Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting the top up tonight, I noticed a something that I never noticed before. Take a look at the attached picture - it's on the driver's side door trim, I believe it's part of the black weatherstriping. It's not on the passenger side... does anyone else have this on their car or is mine a defect? I already have to take it back to the dealer Thursday to have an interior panel reinstalled and the stainless steel "SATURN" trim on the driver's side repaired as it is loose and starting to pop off. If this trim is defective, I will let the service department know about it too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Putting the top up tonight, I noticed a something that I never noticed before. Take a look at the attached picture - it's on the driver's side door trim, I believe it's part of the black weatherstriping. It's not on the passenger side... does anyone else have this on their car or is mine a defect? I already have to take it back to the dealer Thursday to have an interior panel reinstalled and the stainless steel "SATURN" trim on the driver's side repaired as it is loose and starting to pop off. If this trim is defective, I will let the service department know about it too.
Id just take a fingernail or a flat piece of paper and flip "out" that small lip that is trapped under the door. I saw that on my passenger side the other day, it just got tucked in probably from my last trip to the carwash, just untuck it and you should be fine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id just take a fingernail or a flat piece of paper and flip oy that small lip that is trapped under the door. I saw that on my passenger side the other day, it just got tucked in probably from my last trip to the carwash, just untuck it and you should be fine.
Thanks 1994SC2... the wife's business card wasn't working, so I took my fingernail and did exactly as you said. One less service department complaint now for Thursday!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Me too

Both of mine were that way when delivered. I lifted the edge, to straighten them out, and they have been fine ever since. I think they come that way from the factory. It's easy to miss.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry I am laughing at myself as well...
I wonder how many "defects" like this (and no one is making a big deal out of this; I understand) may have STILL been on a recent trade in we’ve made (there from the date of delivery). It kinda shows how obsessed we are -- going over the car with a fine toothed comb...

:willy:
Yeah -- I will too!:willy:
:willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I would say the reason for that is because many of us have never bought an impractical car before. This car isn't the get the kiddies to the football game car. This car is just for fun. And when you pay that much for what is for lack of a better description a toy you pay more attention to it.

I guess it's like getting a very high end sports car for someone who can afford it. You're on a waiting list (some of us for a year). Then someone give you the nod and you get one. :willy:

·
Registered
251 Posts
For some reason that has happened on mine several times already but I am able to fix it with just my fingernail. :cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Even my Porsche has some window seal pop up right after I first got it, shoved it back in and it had been fine ever since. So no different on a $100K car.

·
Registered
438 Posts
rick112 said:
I would say the reason for that is because many of us have never bought an impractical car before. This car isn't the get the kiddies to the football game car. This car is just for fun. And when you pay that much for what is for lack of a better description a toy you pay more attention to it.

I guess it's like getting a very high end sports car for someone who can afford it. You're on a waiting list (some of us for a year). Then someone give you the nod and you get one. :willy:

Actually I do take my son to soccer and baseball in the SKY...the kids love when we show up!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts