Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my salesman a few days ago and he said that they are seeing an increase in Sky production. They are getting more vehicles in more quickly. He estimated that my car could be delivered in just a few months from now instead of March 2007, which was the original estimate.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I put $1000 down for the Redline on June 26th. I was told that I was #5 on the list at my dealership. Two weeks ago... July 13th my rep told me that the first 3 had already been "imaged". He told me that mine should be "imaged soon". What's the time frame from "image" to delivery?:confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
akinmb said:
I put $1000 down for the Redline on June 26th. I was told that I was #5 on the list at my dealership. Two weeks ago... July 13th my rep told me that the first 3 had already been "imaged". He told me that mine should be "imaged soon". What's the time frame from "image" to delivery?:confused:

I think he was talking about the Base Sky. The only images that came out was this past Thursday and only 31 cars got picked up. This is the first time the Constraint came off of the report.

Here's the post from Sky Spy :

SKY Spy

My Gallery

Constraint Report For TPP 08/14/06 - 08/20/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the week of 08/14/06 - 08/20/06 here is the CONTRAINTS (word for word)

Launch Vehicle - ZMG67 Sky Convertible Redline - 11%* (% Of Nat'l Allocation Qty.) - GREATER Than 4 Weeks -Plant acceleration plan.

Manual Transmission - 30% (% Of Nat'l Allocation Qty.) - LESS Than 4 Weeks - Supplier capacity restriction.

In layman's terms, ONLY 31 REDLINES Allotted and NO MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS for that TPP.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I had some time this afternoon so I stopped my Saturn dealership and had a chat with the Sale Manager. In no particular order here is what I gleaned;

1) Allocations are on a dealership by dealership basis. No grouping to show "high" volume.
2) He was aware of no manual transmissions until at least late Aug.
3) There was a national dealer meeting last week and the G.M. of Saturn would not commit to an increase in volume. Privately she hinted that it was being reviewed.
4) This dealership was expecting no more than 2 units a month, split 60/40 Sky and Sky Redlines.
5) Saturn looks at Redlines as an option package, not another Sky line.
6) The dealership sold their demo since they have sold out their projected allocation into the spring.
7) They aren't even taking orders for Skys for a couple months.
8) I am number 6 at the dealership. None of the 5 above me has been picked up yet.
9) The dealership showed 1 unit in stock (white with tan roof and black/tan leather, automatic, spoiler - looked REALLY good!!!) and 3 in transit through the end of August.
10) Assuming 5 speeds come off of restriction my Redline MIGHT get picked up in Sept-Oct. Maybe!!
11) At the dealer meeting everybody the S.M. spoke with said that NO Redlines had been picked up yet.
12) At the Solstice convention here in K.C., I spoke with one of the engineers from GM and he said that GM did not want to have another FIERO disaster with the Kappas. That is to say that GM saw high initial demand for the Fiero and dramtically ramped up production and created a glut of product. So if there IS a production increase it will be modest.
13) The dealership is telling prospective Sky buyers to expect to wait until spring for any newly ordered units.

So, there you go - doom and gloom. Maybe this is why dealerships are buying used Skys on ebay!!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
:eek: :banghead: :eek::banghead: :eek: Not great news.... UGH...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
snaponbob said:
I had some time this afternoon so I stopped my Saturn dealership and had a chat with the Sale Manager. In no particular order here is what I gleaned;

2) He was aware of no manual transmissions until at least late Aug.

Is this just on Redlines or all Skys?????:confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
There have been 31 Red Line orders that have been picked up which was this past thursday. And Ernest and InlineforaRedLine is another, there were 2 forum members out of the 31.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think my dealership probably overestimated the wait for my car. I suspect they are just now starting to get a clearer picture of the fall and that is why they are shaving 5 months off my estimated delivery.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow, I feel so fortunate to have picked up a base model. Holding on to my Redline order but sounds like I will be driving this model well into next year...and based on the fun I'm having not sure if I will trade, if and when my Red Line comes through. Drives sweet, no problems and a real conversation starter.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ernest said:
When say ordered, 05/15/06, is that your Preliminary Order date?
Yes, 5/15/06 is the date I placed my order and put down my deposit. The order has not yet been imaged. Up until this month, my salesman was able to tell me where I am on the waiting list. Now he tells me that he can no longer get that information, but that my order should be in in just a few months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
5 Speed Constraint

Does anyone know why there is a "supplier capacity restriction" on the 5 speed? Are they making changes to it since the plant shutdown?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I talked to my sales lady yesterday and was told the same thing about the stepped up production.

I was told I was second on the dealer list. Put my $500 down on May 28th.

Just waiting.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm not positive but it could be because the second asembly line is finished. They were almost done with it before the July break.

And this is they assembly only ! Not another Kappa platform.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
SkyHighinTX said:
Yes, 5/15/06 is the date I placed my order and put down my deposit. The order has not yet been imaged. Up until this month, my salesman was able to tell me where I am on the waiting list. Now he tells me that he can no longer get that information, but that my order should be in in just a few months.
When you got your preliminary order in, you should have got an Order # from the GM DelearWorld Workbench, you should be Evt Code 1102. Ask your dealer for a copy of the order, he should be more than happy to print one for you.:thumbs:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ernest said:
When you got your preliminary order in, you should have got an Order # from the GM DelearWorld Workbench, you should be Evt Code 1102. Ask your dealer for a copy of the order, he should be more than happy to print one for you.:thumbs:

Some dealers are not giving out the order number from the DealerWorld workbench. Mine, in particular, has told me on multiple occasions that the information in DealerWorld is for dealerships and the customer does not need it.

This week he told me that he doesn't even have access to that information anymore due to changes in the computer system. For that reason, he can not even tell me what number I am on the waiting list. He only told me that my car would be in sooner than originally expected--maybe even within a couple months.

My salesman has been great to work with otherwise. The dealership is not charging over MSRP and they are only asking for a $500 deposit. They have promised me that they will not add any optional equipment unless I request it from them.

I am frustrated that some dealerships seem to be much more open with information about the orders than mine, but in the scheme of things it really doesn't matter too much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts