Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lot of rain on Thurs, found a puddle of water around the gearshift. It looked like most of the top seal was leaking. The trunk seal is poking out all around when the top is down. Some please tell me that you have had this issue and new seals resolved it.
I'm really starting to question the quality of workmanship on this car, even though I love it.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I have never had any problems with any of my seals YET. It sounds like you need to take her back into the dealership and have them replaced.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Mine is in the shop today because it rained over the weekend and the top seal didn't do its job. Had water dripping from just left of center to steering column. I'll post the results of the trip to the shop when I have more info.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I know no one wants this type of problem, but I think it happens sometimes with convertibles. As long as the service people fix it...I would think it is acceptable. :confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
First year cars

SKY SCRPR said:
I'm really starting to question the quality of workmanship on this car, even though I love it.
SKY SCRPR,

I don't want to criticize you, but buying a first years car everybody should know, that more or less problems will happen. Qualitiy in parts (diff seal), quality in process (yellow painting), quality in mounting parts on the line (gaps between the different parts of bodywork) and so on.

Next point I think Pontiac/Saturn had not so much experience in small rag tops (?).
Some people even say that rag tops never are 100% waterproof.

If you want to avoid/minimize such problems you should buy a "longer in the market car" for example MX5, Z4, S2000, Boxter. These cars give similar fun in driving and they are more developed. The MX5 is running for about 16 years now.
If you want to change, change immediately and you will loose no/little money in this situation of demand. If not live with changing low quality parts (most by warranty) until all weaknesses are gone.

From a german point of view it's no fun waiting such a long time getting the cars over here, but the benefit is the chance that some/most of the problems are solved and getting a better developed car.:thumbs:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I live in upstate NY where we have had a very wet Spring. Most of the time my top has been up, and I have not had one drop of water in the interior. The Raggtopp protectant works great as well.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Same puddle Friday night and again Saturday morning when I got up to go to the dealer. They ordered a new molding, and I'm dropping the car off tomorrow after work. I will update next time we get huge rains.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Puddle of water around gearshift & driver seat-twice

I took mine in for the same problem, dealer could not delicate leak. - Heavy rain cause the leak-
If the Roof overlapped the windshield ,instead of butting against it, I don't think it would leak at all
I still love the car, just concern about water damaging the transmission & indicators

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
southphillylakes,

did u get yer car at the springfield dealership? When i put my deposit down near the end of may they told me about a yellow one they were expecting in for someone.

·
Registered
354 Posts
southphillylakes,

did u get yer car at the springfield dealership? When i put my deposit down near the end of may they told me about a yellow one they were expecting in for someone

PITCOM

Yes I did buy at Springfield - Winner Saturn-
received it May 31, drove it home almost straight off the trailer.
Did you get Yellow ??

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Nah i ended up getting red. I saw a red one out in West Chester and it looked too good to not get. I haven't actually seen a yellow one in person yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts