Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday evening we picked up my wife's Chili Pepper Red Vue Redline. So far we have been very impressed with the Vue. Very sporty, looks to be good on gas, (the primary reason we bought it) and handles quite well for an SUV.

The dealer said they were not taking anymore orders on the Redline Sky because of availability issues. Since we were purchasing the Vue, I asked them to put me on their list anyway, and I understand they could not promise anything on delivery time. They agreed to do so, so I am number 3 on the Redline list at my dealer. There are about 4 base Sky orders still waiting to be filled by this dealer as well. They did tell me that some people are dropping out because of the long wait. ( I can dream can't I ) They are a small dealer in Central Virginia, so I am certain their allotment is not very large. I think to date they have delivered 10 Skys.

Anyway, at this point all I have is receipt for the deposit. They told me they would let me know when I could place the order and choose options. From what they are telling me, it could be as late as early next year. My questions is, at what point does the dealer place the order? Is it when he receives confirmation of his allotment? Or can he place the order now and it goes in a que at Saturn to be chosen when his allotment becomes available? Also, should I have gotten a receipt with a written understanding that they would not charge over MSRP or tack on additional unwanted extras to the Redline? I never thought of that until I started reading some posts on the how some dealers were marking them up. I thought Saturn was the no hassle/haggle dealership.

Any other items I should look or as for to insure I have a good experience? I can deal with the wait, just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row so there are no surprises at the end. Still trying to pick my color, which is tuff because they all look good IMHO. Thanks in advance for any advice.

The wait begins......

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Thats pretty funny, yes I had to get the Saturn Guard on the Vue, that was no haggle as well, no problem though. If you are 2nd at the same dealer, are you DAVIS? Do you work there and we have met, or do you know someone at the dealer? I see you have a order number, can you give the details of how your transaction worked. Also, do you know of any groups or clubs for the Kappa cars in our area, if not, would you be interested in starting one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts