Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recent purchase of a 2007 Sky Base came with a single key and no fob. If I buy 3 new fobs and 2 uncut keys off Ebay, can I program them myself? I really don't want to pay for a special service if I don't have to.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
You can do the keys yourself, as long as you have one working key.

For the fobs you need a programmer. Dorman sells one that is good for a limited number of times, and it usually seems to work.
The alternative to that is a dealer, or someone with a Tech2 or equivalent diagnostic tool.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
John,

Do you know if HPtuners has this capability as well?
I do not know, but the last time I checked (a year or so ago) the indications were that it could not.
Since I have a Tech2, and do not have HP Tuners, I haven't seriously investigated it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When i bought my sky, i had the same thing, 1 key... but a working fob as well. I bought two more fobs and keys of ebay (i think for about $50) and then took it to the local lock smith shop who cut the two keys and programmed both fobs for another ($70). I think the dealership wanted twice that much at the time. Check with a local locksmith.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had it in mind to check my local locksmith. Now reading it from you, firms-up the idea.

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
Also check with local independent mechanics, and even your dealers. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just did this with my Elantra and a Doorman fob/programmer kit. Worked flawless and is the exact same programming procedure.
There is a Youtube video for Sky's also.
Takes only a few minutes and the module gives you ONLY 3 different plug-in-times MAX.
Plugs right into your ODBII port. $55 off Ebay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts