·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New production numbers:

Solstice 2006 model: 1,550

Solstice 2007 model: 433

Sky 2007 model: 1,125

Production total 3,108 (last month 3,286)

2007 Sol should be with the drivers seat adjuster, just before the one week of vacation.
Sky even ??

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Hmm... still producing a lot more Solstice than Sky. You could almost get a complex about it.:banghead:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
rick112 said:
Hmm... still producing a lot more Solstice than Sky. You could almost get a complex about it.:banghead:
They would. They are making 20,000 Solstice and 10,000 Sky's. And the seat adjusters aren't going to start untill the end of August. The one's being built now don't have it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
deluke said:
They would. They are making 20,000 Solstice and 10,000 Sky's. And the seat adjusters aren't going to start untill the end of August. The one's being built now don't have it.
WOW!!! ... Those numbers surprised me. Is the demand for Sols that much higher than for the Sky???????

Looks like the accellerated production schedule is cranking up doesn't it!!!:)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
WOW!!! ... Those numbers surprised me. Is the demand for Sols that much higher than for the Sky???????

Looks like the accellerated production schedule is cranking up doesn't it!!!:)

I think it's just Pontiac is alot larger than the Saturn.

Pontiac 2500/2800 dealerships
Saturn 450/480 dealerships

But the demand for the Solstice is great.But so is the Sky.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
deluke said:
And the seat adjusters aren't going to start untill the end of August. The one's being built now don't have it.
I would disagree... the change in SOL from 2006 to 2007 includes the seat adjuster, and in such, if they are making 2007's... it includes it... as of the 26th IIRC... also, since the SKY's price increase starts on the 26th, one would assume that they were included as well.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
I would disagree... the change in SOL from 2006 to 2007 includes the seat adjuster, and in such, if they are making 2007's... it includes it... as of the 26th IIRC... also, since the SKY's price increase starts on the 26th, one would assume that they were included as well.
The seat adjuster are interim for the Solstice. ( Just like your bluestone was ) Per GM !!! They will not start being put in the Solstice untill the end of August. I know so you can disagree as much as you want.

Originally Posted by Distribution Newsletter

Please be advised that (AF2) Driver 2-way Power Seat Height Adjuster will not be available at the start of production. Initial production of (AF2) is anticipated to begin late August.

I went and found the newsletter for you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
Is the demand for Sols that much higher than for the Sky?
deluke said:
I think it's just Pontiac is alot larger than the Saturn.
Pontiac 2500/2800 dealerships
Saturn 450/480 dealerships
But the demand for the Solstice is great.But so is the Sky.
Since there are more Sols sitting on dealers lots unsold than Skys, the build numbers don't tell the whole story of demand. But even using the June build numbers, with the Sky production still in the ramp-up mode:

Sols built = 1983/2800 = .7 cars per dealer.
Skys built = 1125/480 = 2.3 cars per dealer.

Hopefully the supply at Sky dealers will continue on the upswing!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Axel said:
Since there are more Sols sitting on dealers lots unsold than Skys, the build numbers don't tell the whole story of demand. But even using the June build numbers, with the Sky production still in the ramp-up mode:

Sols built = 1983/2800 = .7 cars per dealer.
Skys built = 1125/480 = 2.3 cars per dealer.

Hopefully the supply at Sky dealers will continue on the upswing!

Sky production is not still in ramp up mode !!! Where do some of you people get this info ??? That is why I have said it is easier to get a Sky then a Solstice. There are less Solstice per dealership average.

And you don't see hardly any sitting at dealerships unsold. But when you do it is mostly because they are adding on a premium. But you see the same unsold with the Sky. I was able to find 4 in Ct and Mass in about 15 min. of looking and calling.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mine was one of the June Babies!!!

Who crapped in DeLuke's cheerios this AM?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
deluke said:
The seat adjuster are intermitten for the Solstice. ( Just like your bluestone was ) Per GM !!! They will not start being put in the Solstice untill the end of August. I know so you can disagree as much as you want.

Originally Posted by Distribution Newsletter

Please be advised that (AF2) Driver 2-way Power Seat Height Adjuster will not be available at the start of production. Initial production of (AF2) is anticipated to begin late August.

I went and found the newsletter for you.
I just looked at the print book *Valid as of June 30th* and you are correct... it says, "(AF2) Driver 2-way power seat height adjuster will be added interim 2007 Model Year." While it is not intermittent which would mean used on and off... it is listed as being added later in the MY.

·
Registered
255 Posts
deluke said:
Sky production is not still in ramp up mode !!! Where do some of you people get this info ??? That is why I have said it is easier to get a Sky then a Solstice. There are less Solstice per dealership average.

And you don't see hardly any sitting at dealerships unsold. But when you do it is mostly because they are adding on a premium. But you see the same unsold with the Sky. I was able to find 4 in Ct and Mass in about 15 min. of looking and calling.
Hi deluke.....We had several threads discussing the "ramp up" of production of the Sky. I seem to remember that it originally came from Bob Lutz. I'm really old so maybe my memory is having its daily senior moment.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Mine was one of the June Babies!!!

Who crapped in DeLuke's cheerios this AM?
No one. Why ??? It's just when I post somthing I know, some people always question it. Is it because I know a little more about things then them and they don't like it ? I have no idea, but if I'm not sure about something I will say it's a rumor that I haven't verified.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
I just looked at the print book *Valid as of June 30th* and you are correct... it says, "(AF2) Driver 2-way power seat height adjuster will be added interim 2007 Model Year." While it is not intermittent which would mean used on and off... it is listed as being added later in the MY.
It's funny because some of the people that ordered GXP or base Solstice hope that theirs doesn't get built untill the height adjusted seats are available. I'll take my GXP with or without seat height adjusters. But I'm 5'8" so I really don't need it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
Hi deluke.....We had several threads discussing the "ramp up" of production of the Sky. I seem to remember that it originally came from Bob Lutz. I'm really old so maybe my memory is having its daily senior moment.
Yes,there was ramp up in the beginning but that is done with by now. It didn't last that long with the Sky.

You are correct, there was at one time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eye on Sky said:
What is the present tally for the SKY 2007 model year?
Total Production Sky 2007: 4,430 :thumbs:
Total Production Sol 2006: 21,273
Total Production Sol 2007: 440

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
O.K. interim, you know what I ment. Sorry about using the wrong word.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks for total C20Let50

As of June there are 4430 Skys built. Plus 1125 were built in June. If July thru December production remains or drops to 900 a month even wouldn't the whole 10,000 production run for 2007 be done?

I have seen post that the 2007 model year would run till July 2007. Again I will ask if the model year was set at 10000, and those numbers can be easily be attained by Dec. Will January start 2008 model year? Or is the Sky 2007 production going to be 17-18k as numbers would indicate if model year runs til July 2007.

People have said this is the way it is without clarifing the obvious.

1.10000 Skys will be built by December 2006.

2. No one has claimed that the 10000 number has been upped for the 2007 model year.

3. These numbers have been plain to see since the start of production.

Could someone clarify this without just saying this is the way it is. Show me how it works.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts