Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
No not close to the 350Z, but either is the price! You can pay the $10,000+ for the couple seconds! I am satisfied with the SKY out-running my pick-up!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
No not close to the 350Z, but either is the price! You can pay the $10,000+ for the couple seconds! I am satisfied with the SKY out-running my pick-up!
I'm satisfied if it's faster than someone walking :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah it's definately not close to the Z for 0-60, but it's cheaper. however you could get a used Z. the standard sky's too slow for me, but i'm here to keep an eye out on the redline :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
wildone_106 said:
Can it beat a 350z 0-60?

I cant decide on which is better
WHO CARES??? the 350Z is so Ugly I don't know why anyone would want one....Speed isn't everything you know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think the Z is ugly at all, it was incredibly close to the concept (which is becoming more common now) and I think alot is owed to Nissan for having the balls to do that..look what was around in 03 compared to today! Having said that I think the Sky looks as fantastic from the images I've seen and it'll probably do the same for Saturn that the Z has done. It looks like a $40,000 car even if the performance is'nt there...damn- decisions..!

SkyMan 07 said:
WHO CARES??? the 350Z is so Ugly I don't know why anyone would want one....Speed isn't everything you know...

·
Registered
148 Posts
wildone_106 said:
Can it beat a 350z 0-60?

The Red Line would be a 350Z;

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hope this Helps>>>>

The Z has a 0-60 time of 5.3 seconds. The standard Sky has a 0-60 time of (best I saw for the solstice) 6.7 sec. The redline version of the sky is rumored to have a 0-60 time of 5.0-5.5 sec. My feeling is, if your comparing the Z to the standard sky, the sky should be more tossable due to it's smaller size. The Z will be more quiet for long drives and rainy days due to its hard top. The Sky will be better for summer days and driving in the mountains due to it's convertable top. The Sky will be better on gas (estimated 38 Hwy for redline I believe, taken from Opel #s). The Z will be better for storage on long trips. The Z will be warmer and more quiet on winter snowy drives. The Z is an older look(not out dated, just not new anymore) and the sky will be a new look for some time. Performance-wise, I would prefer the Sky because I have learned that small cars handle better, are more tossable, and even when there is little power, you always feel fast because it is so small. I hope this helps. The redline will be a better car then the Z all around in my opinion as it is not only a small, tossable car, but the 0-60 times will be almost the same if not better. If you can't afford the redline, go for the base sky. The reason I say this is the sky is newer and if you don't like it you can always sell it for the same or more then you got it for. Also if the wait kills you, you can always fall back on one of the many Zs out there. There will always be Zs out there, right?:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
wildone_106 said:
I dont think the Z is ugly at all, it was incredibly close to the concept (which is becoming more common now) and I think alot is owed to Nissan for having the balls to do that..look what was around in 03 compared to today! Having said that I think the Sky looks as fantastic from the images I've seen and it'll probably do the same for Saturn that the Z has done. It looks like a $40,000 car even if the performance is'nt there...damn- decisions..!
it is just so out of porportion and has styling quirks, it looks funny to me, the top is pushed down and whats with that groove at the bottom of the door that does not match any bodylines...... sorry but that is how they look to me... the roadster looks better but not much...
now tell me which one looks better? there are so many 350z cars around, wouldn't you rather have something unique?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
wildone_106 said:
Can it beat a 350z 0-60?

No -- but it's not a dragster -- it is a roadster.. It is for cruising and touring.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I was waiting for someone else to respond...

wildone_106 said:
Can it beat a 350z 0-60?I cant decide on which is better
Get Real! You are talking apples vs oranges..even though the Sky looks better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I went to houston last week ... and tried the Z ...
for only 2k more for what I'm paying for the sky I was going to the Z home.... but my $500 is non refundable....
man that test drive was insane.....
it was a great deal... but when I got home I saw that the insurance on it was insane compared to the sky....

·
Registered
326 Posts
First off all ditto with what Ernest said :patriot: For every single GM car sold it represents almost twice as many American jobs as a Foreign manufactuer does.Now --You could even look at a mid to late 90's Vette (for the money)and that car would be worth more than probablly the Sky or 350Z in 5 years. I see alot of people talking about what these cars are going to be worth and what they sell for and I believe many people will be disappointed in time. Look around and try to find a car worth more today than when it was bought. Figure in insurance, upkeep, interest and you won't find many. Before any jumps in and says what about the 63 Vette that went for 300K on Barret Jackson? Yes it can happen I do understand that. It reminds me how people talked about buying a last year Camaro loaded out. Not worth what they went for now thanks to it amazingly coming back.Back to point :) buy what you want and pay what you want because youre the only person that you need to make happy (except in my case its my wife).

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
twirp said:
buy what you want and pay what you want because youre the only person that you need to make happy (except in my case its my wife).
Here here!:thumbs:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm with you

I'm buying mine because I have spent over a year figuring out which convertible two seater I like the most, and how much I can afford for a toy car. The Sky is it...I will accept no substitutes....and so I wait. In 20 years when I am done with it, look for it on Barrett-Jackson as an unmolested first year Sky with low original miles- I just might get what I paid for it!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Who cares . I'm buying the Sky because I like its looks and if it drives anything like the Solstice bonus. The 0-60 doesnt intrigue me as my dragster day are behind me. I don't even care what it will be worth in twenty years because every car I have owned is probably recycled scrap iron now, but I enjoyed all the experiences I had with them. I suspect the Sky will be no different.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
nighttripper said:
Who cares . I'm buying the Sky because I like its looks and if it drives anything like the Solstice bonus. The 0-60 doesnt intrigue me as my dragster day are behind me. I don't even care what it will be worth in twenty years because every car I have owned is probably recycled scrap iron now, but I enjoyed all the experiences I had with them. I suspect the Sky will be no different.:cheers:
to me the thrill of 0-60 times are old and don't mean much, now cutting through the mountians at a good clip, without having to drive hard is more fun to me...slow down and enjoy the scenery.....and wave at people that look at your car... the 350z is so old hat and so many out there now nobody even notices them, same with the miata.... oh wow there goes another miata:sleep:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
to me the thrill of 0-60 times are old and don't mean much, now cutting through the mountians at a good clip, without having to drive hard is more fun to me...slow down and enjoy the scenery.....and wave at people that look at your car... the 350z is so old hat and so many out there now nobody even notices them, same with the miata.... oh wow there goes another miata:sleep:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
twirp said:
First off all ditto with what Ernest said :patriot: For every single GM car sold it represents almost twice as many American jobs as a Foreign manufactuer does.Now --You could even look at a mid to late 90's Vette (for the money)and that car would be worth more than probablly the Sky or 350Z in 5 years. I see alot of people talking about what these cars are going to be worth and what they sell for and I believe many people will be disappointed in time. Look around and try to find a car worth more today than when it was bought. Figure in insurance, upkeep, interest and you won't find many. Before any jumps in and says what about the 63 Vette that went for 300K on Barret Jackson? Yes it can happen I do understand that. It reminds me how people talked about buying a last year Camaro loaded out. Not worth what they went for now thanks to it amazingly coming back.Back to point :) buy what you want and pay what you want because youre the only person that you need to make happy (except in my case its my wife).
I can't find the article at the moment, but I think it was Hot Rod mag:

??source said:
Many people don't realize that for every 100 vehicles GM sells in the U.S., we support 23 American jobs - twice as many as our foreign competitors. - Gary Cowger, GM Group VP, Global Manufacturing and Labor

1 - 20 of 26 Posts