crash testing or to car magazines for tests... you never know...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
KappaMan said:
Only if you remove the wheels, and place the car on CONCRETE blocks.

[any good Appalachian-American knows that cinderblocks and cement blocks deteriorate too quickly, in a matter of a few years... removing the remaining classiness of your original lawn decoration... for a good, long lasting (longer than your teeth) lawn decoration like the SKY - only the best, CONCRETE... don't EVEN talk to me about wood, they don't make fireplaces out of wood, you need something much better than that for a car like the SKY... </rant> :lol:]
Hmmm been living here for 32 years and I always see them on cinder blocks or just sitting on the ground with a tree growing up through the hood....or the weeds grown up so high you can hardly see the car.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
those on the carrier may have been going to the crusher...or for crash testing or to car magazines for tests... you never know...
very true. but rather than be the pessimist all the time, I'm going for the optimistic look and going with the view that those trucks were going to the rumored "short term parking lot" to wait for enough skys to be built to fill dealer demo orders. then they will all take off for their destinations at the same time so all dealers will get their car at roughly the same time.

and my sunglasses are rose colored, wanna borrow them?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts