Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not yet been able to view a Sky in person, and my question is, could a guy who's 6'3, around 280, be comfy or even fit in a Sky???

Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am 6'2 and 240 and sit ok. I do have a little trouble getting in with the top up since it is a low car. Getting my left leg in the door is a task. But, once I am in, I am ok.

You will have to sit in the car yourself, because it is the length of your legs that can make a difference. Total height can be the same of two different people, but their actual leg length can differ. :thumbs:

Try to see if a local dealer will let you sit in one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm 6-2, 200#.
I fit but I wouldn't say there is a lot of room to spare.
My recommendation is to sit in one before you buy one.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Find a SOlstice at a Pontiac dealership and see if you fit in that. Same interior and top so if you fit you know you'll fit in a Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I'm 6'3", 330 Lbs. 32" inseam and I fit. Snug but I fit comfortably. I have not driven one yet but I will get the chance in about 1 month... :thumbs: Attached are pictures of me in it...

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes you do look good in it...............i'm 6 foot, 180, so no problem for me either...........:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll try the car out if the dealer EVER has one long enough to try it. :rolleyes:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I agree with Brentil....:thumbs: .. find a solstice.... and... DRIVE...DRIVE..DRIVE..... and see how comfy it is..... there is very little difference between the interior size of both of these cars...... i think i am going to need a BOOK... to sit on... but that is a whole nother problem..:eek: .. i am way too short.....:confused: . but.... cant wait.... PLEASE SEND PICS........EVEN IN THE SOLSTICE.....seems we all cant get enough of the pics of these cars.. BOTH OF THEM....... HAVE A BLAST DRIVING....:D ..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SKY Spy said:
I'm 6'3", 330 Lbs. 32" inseam and I fit. Snug but I fit comfortably. I have not driven one yet but I will get the chance in about 1 month... :thumbs: Attached are pictures of me in it...

Regards,

Im glad you posted cause my hubby is 6'1" and is your exact weight. He was at work when I went on the test drive and am worried that he will only be a passenger. I'm thinking his tum tum will rub on the steering wheel. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Im glad you posted cause my hubby is 6'1" and is your exact weight. He was at work when I went on the test drive and am worried that he will only be a passenger. I'm thinking his tum tum will rub on the steering wheel. What do you think?
There was plenty of space between my "tum tum" and the steering wheel. My only gripe is that, even with the sterring wheel tilted all the way up, the wheel still block some of the gauges for me... :banghead: but I can deal with that. If I get to buy me the RedLine I'm in line for, I will find the way to make the seat go down further into the cab or maybe even remove some padding from the seat to get me further down into the SKY!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
388 Posts
The salesperson at our dealership was 6'4 and he fit. He did have some problem hitting his head when he got out when the top was up. That's not going to stop him from getting one he said. My husband is 6'1 with a long torso, and he had 1 1/2" clearance from the top.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I agree with Brentil....:thumbs: .. find a solstice.... and... DRIVE...DRIVE..DRIVE..... and see how comfy it is..... there is very little difference between the interior size of both of these cars...... i think i am going to need a BOOK... to sit on... but that is a whole nother problem..:eek: .. i am way too short.....:confused: . but.... cant wait.... PLEASE SEND PICS........EVEN IN THE SOLSTICE.....seems we all cant get enough of the pics of these cars.. BOTH OF THEM....... HAVE A BLAST DRIVING....:D ..... SkyBaby-07
How tall are you? My wife is 5' even and she has no problem at all driving my SOlstice. If I remember correctly the seats are on inclining rails that get slightly higher the closer you get. The adjustable steeringwheel is very handy as well.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SKY Spy said:
There was plenty of space between my "tum tum" and the steering wheel. My only gripe is that, even with the sterring wheel tilted all the way up, the wheel still block some of the gauges for me... :banghead: but I can deal with that. If I get to buy me the RedLine I'm in line for, I will find the way to make the seat go down further into the cab or maybe even remove some padding from the seat to get me further down into the SKY!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

Thank you dear, apreciate the imput :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Thank you dear, apreciate the imput :thumbs:
Not a problem!!! :cheers:

Regards,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts