Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealers,

Let me make sure I am clear on this. My dealer told me that they have used all their allocations for the year on base skys. I have been first on their RL list since March. Am I correct in thinking that if they have used all their allocations for base skys, that I won't be able to order a RL from them? Are the dealers going to be receiving additional allocations to correspond with the RL roll-out? The dealer has my $1000 deposit and I am wondering if I should move it to another Saturn Dealer. This dealer has been great to me through-out, but I am wondering if I will have to wait until next year to order of they have used up all their allocations for this year and will not get any additional allocations...HELP!:cryin:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Nemesis said:
Dealers,

Let me make sure I am clear on this. My dealer told me that they have used all their allocations for the year on base skys. I have been first on their RL list since March. Am I correct in thinking that if they have used all their allocations for base skys, that I won't be able to order a RL from them? Are the dealers going to be receiving additional allocations to correspond with the RL roll-out? The dealer has my $1000 deposit and I am wondering if I should move it to another Saturn Dealer. This dealer has been great to me through-out, but I am wondering if I will have to wait until next year to order of they have used up all their allocations for this year and will not get any additional allocations...HELP!:cryin:
With the Red Line it's an option not a seperate allocation like the Solstice GXP. It is posible that they will be given more allocation's of the sky when the red line come's out. But any dealer who can get a red line but doesn't is crazy. The constraint will be so high on these you take one when you can get it. I can't see any dealer putting in a base sky when they could have a red line.

But he could put you at the end of the list if he want's. I would check with other dealer's.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I may be talking out of my.. Well, you know -- but I found it interresting that dealers were telling me 10,000 SKYs to be built. Then this shrank to 7,000 after allotments went out. So I am wondering: 7,000 base - up to 3,000 RLs?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I may be talking out of my.. Well, you know -- but I found it interresting that dealers were telling me 10,000 SKYs to be built. Then this shrank to 7,000 after allotments went out. So I am wondering: 7,000 base - up to 3,000 RLs?
I'm pretty sure the figure went back up to 10,000. The Solstice went from 20,000 to 18,000 then back to 20,000. So if this is the case, 4,000 Red Line's. But you are close rick.

There are not going to be many out there, so if a dealer can get one and passes for a base Sky they would have to be crazy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This thread raises an interesting question, though.

Let's say some one comes up and orders a Loaded Red Line.

What are the chances the Dealer kicks down a $25-$26K regular Sky Order
to say a worse place in line...and bumps UP the Red Line since its more money in their pockets?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If I find out that happens, I'm gonna be pissed! :brentil:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still not clear. Is this all the allocations for the year, so I should move on, or is there going to be other allocations to allow for the RL rollout? I hate to move on since I have first on the list since Aug '05 for the base, then switched in March '06 to first on the RL list. I have been with these guys for a long time. If they are going to be getting more allocations, then I should wait, but if they are not, whay sense is there for me to wait if they won't be able to order until next year? Thanks in advance for all the help!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just Called The Dealership

I called the dealership because I was freaking out. The salesperson I have been working with since Aug '05 said that he was under the impression that they would be getting new allocations in real soon, corresponding with the launch of the RL. He said he was going to check with his GM, but that he thought it was going to be real soon (sounded like he was under the impression that it would be at the end of this month or something. He is looking into it and getting back with me.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyBos said:
This thread raises an interesting question, though.

Let's say some one comes up and orders a Loaded Red Line.

What are the chances the Dealer kicks down a $25-$26K regular Sky Order
to say a worse place in line...and bumps UP the Red Line since its more money in their pockets?
My opinion, they should. If they can get the Red Line they would be crazy not to. You don't know when they will get another chance.

I really think the RL should have a seperate allocation like the GXP to be fair. I know alot of you will not like this opinion.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Nemesis said:
I'm still not clear. Is this all the allocations for the year, so I should move on, or is there going to be other allocations to allow for the RL rollout? I hate to move on since I have first on the list since Aug '05 for the base, then switched in March '06 to first on the RL list. I have been with these guys for a long time. If they are going to be getting more allocations, then I should wait, but if they are not, whay sense is there for me to wait if they won't be able to order until next year? Thanks in advance for all the help!
Well you should still be first on the list because the redline is an option. You just have to wait for the constraint to be lifted some percent and hope your order get's picked up. GM decides the allocation and for how many month's that allocation is for, it could be a month a week or 2/3 month's.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I am really tight with my dealer,,, after going through all this. My Sky was also my 5th Saturn from him.

He said he was allocated 7 or 8 Sky's, has 21 people on the list, has delivered 3, Deposits from 14 for the 5 remaining Sky's. He was told he would be guaranteed 2 Red Lines. He has deposits from 4 of us for those two cars.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do the people with deposits fully understand that 14 of them are in line for 5 cars, and that 5 cars is the entire allocation??

This doesn't seem right to me. If the Dealer was up front with these people, why didn't the customers book with a dealer who cars allocated that they could get in line to get.

Unless future changes in allocations come about...there is some one that could be waiting around 3 years. Thats either a rip off by the dealer or stupidity on the part of the customer,.

>>I am really tight with my dealer,,, after going through all this. My Sky was also my 5th Saturn from him.

He said he was allocated 7 or 8 Sky's, has 21 people on the list, has delivered 3, Deposits from 14 for the 5 remaining Sky's. He was told he would be guaranteed 2 Red Lines. He has deposits from 4 of us for those two cars.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Nemesis said:
Dealers,

The fact that thay may have "used-up" all their allocation for this year doesn't mean that all those SKYs have been ordered. It will be up to them to set up your RedLine AMONG all their other SKYs so that, as soon as the RedLine is off constrait yours will go in along with other SKYs. If they don't do it that way then you may be up poop creek. It's up to your dealer to have your RedLine IN the GM System so that when the time comes your RedLine gets picked up by GM. All up to them (the person controling and setting the Priorities on all preliminary orders).

Hope that helps a little... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thats all well and good Spy, but what about the practice of accepting Deposits on cars they know they're not even allocated.

Not just one or 2 cars over allocation but as we've seen in this thread--100%, 200%, 300% of more ABOVE the allocations.

And its not 50 bucks to get the first cars next calendar year--its often $1,000BUCKS deposit!

I think we have a great consumer scam story the Networks might be interested in. Its called selling something you don't have--and have no real chance of getting for a very very long time.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyBos said:
Thats all well and good Spy, but what about the practice of accepting Deposits on cars they know they're not even allocated.

Not just one or 2 cars over allocation but as we've seen in this thread--100%, 200%, 300% of more ABOVE the allocations.

And its not 50 bucks to get the first cars next calendar year--its often $1,000BUCKS deposit!

I think we have a great consumer scam story the Networks might be interested in. Its called selling something you don't have--and have no real chance of getting for a very very long time.
Unfortunately, I have no control of what other dealers do but, to be real, no retailer "knows" for sure how many SKY they have been allocated 100% sure. All the report we get from Dealerworld are just ESTIMATES and nothing else; with that said, as long as the dealer tell the depositing customer that "it maybe sometime early next year" or whatever is applicable when their car will be available for delivery, no one is misleading or, how it's being called around here lately, being screwed by Saturn... :rolleyes: Our "estimate" is 33 SKYs ordered this calendar year but the more other dealers overcharge customers and get turned in to Saturn Corporate by customers, the more SKYs we get allocated... :thumbs: It's all about being up-front with your customers and all will be OK... :cool:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thats interesting. I still think taking deposits on 14 Skys when you're allocated 5 (even if thats an estimate) is a bad business practice.

Even if the dealer said--after say 6 or 7 Deposits--leave $100 and we'll hold a place in line for you for customers 8-through-14--I'd be OK with that.

Thats interesting what you say about Saturn punishing the Dealer/Scalpers who are running the "one-price" strategy right into the ground with this car...thereby killing what made the Saturn experience rank right up with Toyota.

The only thing that makes me nervous as a customer is---if I'm on the Order waiting list--way down on the list past allocation estimates--I'll be waiting even LONGER if Saturn is punishing my dealer for mark-ups on the Sky!! (fair to say if my dealer is taking $1,000 bills for cars way way beyond his allocation, it may increase the chance he's a shady dealer). So as a consumer--I'm double screwed.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyBos said:
Thats interesting. I still think taking deposits on 14 Skys when you're allocated 5 (even if thats an estimate) is a bad business practice.

Even if the dealer said--after say 6 or 7 Deposits--leave $100 and we'll hold a place in line for you for customers 8-through-14--I'd be OK with that.

Thats interesting what you say about Saturn punishing the Dealer/Scalpers who are running the "one-price" strategy right into the ground with this car...thereby killing what made the Saturn experience rank right up with Toyota.

The only thing that makes me nervous as a customer is---if I'm on the Order waiting list--way down on the list past allocation estimates--I'll be waiting even LONGER if Saturn is punishing my dealer for mark-ups on the Sky!! (fair to say if my dealer is taking $1,000 bills for cars way way beyond his allocation, it may increase the chance he's a shady dealer). So as a consumer--I'm double screwed.
The rumor on the Solstice forum was they GM was punishing the dealer's that charged over MSRP. But there was no proof that this was true at all. I don't think it will happen with the Sky either. My opinion.

These dealership's are independently owned, GM can't make them do anything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
BIG difference.

Pontiac sells at a SUGGESTED retail price. Dealers can charge WHATEVER they want....at, below, way below, or ABOVE MSRP.

Saturn is much different. It's ONE PRICE..no less, no more. That is a huge appeal for customers. They know they're paying what everyone else paid.

Saturn has every right to allocate Skys in any way they want to Dealers. And Dealers who sell ABOVE the Price are violating the agreement they have with Saturn and GM.

I think Sky Spy is probably rigth when he says Saturn is punishing those who violate the rules.

As I said, Pontiac can charge $5K above stocker for the Solstice, just as they're free to sell G6's for 3K UNDER sticker...its their choice with that brand and every other GM brand EXCEPT Saturn.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts