Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have an order #, just wondering at what point did you get it? More specifically, do you get an order # when the Saturn dealership places the order, or when GM accepts, or at some other point in time??? I put my deposit down a 1.5 weeks ago on a redline.....just emailed my dealer today...he said it was ordered but he doesn't have an order # yet. Wasn't sure if this sounded right or not.......

Did your dealer give you an order # or did you have to ask for it?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looking for the same answer.....

HoldHard

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Those of you who have an order #, just wondering at what point did you get it? More specifically, do you get an order # when the Saturn dealership places the order, or when GM accepts, or at some other point in time??? I put my deposit down a 1.5 weeks ago on a redline.....just emailed my dealer today...he said it was ordered but he doesn't have an order # yet. Wasn't sure if this sounded right or not.......

Did your dealer give you an order # or did you have to ask for it?
You get an order number when the dealer actually places the order into the VOM's computer system, but most dealers do not do this until they actually have an open allocation from gm.

My guess is it will not be big deal at this point in time since they just raised the price, the odds of another price increase requiring price protection via an order is probably fairly slim. Having the order placed into the system will not get the the dealer an allocation any faster.

Oh and welcome to the Saturn Sky waiting lounge, grab a number, a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and join the conversation. :)
I would also point out the number you pulled is about 2,900 and the sign on the wall says now serving #8 :lol:

We can't get your Sky any faster but the conversation is nice, and the people in the lounge are great.:thumbs:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our sales manager entered our preliminary order in the system as soon as we handed over the deposit and then gave us a copy. That was the end of June, and we've seen two price increases since then. Guess this is another one of those "differences in dealer practices", but I think you would be safer if you had an order number. Covers the bases.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My dealer gave me an order number at the same time as the deposit (a few days later) Thank goodness they did or I would not be price protected!!!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We put the order in at the time of the deposit and we give the customer, if they want it, a copy of their order as it sits in the GM Dealer World System with their ORDER # on it... :thumbs:

If you want this you need to ask for this A.S.A.P. :cheers:

Regards,

BA...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts