Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Opel GT hasn't even begun production yet. The Sky Redline which the Opel GT is based off of hasn't started production yet either. When they go into poduction then you'll start seeing parts.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Luxury vehicle

I can't wait until the Opel GT officially goes into production so I can buy the grill insert and switch it with the Saturn one.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You want to take the Saturn badge off and add the Opel one?

You guys have alot of pride in the company you are buying from.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I think I will take off all the saturn emblems and replace them with Chevy bowties and put Stingray emblems on it ....... makes more sense than putting Opel emblems on it...:jester:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SaturnSkyDude said:
View attachment 1642

I can't wait until the Opel GT officially goes into production so I can buy the grill insert and switch it with the Saturn one.
Now, I will say this... if you do swap the logos then you better have a Redline because having that marque of Opel means that you are insinuating you have the more powerful 260 HP version of the car... I equate this to someone who puts the M-Power or M3 badges on their baseline 3-Series BMW.

Granted few people will be savy enough to know that the Opel is the faster cousin, but if I saw it on a Sky and then saw only one exhaust id display a marque of my own to you.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
With what Saturn has been doing with their product line, I have no problem with the Saturn badging. The Aura and the Outlook are great designs. I'd consider purchasing either of them.:thumbs:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Leaving my all SATURN! I'm proud this thing is a Saturn and I can't wait to tell people 'yep it's a Saturn' If I DID replace the emblems I would just put GM. If 177 HP doesn't feel like enough to me (i keep having dreams about the Sky being very very slow) I will put the aftermarket turbo on it and get the RL's 'turbo' badge.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I will probably be de-badging, but not re-badging with anything.

You are going to add Opel badging to be exclusive? In a limited production car? Do whatever you want it's your car, but you're reaching pretty hard.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I was thinking about doing it just beacuse I like the lightning bolt. It looks awesome on the front of the car. It has nothing to do with disliking or being ashamed of Saturn.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1994SC2 said:
Now, I will say this... if you do swap the logos then you better have a Redline because having that marque of Opel means that you are insinuating you have the more powerful 260 HP version of the car... I equate this to someone who puts the M-Power or M3 badges on their baseline 3-Series BMW.
Yeah that would be lame, unless you boost your Sky ;)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
from the looks it looks like you cant take the saturn badges off the inside piece and rear bumper cause it looks like the body molds up 2 the logo unlike other cars..? just what i have noticed?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm going to be doing decal overlays on the saturn badges. They will still be saturn logos but will be silver and black instead of silver/chrome and red. The front bage will be really easy, you just have to slip a black decal under the chrom saturn logo and over the red backround, should be pretty simple.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
DarkkstaR said:
I hope you're joking :)
Yes i was joking hense the:jester: ... I think changing the Emblem is a stupid Idea anyway, Most people in this country have never heard of Opel, they haven't been sold here since the late 70's or early 80's. I love the look on people's faces when you tell them it's a Saturn... besides I think the Opel emblem reminds me of a comic book character, remember "The Flash"?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
reedred said:
I was thinking about doing it just beacuse I like the lightning bolt. It looks awesome on the front of the car. It has nothing to do with disliking or being ashamed of Saturn.
:agree:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts