Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

About the 3 dial climate control module. The "recirculating air" feature on mine works only when the directional setting is set for vent and vent/floor-combo. When I set the air to go to full-floor thru full-defrost, the recirculate setting automatically turns off and the air then comes in from the outside.

My question is: Is this "normal operation"? Does your Sky do the same, or is something broken on mine?

·
Super Moderator
5,314 Posts
I have to say that I have never tried it. But I will check it out on the way home.

·
Super Moderator
5,314 Posts
Hi Everyone,

About the 3 dial climate control module. The "recirculating air" feature on mine works only when the directional setting is set for vent and vent/floor-combo. When I set the air to go to full-floor thru full-defrost, the recirculate setting automatically turns off and the air then comes in from the outside.

My question is: Is this "normal operation"? Does your Sky do the same, or is something broken on mine?
Yes, this is normal. Yes, mine does the same thing.

I pushed that button for the first time (ever) and saw the same thing that you described. Then I read the owner's manual, (!) and it described the same thing. The manual described, but I did not test, that pushing the recirc button when already in one of those modes will result in the light blinking three times, then going out.

The logic is that you do not want potentially humidified inside air blowing on the windshield, because that could cause sudden fogging or frosting. Some air is directed at the windshield in the floor/heat mode and of course in the de-fog modes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you John for answering my question with the utmost detail. Finally, I have something considered "normal" with this rescued puppy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts