Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure when this happened, but my door speakers are dead, yet the tweeters in the door pillars work with Balance & Fade, as do the rear speakers. I wonder if I introduced this problem when I switched the inside door panels from the original ones without Power Door Lock switches, to ones with switches. I also changed out both door wire harnesses to the PDL versions.

I wonder if the two different wire harnesses (without-PDL versus with-PDL) are wired differently for the door speakers. I wonder if power and ground are reversed for the speakers.

Does anyone know if the door speakers will not work if you reverse their Pwr/Gnd connection?

·
Administrator
8,700 Posts
Not sure when this happened, but my door speakers are dead, yet the tweeters in the door pillars work with Balance & Fade, as do the rear speakers. I wonder if I introduced this problem when I switched the inside door panels from the original ones without Power Door Lock switches, to ones with switches. I also changed out both door wire harnesses to the PDL versions.

I wonder if the two different wire harnesses (without-PDL versus with-PDL) are wired differently for the door speakers. I wonder if power and ground are reversed for the speakers.

Does anyone know if the door speakers will not work if you reverse their Pwr/Gnd connection?
My experience with speakers is that they will function with the signal wires reversed, but the sound will be out of phase and may, if your ear is sensitive enough, sound bad.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JohnWR, I have a special request.

Would you please post the schematic for the sound system with the Monsoon amp? I would greatly appreciate it. I am specifically interested in the wiring between the door speakers and the radio. I'd like to chase down my door speaker problem.

If it matters for selecting the proper schematic, this is my equipment, 2007 base with M/T.
Handwriting Font Art Auto part Number

·
Administrator
8,700 Posts
JohnWR, I have a special request.

Would you please post the schematic for the sound system with the Monsoon amp? I would greatly appreciate it. I am specifically interested in the wiring between the door speakers and the radio. I'd like to chase down my door speaker problem.

If it matters for selecting the proper schematic, this is my equipment, 2007 base with M/T.
These are from the '08 service manual, but as far as I know there were no changes between years. I will check the '07 manual and post a correction if anything is different.
Font Book Material property Parallel Pattern
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern
Font Material property Book Handwriting Paper
Book Font Handwriting Material property Paper
Font Material property Paper Pattern Parallel

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts