Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... anyone have any info about Sol/Sky deck mount luggage racks?

:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've heard aftermarket is working on it, but nothing has hit the market yet!

HTH

·
Registered
155 Posts
ew! sorry this isn't a minivan. if storage is your concern don't get the sky.. and racks will totally kill this car's looks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
skyguy85 said:
ew! sorry this isn't a minivan. if storage is your concern don't get the sky.. and racks will totally kill this car's looks.
I'd say "go for it"! It would look great on a Miata or S2000! It will bring all kinds of chuckles from passerbys, truckers, Miata drivers, kids on bikes, babies in walkers and a whole lot more..and don't forget the canvas water cooler on the front bumper and a big ol' CB antenna! 10-4? I would suggest a "Continental Kit", but that would cover the license plate. (of course this is tongue in cheek, what else?)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
skyguy85 said:

OMGosh... i certainly couldnt imagine someone doing that to one of our "babies"....:willy: . oh no.:willy: .... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Deck Rack

I have seen an add for deck racks on the Sol Forum, the dealer said they would have one for the SKY as well.....SEAL9

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
seal9 said:
I have seen an add for deck racks on the Sol Forum, the dealer said they would have one for the SKY as well.....SEAL9
Somehow i think a deck rack would spoil the lines of the car, not to mention to put holes in it :nono:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I refuse to put two holes in my car for a toneau cover so I would never put holes in the trunk deck for a luggage rack. Besides with the OnStar and spoiler already back there I'm not sure there would be room.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:
I refuse to put two holes in my car for a toneau cover so I would never put holes in the trunk deck for a luggage rack. Besides with the OnStar and spoiler already back there I'm not sure there would be room.

Why ruin something that you have WAITED... so darn long to get in pristine condition? dont make sense to me... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You don't have to put holes in for a lot of them and most of them aren't permanent either. You can just put them on when you want to use them.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
brentil said:
You don't have to put holes in for a lot of them and most of them aren't permanent either. You can just put them on when you want to use them.

Ty.... just seemed every "extra" i wanted for my BMW M3... you had to put a hole here and there to attatch it.... so... i didnt.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
246 Posts
skyguy85 said:
I guess I have another opinion about it. If it allows me and my wife to go off on a vacation, whats the hurt in having the ability to carry enough luggage for a week or two. Once you get where you are going, take it off and leave it in the hotel. Knowing my wife, she wouild like to take a little more than what will fit in the current trunk and we both would like to keep the top down on the way there.

Most of the classic european cars always offered luggage racks - some came with them installed as a standard option. Of course we currently use my 2005 Ford 150 crew cab for our vacation car - lot of room for luggage in the back!

·
Registered
76 Posts
KappaSphere is working on one right now. It will mount in the existing chrome trim that the roof buttresses clamp into. I am sure it will be a good one because they will test it before selling it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
SolSky_Designs said:
KappaSphere is working on one right now. It will mount in the existing chrome trim that the roof buttresses clamp into. I am sure it will be a good one because they will test it before selling it.
For those who are old enough to remember or have seen reruns (Bev Hillbillies)
"Let me tell you a story about a man named Jedd. Poor mountaineer who could bearly keep his family fed" Now visualize the whole family and their belongings stacked on that old truck of his......"then one day He was hunt'in fer some food, when up from the ground came some bubbl'in crude....oil, that is - texas tea"
I'd like to have a picture of any one of them in a "Sky"

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
eldeeko said:
For those who are old enough to remember or have seen reruns (Bev Hillbillies)
"Let me tell you a story about a man named Jedd. Poor mountaineer who could bearly keep his family fed" Now visualize the whole family and their belongings stacked on that old truck of his......"then one day He was hunt'in fer some food, when up from the ground came some bubbl'in crude....oil, that is - texas tea"
I'd like to have a picture of any one of them in a "Sky"
Did I hear you mention Texas Tea? Uumm!!!! What's up ELDEEKO? I am still trying to figure out how to git that durn couch on the back of my SKY. I thinking about building a house with a cement pond, and indoor plumbing, YUP!
How do I fit a gun rack on the SKY?? Any ideas?:D :lol:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
'Moan tell ya story about...

Ernest said:
Did I hear you mention Texas Tea? Uumm!!!! What's up ELDEEKO? I am still trying to figure out how to git that durn couch on the back of my SKY. I thinking about building a house with a cement pond, and indoor plumbing, YUP!
How do I fit a gun rack on the SKY?? Any ideas?:D :lol:

ERNEST:thumbs:
Gun Rack? Hey! Just get Dick Chaney to (excuse the expression) ride shotgun for ya..
Still working on the rack and maybe a little pull out barbeque.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Gun Rack

Hey thar Ernest!
There may be room under the hood or deck clamshell. Kinda like the following:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Golly Ernest that under the rear deck sure does beat acarrin it on the Easy Rider Rifle rack in the front seat. Maybe the cops wont think I am acarrin a shotgun or a deer huntin rifle. Skip...:lol: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Skip said:
Golly Ernest that under the rear deck sure does beat acarrin it on the Easy Rider Rifle rack in the front seat. Maybe the cops wont think I am acarrin a shotgun or a deer huntin rifle. Skip...:lol: :cool:

Y'all knews wear i kin git one of them thar raks? SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 40 Posts