Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In one of the posts it was mentioned that after the July break, they would start producing GXP, Redlines and Opels exclusively for a period. Is this true?

I am stuck trying to hold off for BlueStone and the height adjustable seats or not. If it means I am not going to get my car until the 4th quarter of this year or early next year I may change my mind.

Does anybody know if Bluestone will be in production after July?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
richmcc said:
In one of the posts it was mentioned that after the July break, they would start producing GXP, Redlines and Opels exclusively for a period. Is this true?

I am stuck trying to hold off for BlueStone and the height adjustable seats or not. If it means I am not going to get my car until the 4th quarter of this year or early next year I may change my mind.

Does anybody know if Bluestone will be in production after July?
I just got off the phone with my Sales Representative. He called me. He stated that they are going to start BlueStone and the Redline around August 5th.

He also said that the Big Giant Jill was there and in a meeting with there sales crew that the Redline will be a significant premium. My sales manager said he thinks that means 5-7k more.

edited He also said that the Big Giant Jill was there and in a Sales Meeting with his team, she was asked the pricing of the redline. She did not give a specific pric,e only to say that the MSRP would be a significant amount over the normal Sky. My manager thought that meant about $5-7k more

I hope that makes more sense!:)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
richmcc said:
I just got off the phone with my Sales Representative. He called me. He stated that they are going to start BlueStone and the Redline around August 5th.

He also said that the Big Giant Jill was there and in a meeting with there sales crew that the Redline will be a significant premium. My sales manager said he thinks that means 5-7k more.
thats odd. Why would big gian jill send out a notice trying to persuaded dealers not to adda premium to the base sky but then turn around and actually discuss a premium for the redline?

sees wierd.

sounds like your sales manager is setting people up to pay a premium already. Was he one of the ones that tried adding premium to the base sky?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Do you mean that the MSRP will be $5-7k of a premium over Sky pricing or that the dealer is going to add a $5-7k premium over MSRP pricing? :confused:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm sure by "premium" he just means that's how much more a redline costs over a base.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usmc said:
thats odd. Why would big gian jill send out a notice trying to persuaded dealers not to adda premium to the base sky but then turn around and actually discuss a premium for the redline?

sees wierd.

sounds like your sales manager is setting people up to pay a premium already. Was he one of the ones that tried adding premium to the base sky?
Sorry, for the confusion. What Jill was saying was that MSRP for the Sky Redline would be a considerable Premium over the SKY. Not that Sky Redline was going to be marked up over MSRP :eek:

BTW usmc, it was Mark from SR that I was talking to. He also said that in town North of SR (begins with an H) Saturn Corporate is setup and flying the media out to test drive Sky in the surronding Hills.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
richmcc said:
Sorry, for the confusion. What Jill was saying was that MSRP for the Sky Redline would be a considerable Premium over the SKY. Not that Sky Redline was going to be marked up over MSRP :eek:

BTW usmc, it was Mark from SR that I was talking to. He also said that in town North of SR (begins with an H) Saturn Corporate is setup and flying the media out to test drive Sky in the surronding Hills.
ya, Gayager, on this forum posted that he was at the H dealership and saw the redline and took pics. He's supposed to post them soon. H is only about 20 mins from me but I haven't had time to go up there. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a redline flying by!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
I would also like to know when the production stops for the 2007 Sky and starts for the 2008 Sky.
That will be next year during the 2007 July plant shutdown.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts