Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone producted production numbers for the Sky to the end of the month yet? Are we at full production?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
rick112 said:
Has anyone producted production numbers for the Sky to the end of the month yet? Are we at full production?

Don't quote me on this, but I thought I recently read in another post on this forum that the Skys were at full production, 3 shifts.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Don't quote me on this, but I thought I recently read in another post on this forum that the Skys were at full production, 3 shifts.
They have been running 3 shifts since early December.
By full production what do you mean? 100% SKY; or at full output but as some kind of Sol/SKY mix?
I am sure both cars are still being made...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
By full production what do you mean? 100% SKY; or at full output but as some kind of Sol/SKY mix?

Hey Rick...this is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious...what status code are you sittin' at right now? Have you checked recently? I was planning on calling my dealer tomorrow, when they get the consolidated report. :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It is a mixture, I am sure that it is, just don;t know what the ratios are, probably 2 Solstices for each Sky, They still need to catch up on some Solstice orders...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Hey Rick...this is a bit off-topic, but I'm curious...what status code are you sittin' at right now? Have you checked recently? I was planning on calling my dealer tomorrow, when they get the consolidated report. :willy:
I am one of those people who just know they will call me when the car comes in... I may check at the end of the week... I may add the CAI to the order to make sure it is in when I get the car:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
rick112 said:
GM Sales & Prod number for Mar 06.

845 Skys produced during Mar 06.
1262 Total.

·
Registered
176 Posts
3 shifts a day 7 days a week 31 days in march...means little over one car rolling out an hour.boy the union boys are slowing down a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
glock919 said:
3 shifts a day 7 days a week 31 days in march...means little over one car rolling out an hour.boy the union boys are slowing down a lot.
2,097 Solstice units produced in March as well.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nscrbug said:
I'm in Canada. They tell me we don't work that way with codes. What ever. I haven't been preferenced I have no build date and no delivery date. :banghead: All I can do is sit and watch people who ordered cars after me drive away before me. FRUSTRATED!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nscrbug said:
I'm not looking for that. Sorry for any confusion. I want to know how many Skys have been produced since production begain and how many were produced in each month of production.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cerberus said:
GM Sales & Prod number for Mar 06.

845 Skys produced during Mar 06.
1262 Total.
Thanks for the info. Can you say where you got it from?:D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
rick112 said:
Thanks for the info. Can you say where you got it from?:D
It's public investor info from
http://www.gm.com/company/investor_information/sales_prod/
Check the "Production Results by Plant" spreadsheet.
Next monthly update is scheduled for 5/2/06 as indicated
in the "Upcoming sales and production releases" link.
They publish within a minute or two of when they say the will,
so no point in checking off schedule.

Additionally, folks post AutoNews estimates for the week over on the Solstice side
and have been including Sky totals.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14384
I.E. AW's estimate production for week ending 3/25 was 153.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! That was great info!:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts