Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When handwashing my SKY, whats the best cleaner for chrome rims? I'am having problems getting dried water spots off. The water in my town STINKS.:banghead: Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sonus makes a good wheel cleaner. Strong, yet gentle on those chromies.

·
Registered
540 Posts
moni6 said:
Sonus makes a good wheel cleaner. Strong, yet gentle on those chromies.
Mothers chrome cleaner - Got the tip from a fellow forum member right here and the stuff works great :thumbs:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks girl. Good to know. :thumbs:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SkyHi07 said:
Blow them off with a leaf blower, then MOTHERS!
I know, I had to do that the other day on the grill. It holds so much water in there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know this sounds stupid, but when I had "tarnish" on my stainless steel grill, the best thing I found was something called Bar Keeper's Friend. It is a marvelous product that claims to clean chrome as well. I swear by it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Myth Busters

:D
If any of you have seen the show on Discovery Channel, "Myth Busters" one of the episodes confirmed that Coke, the soft drink and a piece of aluminum foil shinned chrome better then mothers...a whole lot cheaper..It even brings back the gloss on chrome.

TulsaSky
:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I found the absolute, best cleaner to get my rims sparking like new with out having to do any scrubbing or buffing:

My son.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Next time, and this is a pain in the butt, use distilled water to clean the wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you are going to a car wash bay away from your home or perhaps don't want to worry about buying/carrying an extra cleaner -- I agree that Window cleaner works just fine on the chrome wheels and the chromeastic accents on the car. Its not the best granted, buts its a good choice for a quick shine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Lil GTO said:
you might want to try something like this: http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/mrclean/home.do which has a filter cartridge that you plug in for the rinse.
:agree:

This thing works so well I could kick myself for not inventing it! It is cheap also even though you have to buy the cartridges. One cartridge is $5.95 but will do ten rinses. The car wash soap that Mr. clean makes is also pretty good. Walmart has the "pro" Mr. Clean kit (with case) for $24.

·
Registered
151 Posts
jdigiant said:
I found the absolute, best cleaner to get my rims sparking like new with out having to do any scrubbing or buffing:

My son.
When it comes to washing/cleaning my Sky, I won't let my kids touch it with a ten foot pole! :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
When it comes to washing/cleaning my Sky, I won't let my kids touch it with a ten foot pole! :D
I wish I had a kid to wash my car! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
jdigiant said:

My son.
That is the best way but can take hours to do all the time.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Mitchell said:
When handwashing my SKY, whats the best cleaner for chrome rims? I'am having problems getting dried water spots off. The water in my town STINKS.:banghead: Thanks
Mother's makes a great chrome wheel cleaning spray. It's almost embarrassing that it's so shiny afterwards. Really, really good. After I dry them and go through it with Q-tips, yes... Q-tips. Anyway, I drive around the block after I dry them, pull up in the sun (because I wash my car in the covered parking at my condo so the water spots dont dry up from the sun) and then I go over them one more time and WHAM!!!! They are so flippin shiny, you need shades just to look! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts