Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at purchising a Sky Red Line. I have looked at the Solstice and the Sky and personally like the looks of the Sky better. THe only option that the Solstice offers that is not available on the Sky that really affects me is the seat hieght adjuster. I'm not very machanically inclined, but I am thinking that it should be possible to put some sort of spacers in and lift the hieght of the Sky seat w/o too much trouble. If I could overcome this issue I would be on a waiting list now. Any thoghts? Thanks.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The Sky is supposed to have this seat height feaure soon, although I don't think anyone can say exactly when. How short are you?

·
Registered
50 Posts
When you order your RL, tell the dealer that you want the power seat-height adjuster, that is rumored to be available sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
im 5 6 and it the car feels great for me had to slide the seat forward some.. give more storeage behind the seat and you can recline a li :thumbs:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I.m 5' 5", just feel a little low in the seat, probably would get used to it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i went from a lifted truck to this so you get use to it just drive with the top down first lots of blind spots with the top up

·
Registered
192 Posts
My wife is 5'3" and she says she has no problem when she moves the seat up and has the back a little straighter than I have it. I am 5'9" and I have problems seeing up and over the back when backing up with the top down but I can live with that.:thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the replys. Very helpful.

·
Registered
155 Posts
scbulldog said:
looking at purchising a Sky Red Line. I have looked at the Solstice and the Sky and personally like the looks of the Sky better. THe only option that the Solstice offers that is not available on the Sky that really affects me is the seat hieght adjuster. I'm not very machanically inclined, but I am thinking that it should be possible to put some sort of spacers in and lift the hieght of the Sky seat w/o too much trouble. If I could overcome this issue I would be on a waiting list now. Any thoghts? Thanks.
Where did you hear that the Solstice is now offering this feature? I was under the understanding that since both are made on a similar body that they would both add this feature at the same time. Last I heard, it was supposed to begin being added in September. Though the salesperson who took my Sky deposit yesterday had heard nothing about a seat adjuster. Like you, I'm nervous about it since I'm only 5'4" but I will use a pillow if necessary. This car is worth it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
salesman gave me a spec sheet on the Solstice and it listed "2-way power driver seat height-adjuster standard".

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
scbulldog said:
I.m 5' 5", just feel a little low in the seat, probably would get used to it.
I'm 6'2" and I feel a little low in the seat. My 4'11" wife drives it with no problems(when she can get me out of it).

·
Registered
453 Posts
scbulldog said:
My fiance put spacers in for me because I sat too low and felt uncomfortable too. It only took him a few minutes to get it done. Now it's a great ride for me!! Piece of cake!! :thumbs:
Theresa

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
tolaiz said:
My fiance put spacers in for me because I sat too low and felt uncomfortable too. It only took him a few minutes to get it done. Now it's a great ride for me!! Piece of cake!! :thumbs:
Theresa
Yeah, Aaron and I have been meaning to talk to you guys about that. Do you think you can contract out your fiance to help me with that? I'm only 5ft tall (as you know) and I really need a lift... well you know what I mean!!!! LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm 5'4" and it's not a problem. At first I felt like I was sinking into the car, but I just tilted the seat a little forward. I just have better posture now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts