Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is a diverter valve or some time of boost release valve that can be swapped out with a performance one?

My redline is on order, and I happen to have a Forge 007 performance DV off my last car that sounds oh so sweet. I'd love to be able to use it on the RL.

Thanks, in advance.

I don't know about dates or production codes or anything, they just told me 10-12 weeks,

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
You might also check with the Solstice folks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We discussed this I believe over at solsticeforum and the consensus was that with as high a boost you are dealing with and already 260 engine and 248 rwhp, would any gains be beneficial or would they adversly affect the balance in the GM engineered system. (can't find it right now)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We discussed this I believe over at solsticeforum and the consensus was that with as high a boost you are dealing with and already 260 engine and 248 rwhp, would any gains be beneficial or would they adversly affect the balance in the GM engineered system. (can't find it right now)
Well, I'm not so much looking for performance gains as I am the smooth sound of turbo release. The Forge 007 is the nicest DV I've ever heard, so I'm just curious if there is a replacable DV on the R/L

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
so you would actually possibly mess up your performance just to get the sound of the blow off valve?:willy:

I don't know......You were probably better off buying a base model and then going aftermarket turbo system, than buying a redline. IMO

·
Registered
119 Posts
As a new redline owner Im torn on this one as sometimes I have accidentally hit redline only to be shut down ... not fun ..... however a blown engine as a result of allowig too much revs via some aftermarket part ??? ..... even less fun !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts