Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I placed my deposit I was told I was 27 on the list for the five dealers (all the same group). Today I had to get my SC2 serviced and checked and now I am #13!!!:thumbs:

2 months to get half way. Hopefully the next two months will go by fast!:willy:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
When I placed my deposit I was told I was 27 on the list for the five dealers (all the same group). Today I had to get my SC2 serviced and checked and now I am #13!!!:thumbs:

2 months to get half way. Hopefully the next two months will go by fast!:willy:
Oh, misery! But there is hope! You've moved and we'll keep our fingers crossed and think good thoughts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi--over the weekend I placed an order for a Sky at a Northeast dealer.

Told me the dealer was allocated 22 Skys for the year....16 already sold. I'm the 17th--but I'm 8th on the list. They told me the wait would be 3-6 months.

I'm figuring 6 montrhs because he said orders move up "about every 2 weeks"--and from what I read here its pretty much 2 months from Image to Delivery.

I hear GM is ramping up the Wilmington plant, though, I'm wondering if you think my guesstimate is right.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Stay the Course!

:cheers: Have hope. In January my dealer called telling me they were getting 10 cars. I was #9 on the list. "Feel good" my salesman told me, "You are guaranteed a car!" I did feel good, but when I found that #9 most likely would not image until July/August... I was disappointed. Still, I decided to stay the course. On March 23, 2006 my dealer called. "Rick, if you are willing to give up the chrome wheels, we can order your car now!" It was meant to be as I had just begun to question the chrome wheels as I liked the way the painted match the windshield frame, the seat backer strip and the shifter box inside. I told him to go ahead and Mr. #9 became Mr. #4!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rick, I have been watching your progress because you are also getting yellow. I remember when you were thinking July/Aug timeframe getting your car. But now you are really close and it's only June. So I'm hoping that I will get mine sometime in Aug. I am really interested in seeing what you think of the yellow once you get it. Haven't seen one in person yet but one day one day!

·
Registered
337 Posts

ALL YOURS RM!

Enjoy :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rick, thanks for the encouragement. I think my dealer is being pretty honest with his estimates. He also said there ARE order cancellations because the Sky can be an impulse order for some people. People who really do need a back seat, etc.

RM, the ONLY Sky I've seen near where I live was a Yellow one. Gotta tell you, I am NOT a Yellow Color fan at all BUT this car looked awesome. If you even remotely like that color --you will LOVE this car.

The Sky is such a great looking car--you can take a color you really don't like and it STILL looks great.

Good luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
One other question for you guys.

I orderd a Silver Pearl/Red Black Leather. Did not order Chrome. I'm thinking with Silver Pearl I'm OK that way. But having some doubts. Do you think I'll regret not getting the chrome? I still have a ways to go before Imaging

Thanks!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Silver Pearl and Non-Chrome

Personally, I think the standard rims look better on the Silver Pearl car. The color of the rims almost matches exactly the color of the paint. If I got a black car I'd go with chrome for sure. But not with Slver Pearl - Standard Rims all the way...

Check it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
JD,

That is SO great to hear. Its EXACTLY my thinking. I was having doubts after seeing how totally cool the Car looks in other colors with Chrome and I COMPLETELY agree with you that Black HAS to have Chrome.

I feel a lot better since I ordered the exact Exterior you have. I trust you think I'll be happy.

You have a beautiful car.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
JD, One other question. Since we are on the exact same page with respect to the Silver Pearl and Black, let me ask you another question.

My son thinks the Silver Graphite is better than the Pearl and that the Graphite must have chrome. Help me gang up on him! Tell me the Silver Pearl is the best color. I figure--why would Saturn plaster your car over every advertisement if THEY didn't agree with us?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Why I Like Silver Pearl

First of all, I've been seeing the car in Silver Pearl with Red/Black since the Vauxhall Lightning prototype. For me, there was no other way to go. I used to live in Alaska, and I found that my silver Bonneville did a great job of hiding road grime. My wife had a black Saturn VUE, and it showed every spec and splatter. I fear that Silver Graphite would do the same. Not that I am advocating driving around in a dirty SKY by any means...

My color preferences for the SKY were:

Silver Pearl w/ Red&Black (First Choice)
Black with w/Red&Black and Chrome Wheels (Second Choice)
Silver Graphite w/Red&Black (Third Choice)

I guess I am just sort of a monochromatic guy (except on the inside.)

What I DO like about the Graphite is the fact that the accent strips around the windshield and behind the cockpit are in the lighter silver - I think that two-toning looks really sharp. With a Silver Pearl everything is that lighter silver color - and I guess I like that, too.

What sold me on the Silver Pearl was seeing the car in person. Look at this picture and see how the silver picks up a different tone based on its angle in relation to the sun. It highlights every sharp edge on the car, making a nice contrast between the vertical and horizontal surfaces and all angles in-between. I'm sure this is why Saturn chose this color for all its publicity shots, as there is no color like Silver Graphite for emphasizing every line, every curve, every angle on the Sky. And with a car that has lines as perfectly sculpted as the SKY, you want to emphasize those lines. The SKY photographs impeccably (I am a former professional automobile photographer) from just about every possible angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
SkyBos said:

I orderd a Silver Pearl/Red Black Leather. Did not order Chrome. I'm thinking with Silver Pearl I'm OK that way. But having some doubts. Do you think I'll regret not getting the chrome? I still have a ways to go before Imaging

Thanks!
I don't know if you will regret it or not. But I do know that I did the same thing. The only Sky I've seen in person was the chili pepper red that I test drove at the dealer. It had chrome wheels and looked great. I liked the red but the wife thinks the silver pearl looks better because of the windshield frame and trunk is trimmed in silver pearl. I was told that chrome was not available at the time of the test drive so I went with the painted wheels. I think they look good on the silver pearl. And what the heck, we saved $2000.

·
Registered
141 Posts
JD, great observation and awesome pictures. I think the Silver Pearl may be the only Sky I actually prefer without the Chrome. Your pix really tell the story..thanks!

Gary, good point but the basic Chrome upgrade you see in most of the pictures here is $795. For THAT price its worth considering. But I agree with JD--for the Black Sky the Chrome at that price is a must. For the Silver Pearl I think you can go either way.

·
Registered
388 Posts
SkyBos said:

Thanks!
I went through the same doubts. I have seen both the silver graphite and silver pearl with red/black leather. The silver graphite is beautiful and seems more "classy". IMO it looked better with the chrome rims. We decided with the silver pearl because I thought it looked better with the red/black leather. Painted or chrome rims depend on what you want to emphasize. Like "JD" said, the painted rims do match the car beautifully if you want that look. IMO I thought the chrome rims looked better because they added "bling" and it brought out the chrome accents of the car. Ask "Ernest"- he's got one. Either way no matter what you order it will look beautiful. :D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
moni6 said:
I went through the same doubts. I have seen both the silver graphite and silver pearl with red/black leather. The silver graphite is beautiful and seems more "classy". IMO it looked better with the chrome rims. We decided with the silver pearl because I thought it looked better with the red/black leather. Painted or chrome rims depend on what you want to emphasize. Like "JD" said, the painted rims do match the car beautifully if you want that look. IMO I thought the chrome rims looked better because they added "bling" and it brought out the chrome accents of the car. Ask "Ernest"- he's got one. Either way no matter what you order it will look beautiful. :D
Either way the Silvrprl/Red is eyecatching, however the Chrome Wheel really add to the overall eyecatching appearance, expecially under night light conditions, it really helps acentuate the Slvrprl under those conditons. My opininion though, either way you will be turning heads. I am old, bald, grey and expanded and I get stares while driving etc, so you know it has to be the SKY.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
SkyBos said:
JD, great observation and awesome pictures. I think the Silver Pearl may be the only Sky I actually prefer without the Chrome. Your pix really tell the story..thanks!

Gary, good point but the basic Chrome upgrade you see in most of the pictures here is $795. For THAT price its worth considering. But I agree with JD--for the Black Sky the Chrome at that price is a must. For the Silver Pearl I think you can go either way.
SkyBos - Your right about the price. I went back to the Saturn web site and looked again. There are two chrome wheel options. One is 18" chrome-plated flangless alloy wheels for $795. The other is 18" cast chrome wheel for $2023. Whats the difference in the two?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts